Seperated?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Seperated?

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:58 pm

I suggest you carefully choose a good filipina the one that never ask money and will accept you for being you not for what you have but for what you are, by lyrehc.

Luke 12:15; Jesus speaking, "And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things whcih he possesseth." Then Jesus went on to tell the parable of the man who had so much that he didn't have enough space for his coming crop. He was hording what he had, instead of putting it to use, or allowing others to use it to ease their pain and discomfort. He decided that he would pull down his barns and build bigger ones to old his crops. This was the bad part of that person, which is seen in what he said: 19;"And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast mcuh goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20; But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be which thou has provided? 21; So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God." God accepts us for who we are, not for what we have, and lyrehc is very correct in that if you find someone who is more interested in who you are than what you have you have someone who is very valuable! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:45 am

wolfetone100 wrote:Hi i'm new to the forum and to the site so i'm sorry if someone has asked this before or its a silly quistion but i would like to hear your answers. I'm from Ireland and am seperated for two years and will get divorced as soon as i am able. I'm just wondering if woman over there view this as a very bad thing and will it hinder me finding a partner? I am also a catholic so i can understand some ladies might have reservations on religious grounds. Thank you in advance.

are you legally separated or de facto? it is hard for you to get married if you are just separated from your wife and then you are looking over a wife. Not quite good to hear for me, if you are separated then you will find a woman.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 am

Yes, this whole issue can get complicated with marriage, separation, annulement, and divorce. Some are still married while they are looking for others. It gets really complicated, and some even get involved in bigomy. I understand this happens a lot in the Philippines as there is no divorce, and annulement is difficult. Some are into separation and they view their situation the same as being divorced, although legally it is not the same. Some look while only being separated and then when they find someone, they tell them that they are going to get a divorce. Sometimes that never happens, and that person ends up going back to his wife, or her husband. The big question is, is that person legally available to marry? :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:55 am

Maybe it is good to be friends over here and no emotional attach to the girl here.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby fenmoor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:04 am

There are quite a few people who choose to do just that Crisi. They go to the Philippines and visit around with no certain plans for any particular girl at all.

Bill
fenmoor

Postby lie_ta » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:48 am

fenmoor wrote:There are quite a few people who choose to do just that Crisi. They go to the Philippines and visit around with no certain plans for any particular girl at all.

Bill

And why people would choose to no plan at all with particular girl? Just playing around?
lie_ta

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:41 am

Yes, lie_ta, some write to a number of girls for a period of time, after which to make a trip to the Philippines to spend time with each one. Some are honest and tell all the girls how many and which ones they also have on the line, to let them know that there are others involved and they are not the only one. Some are deceptive and try to make each girl think she is the one and only, and that has proven to be very hurtful! :( I had a friend who did that, and he told me that he was afraid that one of the girls were going to commit suicide, and so it is very serious business. Now after he collected and selected, and has been married for a number of years he told me that he regrets that he went that route. So, yes, to answer your question, lie_ta, there are some who do that, and so you need to be a detective, and try to figure that out, so that you don't end up being just one of many, when you thought that you were one of one! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby BigBlastGuy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:58 am

crisipicada wrote:
lyrehc wrote:There are some filipina that doest bother if your seperated or not as long as love is there....but there are also some that doesn't want to have a separated or divorce partner...I suggest you carefully choose a good filipina the one that never ask money and will accept you for being you not for what you have but for what you are... :D :D :D

You are right for that. I do not hesitate to accept the person whatever his past could be as long as he loves me. I always say that we can not change the past and what we have done can never be undone. What is important that God has forgiven us and we repented with our past and give it to Him. I believe that a good relationship will grow as long as there is respect and love for each other. So for me, it is good to be transparent and make the most effort to let your relationship prosper.

So, what do you do if the other person is separated? They are not free to marry. Do you still take them? You can live together but you can not marry because the other person is separated.
BigBlastGuy

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:34 am

BigBlastGuy, different people have different opinions about this depending on their perspective. Most Christians believe that seperated people are off limits for romance and marriage, or I should say romance and living together, as it is against Christian principles and God's laws. There are lots of opinions about divorce and remarriage. We could go into the idea of Moses allowing the people to have a writing of divorcement, and Jesus said that was because of the hardness of people's hearts. Matthew 19:3-9; has some teaching of Jesus about this. Matthew 5:31 & 32; also has more of the same. At one time our ministers' organization was very strict about this, not allowing any divorced and remarried person to minister in the church in an official capacity. That was many years ago up to not long ago. I have seen that they have relaxed that rule, and now they allow ministers who have been divorced and remarried for certain reasons to hold credentials and minister. For instance it a wife leaves her husband, and it is not his fault, or the other way around, if a husband leaves his wife, and it is not his fault, the organization allows credentials, and allows the person to minister. If adultery or fornication is the reason for the separation and divorce, the organization allows the innocent person who has been wronged to remarry, carry credentials, and minister. It used to be if separation and divorce took place, it did not matter what the reason, the people involved were not to remarry, but with our organization it is not that way anymore. So in other words it used to be believed that if you got divorces you are never free to marry again, and you are not free to marry any person who has been divorce. Now they look into the circumstances of why the separation and divorce took place, and then they decide if remarrying is allowed.

My understanding is that there is no divorce in the Philippines, so people who are separated often just go live with someone else, instead of getting divorced and remarrying, and that gets compicated, and can have many problems. It is actually considered criminal activity in the Philippines, but I understand it is seldom enforced, but you can be prosecuted and incarcerated for many years because of it. The anullment for people in the Philippines is somewhat like our divorce, only there are different reasons for allowing it, and I understand it can be very expensive, and sometimes people can demand to be paid off, like an ex husband or ex wife. So, my understanding is that it can be dangerous and risky especially for a Western guy to live wiht a separated filipina. So be careflul what you do in the Philippines, as both formication and adultery are criminal offences whilch carry prison sentences, if prosectued and convicted! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby fenmoor » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:49 am

lie_ta wrote:
fenmoor wrote:There are quite a few people who choose to do just that Crisi. They go to the Philippines and visit around with no certain plans for any particular girl at all.

Bill

And why people would choose to no plan at all with particular girl? Just playing around?

While I am certain some people do just that Lie_ata, I was talking about the men who will go to the Philippines not having a woman to meet at all. They go to get a feel for the country and meet people. They will go to places where people gather and if they meet someone nice, they might go on a date with them. Typically they will not stay in one place too long their first trip. They will try a couple different areas to see if they prefer one area over the other.

The idea is to meet people that they might find a connection with and to find an area of the country that they like or feel most comfortable. After they leave, they will THEN have a pen pal or 2 that they might have met, or if not, then at least they have some idea of the area of the country they prefer. All of this is actually to simply set up a return trip later.

Nothing like trying to hook up with many girls etc... If you have never been to a country, often it is better to go there, if you can, to get a "feel" for the place. Not everyone has lived in the Philippines 2 years like I have, and even I have never been to Cebu or Mindinao or Leyte etc...

Bill
fenmoor

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum