Having a Relationship w/ Someone who Hates Commitment

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Having a Relationship w/ Someone who Hates Commitment

Postby chaychay644 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:32 am

There are many people, that even though they are in a serious relationship hates commitment. Especially if the involved persons are still young or in the middle of their career. Being with a person who does not want to commit is not easy, especially if you’ve learned to love that person.

Some may feel guilty & keep on asking themselves of “why their bf/gf hates to commit to them”. It would serve as a hanging questions on their mind thinking what they’ve done wrong. It may cause you, many sleepless nights trying to figure things out.

There are some reasons why people choose not to commit & it varies from one person to another. I still remember the movie of Anne Curtis & Aga Muhlach. It was Anne who does not want to commit for a reason that she hates responsibility & expectations. You know being checked from time to time, where she is & to whom she is with & she also has that notion in mind that her past failed relationship would happen again. In real life, these could also be the reason why your bf/gf does not want to commit.

If you really love the person, you will be patient & try to prove that you’re just right for him/her.

But, how long are you willing to wait?
chaychay644

Re: Having a Relationship w/ Someone who Hates Commitment

Postby ms.sin17 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:24 pm

I beLieve that if yOu are meant tO be then yOu are meant fOr each Other.. I think yOu must nOt wait fOr the persOn, there are LOts Of peOpLe arOund the wOrLd that wOrths yOu mOre. DO nOt just wait and wait.. What if there is nO hOpe aLready?? Are yOu still be willing tO wait and get LOneLy? Life is very shOrt, Leave the peOPLe whO are just wasting yOur time cause time is very preciOus.. MOve On and LOoK fOr yOur happiness in Life! If yOu are gOing tO wait then yOu might regret it cause yOu dO nOt knOw hOw LOng will yOu wait fOr that persOn and what if when yOu are abOut tO meet the persOn in yOur Life then he/she cant enter because yOu are fOcusing yOurseLf tO wait fOr that persOn? YOu have just LOse the chance tO be happy.. DOn`t Left yOurseLf hanging and hOping, we peOpLe deserves happiness in Life.. If yOu are gOing tO OpEn up yOur heart again tO sOmeOne new then yOu will gradually fall in LOve with that persOn and soon reaLize that he/she is mOre wOrthy fOr yOu than with the persOn yOu are waiting fOr.. DOnt keep yOurseLf waiting, put them intO the hands Of GOd.. EnjOy Life.. In the end, if yOu are really meant tO be then yOu are bOth fOr each Other..
Everything eLse that is happening in the earth is tempOrary, yOu cOnsider, everything that is gOing On is just Vanity. . .
ms.sin17

Postby crisipicada » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:26 pm

chaychay644 wrote:There are many people, that even though they are in a serious relationship hates commitment. Especially if the involved persons are still young or in the middle of their career. Being with a person who does not want to commit is not easy, especially if you’ve learned to love that person.

Some may feel guilty & keep on asking themselves of “why their bf/gf hates to commit to them”. It would serve as a hanging questions on their mind thinking what they’ve done wrong. It may cause you, many sleepless nights trying to figure things out.

There are some reasons why people choose not to commit & it varies from one person to another. I still remember the movie of Anne Curtis & Aga Muhlach. It was Anne who does not want to commit for a reason that she hates responsibility & expectations. You know being checked from time to time, where she is & to whom she is with & she also has that notion in mind that her past failed relationship would happen again. In real life, these could also be the reason why your bf/gf does not want to commit.

If you really love the person, you will be patient & try to prove that you’re just right for him/her.

Chay, how would you define serious relationship? Is it one-on-one relationship? How long a relationship that can be define as serious one? Many relationships have failed because of not defining the level of commitment. Some others treat it for fun and just to have an experience. If you look at the very big picture, relationship without commitment is very dangerous. Last week, just heard from television that on the wedding day, the man back out and leave the bride on the aisle. Can you imagine that scenario? Does anyone want to experience that? I believe we dont want to experience such painful experience.I believe that it is so hard to forget the memories that you had to someone you long to spend life with. Sometimes relationship without commitment ends with compromise. Others will say goodbye to his/her partner if they find someone else. I believe love waits, it waits for the right time and in the right thing. Now, i will ask you? ARe you happy having a relationship right now?Why others wanted to find friendship rather than have a one-on-one dating relationship? What are your motive of having a relationship? Is it for fun or because you are serious enough to find a life time partner? First of all we must evaluate ourselves what are the deep reasons behind decisions we make. Also, Chay, let's say you are serious to a man. In the end you broke up. YOu might ask, am i doing my best to be the right one? Okay you may say, yes i am. But how about the guy? Is he doing also effort as much as you do? Or ask yourselves: are you ready both? There are really deep reasons why these things are happening. So you ask? How long will i wait? For me,we have different time to wait. Now there are cases that you can easily detect if you are really mean for each other. One thing is you both grown up and ready emotionally, physically, spiritually. You have the same interest, likes and dislikes. For women, i do believe that it is a lot of work and struggles in marriage. You will devout you time to your partner and to the children. Make sure that we have to involve our family about our dating relationships, why? Because i still believe the old saying: "Mother/Fathers knows best.

Last Saturday, i watch the program "Failon Ngayun" or "Failon Now". THe story of a couple wherein the man is a handicapped. He is almost a beggar. His feet are small and he can't work as we are. He confessed that he has been praying that someday he will find a woman who is committed for a life time and will love him as who he is. HE added, there is no impossible in prayer. He cried and tears of joy and love flows in his cheeks on the weeding day. The good thing happened is that Ted Failon, the host of the ABS-CBN program become their sponsor. Did you know where their reception and honeymoon? Hmmmmmp, just in Shangrila hotel in Manila. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, thay are so blessed. Not only that, the program gave pangkabuhay "Livelihood" showcase, karenderia "restaurant" to start a business. Indeed, Chay, prayer is very important in a relationship. There is really special meant for you in the right time. :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Chas » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:02 am

crisipicada wrote:
Because i still believe the old saying: "Mother/Fathers knows best.

Not always - Some parents have ulterior motives wanting to keep a daughter single to look after them in their old age. Some fathers are over protective of their daughters and nobody can ever be good enough for them. My reaction when my daughter brings home her first boyfriend will be interesting :lol:

From the other perspective parents (and friends) have to be careful in criticising their child/friends relationship. Rationale thought disappears when you are in love. For example - the lady in love with a married man, believing his protestations that he will leave his wife, can resent the well intentioned advice of relatives and friends. Often all you can do is make your feelings known once, then be there for them when the inevitable crash occurs.
Chas

Postby purex » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:49 am

Chas wrote:
crisipicada wrote:
Because i still believe the old saying: "Mother/Fathers knows best.

Not always - Some parents have ulterior motives wanting to keep a daughter single to look after them in their old age. Some fathers are over protective of their daughters and nobody can ever be good enough for them. My reaction when my daughter brings home her first boyfriend will be interesting :lol:

From the other perspective parents (and friends) have to be careful in criticising their child/friends relationship. Rationale thought disappears when you are in love. For example - the lady in love with a married man, believing his protestations that he will leave his wife, can resent the well intentioned advice of relatives and friends. Often all you can do is make your feelings known once, then be there for them when the inevitable crash occurs.

You are right. many parents who really want their daughter or son to stay single because they support them.
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

Postby lovely » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:21 am

chaychay644 wrote:There are many people, that even though they are in a serious relationship hates commitment. Especially if the involved persons are still young or in the middle of their career. Being with a person who does not want to commit is not easy, especially if you’ve learned to love that person.

That is what we call, just for fun if you wont have commitment at all or just playing games, right? And it is not a good idea
lovely

Postby ms.sin17 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:14 am

It is nOt a good idea tO pLay the emOtiOn Of a persOn. We must reaLize first that if peOpLe wiLL dO sOmething bad tO us.. are we gOing tO be happy? Of cOurse nOt, right? sO we must think first if Our actiOns will have a gOod impaCt Or a baD impaCt tO Others befOre dOing anything.. :) It is nOt an easy thing tO be hurt.. YOu knOw that feeLing that Once yOur heart Learned tO faLL fOr that persOn it wOuLd nOt be easy tO fOrget.. Cause I Once heared that, whenever yOu are inLOve, are yOu thinking?? :roll: :oops:
Everything eLse that is happening in the earth is tempOrary, yOu cOnsider, everything that is gOing On is just Vanity. . .
ms.sin17

Postby crisipicada » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:29 am

ms.sin17 wrote:It is nOt a good idea tO pLay the emOtiOn Of a persOn. We must reaLize first that if peOpLe wiLL dO sOmething bad tO us.. are we gOing tO be happy? Of cOurse nOt, right? sO we must think first if Our actiOns will have a gOod impaCt Or a baD impaCt tO Others befOre dOing anything.. :) It is nOt an easy thing tO be hurt.. YOu knOw that feeLing that Once yOur heart Learned tO faLL fOr that persOn it wOuLd nOt be easy tO fOrget.. Cause I Once heared that, whenever yOu are inLOve, are yOu thinking?? :roll: :oops:

Relationship without commitment is plainly dangerous. And if you don't have commitment, the bottom line their and the very reason is that you don't want responsibility or afraid of it
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby ms.sin17 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:07 pm

crisipicada wrote:
ms.sin17 wrote:It is nOt a good idea tO pLay the emOtiOn Of a persOn. We must reaLize first that if peOpLe wiLL dO sOmething bad tO us.. are we gOing tO be happy? Of cOurse nOt, right? sO we must think first if Our actiOns will have a gOod impaCt Or a baD impaCt tO Others befOre dOing anything.. :) It is nOt an easy thing tO be hurt.. YOu knOw that feeLing that Once yOur heart Learned tO faLL fOr that persOn it wOuLd nOt be easy tO fOrget.. Cause I Once heared that, whenever yOu are inLOve, are yOu thinking?? :roll: :oops:

Relationship without commitment is plainly dangerous. And if you don't have commitment, the bottom line their and the very reason is that you don't want responsibility or afraid of it

Yes. That is true. But hat is the reasOn why peOpLe cOmmit reLatiOnshiP withOut cOmmiment? Are they trying tO waste sOmebOdy`s time? want sOmebOdy tO get hurt?? :roll: Ohh weLL, I dOnt waste my time On that. LOve the persOn whOm yOu reaLLy LOve and dOnt hurt sOmebOdys feeLings cause getting hurt is nOt easy.. :oops: Why tO cOmmit if yOu dOnt want respOnsibiLity Or afraid Of it? :roll: Let`s Live Our Life tO the fuLLest! COmmit if yOur inLOve! DOnt hide yOur respOnsibiLity!
ms.sin17

Postby stanley » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:26 pm

ms.sin17 wrote:
crisipicada wrote:

Yes. That is true. But what is the reasOn why peOpLe cOmmit reLatiOnshiP withOut cOmmiment? Are they trying tO waste sOmebOdy`s time? want sOmebOdy tO get hurt?? :roll: Ohh weLL, I dOnt waste my time On that. LOve the persOn whOm yOu reaLLy LOve and dOnt hurt sOmebOdys feeLings cause getting hurt is nOt easy.. :oops: Why cOmmit if yOu dOnt want respOnsibiLity Or are afraid Of it? :roll: Let`s Live Our Life tO the fuLLest! COmmit if yOur in LOve! DOnt hide yOur respOnsibiLity!

Wow, what a word, Ms.sin17. You are fabulous
stanley

Next

Return to General Forum