Sleeping

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Sleeping

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Last night was Friday night. I went to bed in fairly good time, so that I could get up early and feel like working hard. Well, I went to bed I think about 11:30 p.m. or so, which is early for me, as 12 midnight is my usual bed time. I slept well until about 4 a.m. when I felt a tick crawling on me, and that always wakes me up, well almost always anyway. I then got up and dealt with the tick. You might say I was ticked! No, just kidding, I have had so many of them on me that it doesn't bother me at all. When someone says that they are ticked, they mean that they are griped about something! Anyway I just laid back down in bed, when I heard the mouse trap snap. I was tempted to just lay there until morning, but I was afraid that the trap might not have killed the mouse, and I didn't want it to suffer, so I got up and dealt with the mouse! I took the mouse out and dumped him, resetting the mouse trap and replacing it back again to catch another mouse. I told Carol I lost just enough sleep to make me tired, and she told me to take a nap after I ate the noon, and that is what I think I will do, because it will help me to work much harder when I go back out, which is important! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:18 am

I am ticked again!!!! No, I really am not! But at 3 a.m., I felt a tick crawling on me while I was in bed, and by the time I got up to deal with the tick, I was wide awake, and here I am!!!! I went to bed in fairly good time, before midnight, because tomorrow, this morning is church, and I don't want to sleep in church. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:12 am

Well, why I wake up in the middle of the night, between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. is a mystery to me, but this is one of those nights! I guess I have been up for about 2 hours now, feeling like it is daytime, but I think it is time for me to go back to bed to finish my sleeping. Last night I just stayed up as I needed to take Carol to the boat. It worked out okay, but I got really tired in the middle of the day, and slept in my chair from about 3 p.m., until 5 p.m. and then I went out and worked like crazy for a little while. I probably got more accomplished from being rested than if I had gone out feeling tired! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:33 am

I slept today for an hour and a half and now will sleep early coz i feel tired already. Its like im caught of those past months of sleeping late because of tv or movies. I havent watch tv in while except Garfield cartoons and Transformers cartoons because of my girls. I miss watching news. I heard its flooding in manila the other day.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:48 am

That is sad about the flooding in Manila. My friend's filipina has part of her family in Manila, but I haven't heard anything from them personally yet. Some of them are on facebook, and they get on a talk about it, but it might not be in their area of Manila, or they have not gotten around to talking about it on facebook yet. I think you are right, when you miss sleep, after a while it catches up with you, and then you have to sleep more. Sometimes the reaction is not immediate, like I missed sleep last night so I have to sleep more tonight. It is like I missed a lot of sleep, so maybe weeks or months later you are having to catch up on that sleep. I woke up at 3 a.m. and I was up for a couple of hours. Then I slept later. That has been happening to me a lot lately. I don't stress about it, but I just get up, stay up until I am tired, then I lay back down and go to sleep again! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:13 pm

They said when you get older whether you sleep early or late you will wake up early. :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:11 am

I heard that older people don't require as much sleep. My great aunt told me that, and I thought she was ancient! Well, at that time she was not nearly as old as I am now!!!! When I was young I craved sleep. Carol used to get so mad at me because I slept so long and she couldn't wake me up. Well, now the rolls have reversed and Carol sleeps a lot, and I am the one that doesn't sleep as much! I think it is some health related problem that she has, and we don't understand it. It really upsets Carol, but if she needs to sleep and she can afford to, she might as well sleep. She claims she has to in order to survive, and if she doesn't sleep she doesn't feel well. There are many days that she goes to bed early, sleeps all night, and then sleeps most of the next day! I feel badly for her, but I go along with her on it. I wait to eat breakfast until she is up and going. It delays what I do, but after my cellar is dug, it will not even matter. I get on here post and look at facebook, e-mail, and so on until she is awake, and then I go to playing the piano. Of course lately I am playing the piano very little as I am devoting all my energies to that cellar digging. What has been happening to me, is that I wake up in the early morning before it is time to get up, and then I spend a couple of hours up, afterwhich I crawl back into bed, and sleep more. I remember my grandfather complaining about not being able to sleep at night, and they said it was because he sat in a chair and slept much of the day! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:59 am

Well, here I am, 2:54 a.m. and I have not been to sleep yet! I think what happened is that I have had a few days of rest due to an appointment, visiting with friends, and the weather; raining until I couldn't work; got lots of piano playing in that day! Anyway I did a lot of work today with the rock bar down low, and also I have started squaring up my cellar, and making the walls straight up and down, which means I have been doing a lot of bending down using the rock bar, and also leaning and stretching. My back is not out of place, but it feels tired and tense, and it will not let me sleep. It is my back and my hips, so I have to lay on my back, and I am not used to sleeping that way, plus it hurts just a little bit all the time, so consequently I am not sleeping! I could just lay there, but after a while of not sleeping I get up and do something, so this is what I am doing! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:15 am

Well, I think I am going to try to sleep again, because I do need to work tomorrow! My doggie is sleeping peacefully! When I am not able to sleep if I get up for a while often that helps me to feel tired, and then I can go back to bed and go to sleep. So maybe that will work. I will try it. Ever since the electricity went down because of the plane crash I have not reset the clock, so it has been blinking instead of telling the correct time, but now I have set the clock, so when I wake up in the middle of the night, I can tell what time it is! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:43 am

Okay, why am I not sleeping! My theory is that even though my back is not injured, nor out of place, it is stressed from my digging especially using the rock bar. Last night my back would not relax until 3:30 a.m. or so in the morning, then after than I went to sleep. This nigh I went right to sleep, slept until 3:30 a.m., then woke up wide awake. My back is tense, but after a while I think I will be able to go back to bed, and asleep. I need to be sleeping so that I can work hard on my cellar during the day! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum