Sleeping

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Sleeping

Postby Edwin » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:42 am

Well, here I am again! 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning, and why did I wake up at this hour? This is getting to be a regular thing unfortuneately! After using the rock bar a lot my right hand is losing feeling, so maybe that is what woke me up, I don't know? Lifting my hands to use the key board does affect my right hand when I have been stressing it with hard labor, but it is much worse when I try to play the piano. When I stay up for a little while, then I am able to go back to bed and sleep. The problem is that when this happens I tend to sleep too late in the morning, but I have the alarm set, so that I will not sleep too late as this is Sunday morning, and I must be up fairly early getting ready for the day. I have a feeling that when I no longer need to work so hard I will be able to rest better. You would think that working so hard and walking for 2 & 1/2 hours would make me sleep like a log. Well, something to look forward to anyway! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:55 am

Well, this is getting to be a regular story of mine. Here it is almost 4 a.m., and I woke up about 3 a.m., wondering why I am not sleeping. I am working hard enough, so that I should be craving sleep. I will in the morning when it is time to actually get out of bed. But I have to haul hay for a horse in the morning, so I will need to get up! I am just about ready to craw back into bed, and I am sure I will be sleeping shortly. I have no trouble going to sleep, but lately it is staying asleep is where the problem is. Oh, well such is life! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:52 am

Okay, it is bedtime for me! Will I sleep until 3 a.m. or so and then wake up needing to get up for an hour or so? That is what I have been doing a lot lately. This morning my right had being numb woke me up. Too much stress on it lately, but soon that will change. Of course I have a lot of work to do before I get a rest and am able to get back to playing the piano. Not playing the piano is a sacrifice that I made to get my digging completed! I got up for a little while thinking that the numbness would leave so that I could crawl back into bed, but it came back as soon as I laid down, so I got Carol's blanket off her bed, went out into the living room and finished sleeping sitting in my chair. Sitting up my hand does not lose its feeling! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:55 am

Last night was a sleep success, mostly! I went to bed at my usual time and slept until 3:30 a.m. or so, and I woke up. But I thought if I was able to return to sleep quicky I would be better of than if I got up for an hour or so. I did manage to return to sleep shortly, so I felt pretty good about that. My hand kept the feeling/sensation through the night, so I didn't have to finish sleeping in the chair. I have lots of rock bar work to do, so that may change, but I will think positive! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Well, I slept good until about 5 a.m., and then my hand losing feeling woke me up! I got up for a few minutes to get the feeling back, then I went back to bed and asleep, and it woke me up again shortly, so I went out in the living room and slept in the chair, sitting up, and my hand doesn't lose feeling as long as I am sitting up, not using my hands. Typing causes me to lose feeling, but playing the piano is worse for causing me to lose feeling in my hand. I will be glad when I am finished using that rock bar for a while! I sat there and slept until Carol called at 8:30, and I should have been up by then anyway, but guess I was tired! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:33 am

Well, I can already tell you what my night's sleep will be like. I have to get up at 4 a.m. to get ready, got down the hill to pick up our granddaughter, and make the trip to Spokane, Washington where our other daughter lives so that we can pick up Carol. I'm not sure why, but she wants us to be there at 10 a.m. It might be because of the heat, because she does not like the heat in the summer, or the cold in the winter. I can deal with either or both of them. So I guess I had better brush my teeth and floss, and get to bed, and set my alarm, because it is a gamble whether or not I will wake up at that hour! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:09 am

This month, July, and sometimes August are our two hottest months of the year. When it does get hot in July it tends to stay hot all night long, and sometimes that makes it difficult to sleep! I have been sleeping without any covers on me for the last few nights. That is unusual for me, because I like covers! Often the first part of August we will get a rain, and then it will be cool to cold each night after that. The last part of August to the first part of September we can get frosts that will kill our garden plants. During August and September it can be very hot during the day time, and then it can get cool to cold at night. Cooling off, or even getting cold at night makes it easier to sleep well! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:13 am

It is just past 11 p.m. Friday evening here, but in the Philippines it is just past 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon. I will be brushing my teeth in just a few minutes and crawing into bed. Using the sledge hammer has stressed my back and my hand, so I am wondering if either one of them will allow me to sleep tonight? Well time will tell. I am pretty tired as I have been working really hard, but those hard working days are numbered! People also say it is time to hit the hay. I think the reason for that expression is that years ago many people did sleep in the hay! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 am

Well, I did manage to sleep pretty well. My hand did wake me up a couple of times during the night, and the last time went out and slept sitting up in my chair, and that way my hand keeps feeling. I was worried that maybe my back might keep me from sleeping, but it didn't bother me that way. It is sore from using that hammer, but I think it will be okay! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:54 am

Actually I did have a hard time sleeping well last night. My hand did better as I tried to go a little easier with the sledge hammer and the wedge, but the stress I put on my back the day before caught up with me. The problem is that I am using the wedge very low at almost feet level, so it makes me bend over too much to drive with the hammer, and then yesterday I was swinging the hammer to hard for my own good. My back is not out of place, but the muscles are just stressed, so last night I was not able to relax enough to sleep well. Oh well, it will get better! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum