Sleeping

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Sleeping

Postby Edwin » Fri May 04, 2012 6:57 pm

You are a smart girl, Red, to go to bed instead of watching late night movies. It doesn't pay. You get sleepy in church unless that lady pastor is speaking, huh? You are not alone, Red, I get sleepy in church sometimes too, and almost fall asleep for short periods of time. It is natural, because you come in tired, sit down, relax, listen to music and talking, speaking, and it is very easy to fall asleep. Was it the Apostle Paul that had a guy fall asleep on him, while he was preaching, and the guy fell out of the window 3 stories to the ground below and died. Paul prayed for him, and the guy came back to life, then Paul kept on preaching until the sun came up the next day. He had a lot to say! They broke bread, ate, and were not a little comforted that the young man came back to life after Paul prayed for him! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sun May 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Need a brneak for sleeping. Is all i need.:-)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun May 06, 2012 11:26 pm

I hate to admit this, but I went to sleep this morning while the preacher was praying his closing prayer. I didn't realize I was asleep until he was finished prayer, then my head was bowed a little longer than anyone else's! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Mon May 07, 2012 12:59 am

I did the same thing yesterday. Not that i got bored but because i need sleep. Saturday night slept at midnight because we went to night cafe in cdo. Then before going church i showered. After one hour from shower makes me doze. So i kept dozing yesterday. My prayer was longer than anybody because i fell asleep. Oh well :-)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Mon May 07, 2012 1:18 am

If you are already apt to doze, just take a warm shower, and you will doze for sure. The Lord knows, and He understands that we are not dozing in church on purpose. I fought sleep while he was preaching even though he was doing a great job, and I love to hear what he has to say, but when he prayed that did it, I just started sleeping. I took a shower not long before also, and maybe that is what did it! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat May 19, 2012 2:00 am

For good health and the best of mental condition we need our rest and sleep. So what am I doing? I am staying up too late!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: But after this post is complete I am crawling into bed for a good night's sleep with sweet dreams. Did you know that sleep is God's gift to us. To do well we need sleep. Some of us require much more sleep than others. When I was young, you can't believe the amount of sleep I needed each night just to survive. I require so much less sleep now than I used to, and I don't know the reason. My great aunt told me that older people require less sleep, and when she told me that she was much younger than I am right now!!!! God wants to bless us with the gift of sleep. Claim it from Him! :D :D :D :D Give Thanks Unto the Lord, for He is Good!!!! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:28 am

Well, I went to bed early, because tomorrow is an important day that I am going to be taking our daughter and her daughter to Wenatchee, Washington which is about a 2 hour drive from our place, for a medical appointment. Early for me is before mid night, so I settled in, and low and behold at 1:45 I woke up, got up, wrote a couple of posts, but now I must return to bed to sleep as I still hope to have a good day tomorrow. So goodnight everyone, and sweet dreams. Actually for many of you it is sweet daydreams as it is the middle of the afternoon where you are in the Philippines, actually about 5:30 p.m., and you are finished with work, and having a relaxing evening! Oh, how I wish I were there! Well its all in God's hands and according to His will, and that is the best for us, to live in His favor, huh? For now back to bed for me! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:21 pm

still have insomnia lately. I can have average sleep of 5 or 4 hours a night. I want to be so tired at day so that i can sleep but still have insomnia
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Yes, Crisi, insomnia is not fun. The worst is when you have things during the day that you need to be alert for, and the night before you were not able to sleep. If I can't sleep, I just have to get up for a while until I am tired and sleepy enough to go back to bed and asleep. Sometimes a person lays there in bed and goes right back to sleep, but sometimes you just have to get up and do something until you are ready to sleep again. It is hard if worry and stress causes a loss of sleep. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:38 am

Well, here I am again! I woke up at about 4 a.m. I was wide awake, so I decided to get up and do some necessary business with my finances. I just figured out how much money I don't have!!!! It will all work out though I know. Then I decided to get on here and write a post or two! My great aunt, who at the time, I thought was ancient, told me that older people don't require as much sleep. She at that far was far younger than I am now!!!! Anyway I have been up for 1 & 1/2 hours and I will be going back to bed and sleep as I am too tired to stay up without sleeping more. The digging I have been doing in my cellar has been making me really tired, which is okay as long as I can recuperate, and I will! So back to bed for a little more sleep! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum