How do you love Chocolates? :D

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

How do you love Chocolates? :D

Postby ms.sin17 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:46 pm

chocs.jpg
I like chocolates so much! mmmmmmh.. hehehe it is the most popular 'pasalubong' from a friend came from abroad in the Philippines.. :P I like chocolates so much when I knew of a friend coming from abroad I immediately asks 'where is my chocs? :P' hehehe I like them but sometimes when I ate so much of them my stomach cant handle it :oops: which I dont like.. :? :roll: but now I think my tummy has been immune by it :mrgreen: well, I think so.. :oops:

Philippines has no such delicious chocs that abroad has, we have very cheap chocs but it's not that nice to taste. Even we have cadbury or toblerone, it does not have the same taste like in abroad :oops: :| WHY? :( :oops: :roll: I dont know.. Well, I recognize original chocolate when a chocolate gets EASILY MELT.. I never know that we have those chocs... :roll: We only have those simple chocs. My friend Isa never like our chocs :cry: :oops: she said they have lots of awesome chocs in Germany... :cry: We have kisses hershey's in the Philippines and Ferraro Rocher(I just tasted ONCE ONLY :lol: )but those are expensive kind of chocs.. but in abroad they are cheap (that's what they said) and very original.. Now I ask, WHY? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Everything eLse that is happening in the earth is tempOrary, yOu cOnsider, everything that is gOing On is just Vanity. . .
ms.sin17

Re: How do you love Chocolates? :D

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:46 pm

ms.sin17, my family knows that I love chocolate, so they often buy me chocolate for Christmas, birthday, or just a fun surprise for me. One of my family, if I remember right the twin who lives 3 hours away from us gave me "Brookside, Dark Chocolate, Pomegranate," and they are very good! I just have a few of them left from Christmas. They come in a zip bag that keeps them fresh! Carol's cousin knows that I love chocolates, so he and his wife brought me some Milk Chocolate Almonds, and they were so good that I couldn't stay out of them, so they didn't last long. But we have bought more of them twice. Carol is a diabetic, so she can't eat very much of any of it, but these chocolate covered almonds have a low enough content of sugar, so that she can eat 4 to 6 of them at a time, so often she asks me to get a few of them for her. Then in the past I have eaten chocolate covered raisins. I often eat a half of a very large chocolate bar that has almonds in it. I also often eat half of a very large bar of dark chocolate. Someone got me for Christmas a jar of chocolates from all over the world, Germany, Itally, Spain, England, and they were very good! They didn't last long either as once I would get them out, I would eat a bunch of them! I have had chocolate bars with nuts and fruit in them that were very good also! Chocolates are supposed to be very good for you, so you can feel good about eating them, and especially the dark chocolates! I think the chocolates are supposed to be a love food also, so they enhance your love life, according to that idea! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 pm

I like a good quality dark chocolate.I have a sweet tooth in general but dark chocolate is my weakness.
I have noticed a difference in quality as well. In the Philippines I think chocolate contains more edible waxes to keep the product from melting or discoloring.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:47 pm

That would make sense, Smiley, as the weather there in so many places is so warm that they would have melted chocolate everywhere if they didn't do something like that! The advertisement for M & Ms I think was that they were supposed to melt in your mouth and not in your had! I will bet that it is a real treat for the filipinas to be able to get some real quality chocolate that does not have those edible waxes. So, I guess that is the way to win a filipina's heart is to take some chocolates with some ice packs in them to keep them from melting, and then when you get with your filipina, eat them quickly! Then lick up the chocolate on the fingers and the mouth!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:56 am

i love chocolates. but i hate them now because it triggers my allergy. i love handmade chocolates from belgium and switzerland. i love dark chocos because they are good for the heart. i had lots of cadburry last 2010 because my sis in law was sales supervisor of cadburry here in phils. then she moved to kimberly clark co. then now loreal paris. we are blessed of products because wherever my sis in law is connected we are supplied of products too at discounted price :D Now we use loreal paris...5 problems, 1 solution. we filipinos are worth it! he he
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:31 am

Yes, Red, you filipinos are definately worth it! Our youngest daughter has somewhat the same problem as you do. When she was little it had a pronounced effect on her to where it would cause her throat to swell shut until she could not breath! She out grew that and many of her other allergy problems, but she tells me that she doesn't enjoy eating chocolates just because of the bad memories of those times. Her daughter doesn't care for chocolates either, and I don't know if it is because her mother doesn't care for them, or if it is a reason that she has. Anyway they don't compete for any chocolates that I had, and they don't even want them, which is sad, but I understand, and I am sorry that anyone has to have had problems that way! :( :(
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 am

I happened to be in town for an appointment, and I ended up at our daughter's place for supper. Before that I went to fill the car with gasoline, and then I went to Walmart's grocery store to get some milk, bananas, and chocolate. I bought 4 gallons of mile and 2 bunches of bananas and gave half of them to our daughter and granddaugter. I also bought 2 large chocolate bars with almonds, 2 large chocolate slightly sweetened dark chocolate, and one 8 ounce box of baker's unsweetened chocolate, only to discover after I got home that I had 2 more boxes of that chocolate in a drawer, that evidentally I have been saving, but didn't even remember that I had it. I read on the box that it is not to be refrigerated, but it may lose it color, but the taste will be affected, and it will be safe to eat, so now I have lots of chocolate! I have more than I need, but eventually I will eat it! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:05 am

I do love chocolates. It taste so good. I remember when I was in training camp, I used to bring chocolates on my pocket while we were on jogging or anything like that so that i have strength. And also it will give me energy for the day.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:21 am

Yes, Crisi, the little bit of sugar in the chocolate will give you energy, and the chocolate itself has a euphoric effect; it makes you feel good! That is why many think of chocolate as a love food. I love chocolate as well, and you all have probably heard a lot about that from me! Chocolate is also beneficial to your heart. Sunday as I was heading home, I went towards Walmart Grocery store, thinking of milk, chocolate, and bananas. On the way I reasoned that I had enough milk, then their bananas have not been that good lately, so I decided not to stop there just for chocolate. I have 2 large dark chocolate bars, but I am too full of other good food to eat any! I have 2 boxes of baker's chocolate, but too full to eat any of that. I have pomegranite and almonds covered with chocolate, but I am too full to eat any of that also. I am too full for my peanut butter honey and milk! I just plain had plenty to eat! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Crisi, I thought you were going to say that the chocolate melted in your pocket! I have had that happen too! Chocolates make wonderful gifts. My kids give me chocolates for presents often! :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:59 pm

I found this on facebook, and I thought it was pretty cute! This time of the year lately with our extremely hot air temperatures, when I get out a dark Hershey chocolate bar, and try to break it in two, it usually bends instead of breaking like it would do if it were cooler. Then it is impossible to touch it without getting chocolate on my fingers. Sometimes I try to eat it without touching it with my fingers which is not always possible. Anyway here is this cute picture I found on facebook:
LadyChocolate.jpg
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum