What is your weather/season like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What is your weather/season like?

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Today it is hotter than you can imagine! Now I think about all those days I cried about it being too cold! I closed all the windows in the house at 10 a.m., and I will open them again about 7 p.m., when I take the doggies for their walk. Last night the small of our two doggies layed in the ditch and just let Scooby and I walk for most of the first round. He would catch up after he rested and cooled down a bit! He likes my cellar! It is cool down there! It actually rained a few big rain drops for about 10 minutes, but that did not cool it off at all! We will have something to remember next winter, but that is no consollation to Carol, because she hates it when it is hot and she hates it when it is cold. I don't mind it either way as long as I can put on more clothes in the winter, and take enough off in the summer to be comfortable! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:05 pm

I have actually heard some fellows say that they love the hot weather when the young ladies have to take off more clothes to be comfortable! Actually there is a limit as to how many clothes you can take off and still be descent! On the otherhand you are limitless as to how many clothes you can pile on, but then after you are wearing so many clothes the weight could get you down, and then it gets a little harder to move if you are bundled up too much. Summer and winter I dress the same a shirt, shorts, teeshirt, and pants, but in the winter I do put on more than one shirt sometimes, and long underwear on rare occasions. If it is cold enough in the house I can wear up to 3 shirts! I also double sock in the winter! But when I sleep, winter or summer, I do as I always have, I take everything off except briefs and tee shirt. When I got to the Philippines in 2010 I only wore pants and tee shirt, socks and shoes of course! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:47 pm

It is still hot here but the humidity has dropped off so it is now beautiful outside. :) I`m setting up the annual Blues Festival now so this week I will be keeping a close eye on the weather. :geek:
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:29 am

Annual Blues Festival! I would love to see and hear that!!!! Would be fun. Sunday was our day that it stayed the hottest all day long. After cooling off in town it was still 102 degrees F.! I got home just in time to walk the doggies. I was worried that maybe the smaller doggie, Rand, the one I had in town with me, maybe didn't get enough water before we walked, but he was not an anxious to get water when we got back, so I guess he drank when I wasn't looking. He layed in the ditch a lot while Scooby and I were walking. The ditch has cool dirt in it, and then the tall rhye grass clumps made shade as well. Scooby kept walking. Last summer when it was hot and we were walking, Scooby would sit down, and tell me, "Just try to make me move!" No I never pushed him, but I would wait until he was ready to go, then we would go. It is still hot tonight, and my dark Hershey chocolate bar would not break when I tried, but only bent. I did not touch it with my fingers while I ate it, because it would have been all over my fingers! But it was still delicious! Anyway Rand sat out several times on our walk Sunday evening, but Monday he only sat in the ditch a couple of time, the same as tonight. They love to walk, and I have fun just watching them have such a good time. Lately I leave for our walk, hopefully at 7 p.m., but sometimes it takes me a while to get ready, get out of the house, and get to walking. As I am finishing the second round the sun is going down, but I can still see to get home. Once I get to the house, the house is dark inside. I walk as late as possible, and then only the first round it too hot! The second round is bareable, and the third round is pleasant. Soon I will have to start earlier to get back when I can still see the ground. Sometimes July can be hotter for us than August. Many times by the end of August it is getting cool at night, and sometimes even frosting. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:54 am

We have had a string of very hot days for what we are used to. It is 10 degrees cooler anytime here because of our elevation of 2800 feet! So when it has been over a hundred degrees in the valley, it has been in the 90s here. The heat doesn't bother me, but the kind of work I am doing digging in my cellar does make me hot, drink lots of water, and wipe the sweat off my face constantly to keep it out of my eyes and off my glasses. I would go without my glasses, but the rock chips do fly, and I don't want to have my eyes damaged!

We have had a long run of electric storms here lately with the lightening and thunder! It did start several fires, but they were easy to put out as things have been green here because of above average rain lately. The rain has just poured a couple of times here. It rained hard during the night, and is still raining, thundering and lightening! I can work under cover with the rain, but I don't want to carry any dirt out because of a slick steep trail when it is wet, and I don't want to get wet anyway! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:44 pm

We had a break in the temperature last week,helped us with the festival a lot. This morning was back to being hot and muggy. The humidex today hit 114f.
The show was our 18th and went very well.I was lucky to spend some time with friends that I have not seen for quite a while.This year we had a crew from L.A. filming a segment of a reality TV show on our site and a film crew working on a Blues documentary. It was a pretty busy week,I think I averaged a little more than 3 hours of sleep per night.
Smiley

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:54 pm

It has been raining again. It is rainy season here from Late of May until November or something like that. last night I went to the city proper after work and it happens that the rain is so heavy, so i stayed a little there.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:44 am

Yes, Crisi, if it is raining hard, it makes sense to stay under shelter until the rain eases up, rather than getting soaked and maybe sick from it. This Reservation and across the river is semi arrid, 10 to 12 inches precipitation a year, and much of it in snow. My Dad hated the snow because all he could see was more work and unpleasant coldness from it. I partially associated snow with play, so it was fun. We lived on the Coast, around Seattle area one winter season, 1980, and I loved the rain, because we didn't have much rain. I loved to walk in the rain. Walking in the rain with a sweetheart can be very romantic! But don't get wet and sick from it! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Storm of rain, thunder and lightning! 002reduced.jpg

Here are the clouds before the hard rain came! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Storm of rain, thunder and lightning! 003reduced.jpg

This is another picture of the black dark clouds before the hard rain, with our kids' house in the background. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum