Looking for friendship or soulmate

Moderator: youngj

Re: Looking for friendship or soulmate

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:54 pm

You are right, Crisi, it is better to suffer than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season. Yes, there are pleasures in sin, but the soul that sinneth shall surely die, so it is not worth it. I think many people through the ages have grappled with this conflict of right and wrong and how shall I choose. We don't want to choose according to our fleshly desires against God's will and be in trouble. We have to be careful also about wanting too badly for the fulfilment of the desires of our hearts, because God granted the Children of Israel the desires of their hearts, but He also sent leanness into their souls. So, not the way that I would choose, but the way the Lord would choose for me, and I need to accept His will for my life. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby wolfetone100 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Well i suppose we will just have to differ on what sin is then personally i dont think its gods will for a woman to stay with a man who beats her up and abuses her just because they are married people have been know to make mistakes in who they marry sadly they are not infallible. Given i am obliged to wait four years for a divorce before i can remarry there is nothing i can do about the matter again the laws of divorce were passed by the men and woman of the Irish government of which im pretty certain god is not a member. As i personally did my best to save my marraige and never cheated or abused my wife in any way i can go on in life with out guilt. To suggest that Glenda and i should not have a relationship until we both possese a bit of paper that says ' divorced ' on it just wont happen i'm afraid and for the holier than thou and judgemental among you i'm sure that makes us hellbound but i'm glad to say that i live in the real world and tend to leave philosophy to those you have the time for it my own idea is to be kind and decent to the people you meet and not judge them. It comes down to a simple thing as far as i'm concerned i love a woman very much she has had a hard time and deserves much better than what life has thrown at her she has dragged me out of sadness and depression and i want to spend the rest of my life taking care of her. If thats a sin and an offense to god or anyone else then maby i'm following the wrong brand of religon.
wolfetone100

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 pm

wolfetone100 wrote:Well i suppose we will just have to differ on what sin is then personally i dont think its gods will for a woman to stay with a man who beats her up and abuses her just because they are married people have been know to make mistakes in who they marry sadly they are not infallible. Given i am obliged to wait four years for a divorce before i can remarry there is nothing i can do about the matter again the laws of divorce were passed by the men and woman of the Irish government of which im pretty certain god is not a member. As i personally did my best to save my marraige and never cheated or abused my wife in any way i can go on in life with out guilt. To suggest that Glenda and i should not have a relationship until we both possese a bit of paper that says ' divorced ' on it just wont happen i'm afraid and for the holier than thou and judgemental among you i'm sure that makes us hellbound but i'm glad to say that i live in the real world and tend to leave philosophy to those you have the time for it my own idea is to be kind and decent to the people you meet and not judge them. It comes down to a simple thing as far as i'm concerned i love a woman very much she has had a hard time and deserves much better than what life has thrown at her she has dragged me out of sadness and depression and i want to spend the rest of my life taking care of her. If thats a sin and an offense to god or anyone else then maby i'm following the wrong brand of religon.

My sister Hazel was a battered wife. I really witness how her late husband treated her very badly. I saw him slap my sister's face back and fort. I do not know what to do at that time because i was in high school still. Their age gap was 20. I was staying in their house at that time to help my sister since she has a baby already and also to minimize expenses while i was studying. He even hardly give allowance to my sister while she was studying, since she got married at age 18 but my father was so against it and my parents brought my sister to Davao just to hide from her bf ( who become his husband). She has so many bruises and lot of wound from her husband. Since my sister converted into christianity ( she was catholic first then become baptist christian) then we went to the counselor (Pastor) and pray for the situation. Eventually, her husband changed heart and become good, of course no other 3rd party. Until my late brother in law died, i really witness how my sister Hazel took care of him until he died in bed due to complication and kidney problem.

What i am trying to say is that, it is good to be happy. Yes, it is the man who created man's law, but in I Corinthians that we must be law abiding citizen. I do respect your decision about the matter and I really do not know about your wife and what is going on. What i am trying to say is that we must have wise decision in all we do. We must have standard and not just human philosophy to follow. For, what is good is not good to all and what is right is not right to all. Therefore, goodness and bad things are relative. In this case, how can we know that it is absolute good and absolute right?

Here comes the GREEN light that we must follow.

1. What the Word of GOd says. Is it right for you to be married or to be together at this moment?
2. What the people around you are saying? Are they go for it? How about people who are watching your relationship? What can they tell? Is it good or bad?
3. Do you have peace in your heart as what you have decided? Peace of God?
4. Is this the leading of the Holy Spirit in your heart?

All these questions you and her can answer. You must weigh everything. I know it would be hard to be depress and sad. I experience that. God can take all our sadness and depression. It happens to all, it is universal. But we must not stay on it. We must move on. ask God for deliverance. Remember He is greater than our Hearts. I John ( I am not quite sure)

I always looking forward for your happiness. No against it. Infact that is my desire to all of you. What i am trying to say is that we will always make right choices which we wont regret in the future and start all over again. We deserve the best.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby red » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Crisi, you are right. Thanks for sharing and enlightenment but i think you dont know the situation of these people so i guess best leave them alone. They are mature and know whats right or wrong but its up to them. Peace.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby wolfetone100 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:20 pm

1. What the Word of GOd says. Is it right for you to be married or to be together at this moment?
Cant say that God has been in touch with me on the matter. As for whats in the bible or anyother holy text it really depends on how you interpret the matter. The human race have been killing each other since time began over what they interpret from religon. I kinda like the whole free will aspect myself.

2. What the people around you are saying? Are they go for it? How about people who are watching your relationship? What can they tell? Is it good or bad?
My friends and family are supportive of my relationship probably because they know that my ex wife made my life hell and that i'm happy with Gwen. As For Gwen's family the member i have met have been very nice and Red is her aunt so maby she can answer.

3. Do you have peace in your heart as what you have decided? Peace of God?
I have peace why wouldnt i? i am in a nice relationship with someone i care about love is a positive thing in my experiance.

4. Is this the leading of the Holy Spirit in your heart?
Dont know i havent given it much thought. Was staying with a woman who cheated and stole from me? or was gwen staying with a man who abused her? I think we have very different views on God and whats right and wrong. I belive in God and Jesus and I was raised a catholic i grew up in a country where people shot and bombed each other because of their religon so i'm afraid i dont have a black and white view on things a lot of stuff seems to be grey. And people who are fundemental about religon tend to be dangerous in my experiance.
wolfetone100

Postby Smiley » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Wolftone: I think that you and your lady friend could very well be better together than apart.I wish you luck and hope that all things work out well for you both.
Smiley

Postby wolfetone100 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Thank you smiley. i'll just have to put up with the bible bashers.
wolfetone100

Postby crisipicada » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:24 am

I am so happy that a friend of mine reconcile to his husband after a long time counseling and praying. Really, our hearts will be changed and realize what is the good thing to do only if we are persistent to have hope and God will answer our prayers. At least now, they are whole family now.
crisipicada

Postby crisipicada » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:29 am

crisipicada wrote:I am so happy that a friend of mine reconcile to his husband after a long time counseling and praying. Really, our hearts will be changed and realize what is the good thing to do only if we are persistent to have hope and God will answer our prayers. At least now, they are whole family now.

I came from a broken family. My parents got separated for 14 years. My late father was abusive, my mother also has emotion problem. My mother go away from the house to separate from my father. It has been my desire that they will reconcile. On August 2007 they reconcile. That was a long time prayer. We become complete again. Thanks GOd
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:39 am

Crisi, that is very good that your friend was reconciled to her husband, and that they are a whole family again. God will work these things out if we will allow him to. That is wonderful, Crisi, that your mother and father were reconciled also. They had their problems, and God allowed them to work those problems out, and get back together which is wonderful. This happened with my wife, Carol's sister and her husband also. It also happened with my Mom's Mom and Dad. My Mom loved her Dad, but she was pretty unhappy about what he did. She said he wanted to separate and put all the younger children, my Mom being one of them, in an orphanage! Mom called him a stinker! But he came back to the Lord not long before he died. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to Friends