How to gain a filipina's heart?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: How to gain a filipina's heart?

Postby fenmoor » Tue May 22, 2012 3:47 pm

crisipicada wrote:
fenmoor wrote:hehe I will keep that in mind... so for my luggage when I go to the Philippines, I will have clothes in one case and chocolate in the other ;)

Bill

That is good to hear, Bill. Just make sure that it wont melt on your luggage :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cris,

Not certain what I can do about it. Any ideas?

Bill
fenmoor

Postby Edwin » Tue May 22, 2012 11:37 pm

Crisi, no doubt has some good ideas, but I have a few. Frozen packs might help. A little insulation of some kind might be good too. I think most of the airplanes are cooled to a degree that should keep your chocolate safe. It is when you are in the Philippines out of airconditioning that your chocolate might not be safe from melting. Even a towel wrapped around your chocolates will help. Keep them out of direct sunlight as much as possible, or in the shade.

Eat them quickly before they melt! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Other ideas, Crisi? :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu May 24, 2012 1:50 am

Edwin wrote:Crisi, no doubt has some good ideas, but I have a few. Frozen packs might help. A little insulation of some kind might be good too. I think most of the airplanes are cooled to a degree that should keep your chocolate safe. It is when you are in the Philippines out of airconditioning that your chocolate might not be safe from melting. Even a towel wrapped around your chocolates will help. Keep them out of direct sunlight as much as possible, or in the shade.

Eat them quickly before they melt! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Other ideas, Crisi? :D :D :D :D

Yes, Sir Edwin, It is better to put some ice in the luggage too. hehehehe just joking.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Smiley » Thu May 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Years ago,a friend invited me to visit his family farm for a weekend. Along with a huge sack of Jasmine rice I brought jumbo Toblerone bars for his mother and his sisters.Don`t know why, I had never bought one before(didn`t even know for sure what they were),turns out it was a pretty good choice.They loved them!I wrapped them up with one of those little blue gel packs that you put in the freezer.
Just for what it`s worth guys, ;) Toblerone seems to be the way to go( Get the BIG ones!)
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 am

Big Toblerone bars, never heard of them, but certainly worth a try. They might even run competition to chocolate bars! We got some Jasmine rice, I think a large sack of it from Cosco some time back. Our granddaughter went to live with her aunt for a while, and I think we sent that rice with her, as she is crazy about rice and chicken soup! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Fri May 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Oh yeah, those suckers must have been 2 feet long. I used to have access to shop at the stores on the U.S. bases when I was there.Thats where I got the rice and stuff too. I have seen big Toblerone bars since but never as big as these,I think they were a kilo each!
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Sat May 26, 2012 10:31 am

Wow, those are big bars! Yes, when people have access to shopping at the base it is really nice. The trend is for things to get smaller and cost more money. When I was a kid, you could get huge payday bars for 5 and 10 cents, and now you can't find that size bar, and they cost, I think, like at least a dollar! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:01 pm

I do believe that being honest and true is the most important for any relationship. But there are attributes of the person that I really like most. One is being understanding and caring. That means, do not argue with me if i got wrong. If you want to share about your ideas, then just let me know and do not say that what my thoughts are wrong. Just like in any conversation yesterday with my officemates and my chief, she suggested the format she made. Then my chief suggest another thing. And now, I try to see the format and then it is quite complicated.

So, instead of saying that is not good, I just talk to my boss, "Sir, I would suggest this format, is it okay for you and explain it to him and it is final format. Thanks, they agreed. So, being nice to say things is one thing that wont trigger bad feelings.

Another thing is, that will always point me to the Lord, that will tell me encouragement about what God's promises. It really relieves me a lot. Yes, it is important to have some financial security but God is the source of everything. That is why, all that God has given us are just stewards to us. The more we become close to God, the person is also getting close to you. The more you insist to like someone even he or she does not like you, you are throwing him or her away.

Hmmm just do not forget my chocolate :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Yes, Crisi, honesty and truthfulness are very good qualities. Also being caring and understand are important as well. Being argumentive does not help. A soft answer turneth away wrath. It is good to make suggestions, rather than saying, "You are wrong," and offend the person. Spiritual encouragement is important, to encourage each other to draw close to the Lord. Yes, financial security is important, and you are right, Crisi, God has made us stewards. God owns the cattle on a thousand hills.

Chocolates are very important! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby jenny30 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:49 pm

I WANT TO SAY HELLO,HI!
jenny30

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum