SUMMER

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

SUMMER

Postby red » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 pm

What are the fun stuff you like to do during summer?

Me, I like to go to the beach! or water resort :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Re: SUMMER

Postby red » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Those that like to come here for vacation and don't like the beaches... we have here the Dahilayan resort over there in Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon. You can do zipline there :)
red

Postby Smiley » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:18 pm

I love the beach.I actually just love being outside in good weather. I like being on the Harley,cooking on the barbeque,sitting around a fire,going fishing.........all the things that make the worst day of summer better than the best day of winter.
Smiley

Postby red » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:25 pm

I like to do major cleaning of the house during summer. Wash everything beds, couches, etc ha ha! and dry them under the sun. :D Vacuum cleaning isn't enough for me. My husband would say "what! how do u do that?" it is just different on how they do it in the states. :D
red

Postby Edwin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:36 am

I have always liked to work in the heat. It does not feel as hot when you are working as when you are sitting around in the heat. The evaporation keeps your skin cool. It is a good idea to use sun screen, sun burn protection especially if you are light skinned. My skin is not really light, so I don't burn like some people do, but I try to protect my skin in the sun anyway. I used to like to swim, but I have not been swiming for a long time. Sometimes I like to stay in the shade when it is hot. I really don't mind the heat though, while other people are complaining about how hot it is, I am laughing at them! That's not very nice of me, is it? Well, we have to find humor someone how. My wife does not appreciat the cute remarks I make about the heat either, while she thinks she is suffering from it! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:37 pm

I thought the summer season in the Philippines was pretty much the same as our winter seaon here, but I am finding out that it is not aligned that perfectly. We are on the edge of winter moving into spring, and you in the Philippines are into your winter? I was under the impression that during our January people in Australia are into their summer. If that is the case summer in the Philippines is not at exactly the same time as summer in Australia? Our weather from now on is not as cold as winter, and any snow that we will get will not stay on the ground. It was several degrees below 0 Celcius yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon when I went walking the air was moisture laiden with the wind blowing, and it was colder than I thought it would be. I wore ear muffs, and I kept my hands in my pockets part of the time! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 pm

It is interesting the way the seasons compare various places in the world. In Australia if I am not mistaken, when January comes it is the hottest part of their summer, while where we live that is the most severe winter weather time of our year. Where we live June is kind of the beginning of our summer, with June 20th given as the day summer is supposed to begin. In the Philippines if I am not mistaken, June is the end of summer, and the kids are returning to school at that time. Where we live the kids return to school the 1st of September which is the end of our summer. Do I have this figured out correctly? :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:47 am

yes sir ed, summer here starts at march then ends at may. june here is start of wet season. :D
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:53 am

Thank you, Red, for clarifying that for me. I kind of heard something that gave me the idea that was the case. They suggested with the coming of June, summer was over. Anyway our seasons are a little different than that. For us on the calendar the official starting of summer is June 20th, although for many of us we consider June 1st as summer, I think because forever June first has been summer vacation from school. Fall for us is considered the 1st of September as, even the last days of August we can get frosts and then freezing weather any time after that. We think of fall up to and including November, although any time after the 1st of November we can get real winter weather, but it usually comes in December. Our winter last until the end of February, sometimes spilling over into March with winter weather, but that is usually considered the beginning of spring where we live. Then spring of course lasts until the hot weather starts which is any time after the last of May or 1st of June. This years so far we have had very little to no summer weather, even though by now it should be here in full force! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:14 am

I think Australia's summer coinsides with our winter! A number of years ago in January I was freezing and chatting with someone in Austrailia who said they were sitting at their computer in their shorts and miserably hot! It is interesting that our summer is from June to August, while your summer in the Philippines is from March to May. March to May is our spring season when we are just coming out of winter! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum