Old Habits Are Hard to Break

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Old Habits Are Hard to Break

Postby red » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:53 am

What habits you have that you cant change?
I have one that has been since kid. I like to do things on the last minute and it causes me to panic and stress. I used to do paperworks, assignments, projects etc on last minute. Now, im working on gathering documents and one paper causing delay. Have i done it last month all would have been ok by now. Old habit is just so hard to break indeed.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Re: Old Habits Are Hard to Break

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:54 am

You know Red, some people work better under pressure, and for them last minute is the thing! I know more last minute people than I know of the other kind. I am not, and have not been a last minute person for many years. Ever since I started going back to school in the early 1980s it has been do the assignment as soon as possible, then relax. Actually I never relax, but I do things ahead as much as possible. I didn't used to be that way though, in Elementary, Junior High, High School, Bible College. Back then I waited until it was almost impossible then I would tackle the assignment. Sometimes I would make it, and at other times I would not get it finished in time! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:06 am

I work better when under pressure he he..when i work ahead of due date i often screwed up. Im more focus and i actually think ahead how to do it just act at it to last minute.
red

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:39 am

Yes, Red, everyone has his/her own methods of tackling jobs. Thinking ahead and planning so that you will know what you are doing when you tackle that job is a good thing! My digging in the cellar is very hard, so I have trouble with enthusiasm. I want the end results, but it takes perserverance for me to stay at it to get the end results because the job is so hard, and so slow, but I will get there! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby DavidM » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Hey Red, have you been meaning to write this post and waited until just now to do it? :D

I can't stop cracking my knuckles to save my life.
DavidM

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 pm

DavidM, pretty funny! I think Red waited until the last minute to write this post! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It is funny because some people are procrastinators, and they always seem to pull it off. They are not a minute early, nor are they a minute late. Other procrastinators fail because they are last minute people but they can't make it work. I am afraid it I were a procrastinator I would fail, so I have to be as early as is reasonable! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Lol
DavidM wrote:Hey Red, have you been meaning to write this post and waited until just now to do it? :D

I can't stop cracking my knuckles to save my life.

how did you know? Lol. Not sure when i posted this but i remember it was in the middle of supposedly making phone calls. But had to use my phone for this then let the phone calls wait. :P
red

Postby red » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Hey sir ed..not all times i have to wait til last minute. Certainly wont let a breakfast wait on the table so im going to eat now before i get hungry. Lol
red

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:18 pm

Red, eat that breakfast before it gets cold! When I was in elementary, junior high, high school, and Bible College I never did anything until the last minute! I was a procrastinator! I didn't see the importance of a lot of things. Most of the time I didn't care much about my grades as long as I had a good time! Some time in the early years of being married and starting our family I changed, and since then I have not been the same person that way. I do things sometimes before I want to, because I know the consequences of not getting things done on time! Until some years after we had been married and started our family I was normally late to most everything I attended. People must have really be mad at me, because I didn't care when I got there as long as I got there eventually. I was really late for our wedding pictures, and I think Carol thought I changed my mind and would not show up at all. I worked running a combine in the wheat field until the last minute, then went to town, and took my time about getting ready, and I think there were some people pretty unhappy with me, but I didn't care! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:26 pm

I have a future grandson-in-law who puts everything off to the last minute and is late for everything. He is a really nice guy, which is more than I can say for the wicken practicing family she was messed up with before. Her guy was a Catholic, but they have been going to the Assemblies of God church since. His father is a practicing successful lawyer, and his mother has worked in the hospital as an exray technition, then the last number of years she taught school. She is a Malaysian, from Malaysia, but now sadly she has had a stroke, and the family has hired our granddaughter to take care of her in California. They are all hoping the young man will grow up and change, because he doesn't get ready for a trip until it is almost too late, and sometimes really too late. He puts off his studies until he is having difficulty completing any of his college courses. He is quite talented, a pianist, and artist, and very intelligent. He is a very good guy and we all like him very much. Some get out of patience with him because of his habits, but he will grow up some day! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum