MOVIE FREAK

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MOVIE FREAK

Postby red » Fri May 25, 2012 9:51 pm

I never heard those movies before..hmm.

I watched the movie HUGO produced by Johnny Depp very fascinating movie. My girls were enjoying it too. Also got to watch later The Descendants...George Clooney is in it. He won best actor on that one.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sat May 26, 2012 12:26 am

We were going to watch a movie this evening while we ate supper, but my sister came, so we went to our kids to eat. When we returned home it was too late to watch the movie. The movie is "My Favorite Wife." I think Cary Grant stars in it, and it is a very good movie about one man and 2 wives! The guy was almost to commit bigamy without intending to. I won't tell any more about the movie so it doesn't ruin it for you! It is a very upbeat funny movie! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue May 29, 2012 10:43 am

We have had so many things happening the last few days with Memorial Day Weekend, that we have not been able to watch any movies. But, last evening we did watch, "My Favorite Wife," and that movie is just as funny as I remember it. There is lots of good humor, and it is a very old clean movie. You would enjoy watching that movie. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:24 pm

A few nights ago we watched an interesting and funny movie. It was "Life Wth Father." The people acting were Irene Dunne, William Powell, and Elizabeth Taylor. It is interesting that Elizabeth Taylor stared in a movie, "The Return of Lassie," which was filmed when she was 13 years old in the same valley where we lived for 10 years, where you have to take a boat or an airplane. Some of it was filmed at Moore Point, and some at the Stehekin Landing where we lived. Anyway "Life With Father" is a very funny movie with lots of good humor. Carol bailed out on me before the movie was over because William Powell as Father was grumpy all the time, and that was part of the humor, but it bothered her, that he appeared to be mad half the time. It has some really funny stuff in it, including his baptism, so he could get into heaven with his wife, and their son selling medicine which made their mother almost die, and did kill one neighbor's dog! You will love watching this old movie! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:37 pm

We watched a fun movie this evening, "By the Light of the Silvery Moon," whose stars are Doris Day and Gordon McRae. It is a musical, in which the 18 year old daughter is a Tom Boy, and the younger brother gets into lots of mischief. A piano teach has kept Doris Day company while Gordon MacRae was away serving in the Army. The paino teacher has high hopes for Doris, but it is not mutual as she is in love with Gordon. There is lots of romance in this one, and the whole town except the father's wife thinks he is having an affair with a French Actress, but it is a big misunderstanding, creates lots of commotion, and makes the movie fun! You will enjoy this old movie too. Doris Day and Gordon MacRae have beautiful singing voices. Doris day did a lot of musical movies. She is also known for loving and recuing a lot of stray dogs. She is a dog lover; must be a wonderful person! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:25 am

Last movie i watched is This Means War. Its action romantic comedy. Reese Witherspoon portrays the role of single lady who is dating two men at same time. Very cool movie. Those who are on online dating can relate this somehow.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:48 am

Funny Red! :lol: :lol: Carol wanted to watch movies steady there for a while, but she has lost that desire for the time. She is gone now of course, but today we will get her, take her to Spokane, Washington, where she and our other daughter will get on the train bound for the East Coast. She will have fun. But lately she hasn't cared about watching movies, so we haven't for a while, but eventually she will want to watch again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby DavidM » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:21 pm

I just saw that Prometheus movie in the theaters. It really sucked! That's all I have to say about it.
DavidM

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:53 pm

About a week ago or more we started watching "Great Adventure" with Jack Palance, Joan Collins, and Fred Romer. I think someone called us on the telephone, and we got interrupted from watching the movie. We have not gotten back to it since. We just barely got started watching that movie.

You are right, DavidM, that there are some really dumb movies out there. What some people think is funny and good humor is just plain and simply stupid! Some people think vularity is funny. Some think that little kids cussing and taking God's name in vain is funny. I think some of the people who produce and act in movies have a warped sense of humor, and what they put out is not funny at all. There are a few good movies with lots of good humor though, and many of the older movies are good. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:44 am

I have lots of movies to catch up. So far movies i watched
were Contraband and Safehouse, Journey 2, Moneyball, Young Adults. I liked all of it. The one i enjoyed alot is Journey watched it with the girls. Moneyball too its intersting. I am not fond of baseball but the movie is interesting.
red

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum