Betrayed

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Betrayed

Postby Edwin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:32 am

crisipicada wrote:Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I know that it is hard to find a true friend and true friendship is tested in difficulties. When life is difficult, that is the time you will find the true one who will really stay forever even in hardships and difficulties. My father is so good to me even he is so strict to me but now i realize how much he cares for me. I still thinking about my late father and now i am what i am because he cares for me so much and give me instructions and teachings, too. I love you, Papa.

You are so right, Crisi, and I glad that you had such a wonderful papa, that is encouraged you in the right directions, giving you some very good guidance! It is so wonderful when we have good parents that we can love and appreciate whether they are still with us or not.

I had two of the most wonderful parents anyone could have, and they are both gone, but like with you, the things they taught, and their guidance lives on, and we love them! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby purex » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 am

crisipicada wrote:It was finally here - Anna's wedding day, the day she had dreamed about and planned for months. The small, picturesque church was crowded with friends and family. Sunlight poured through the stained-glass windows, and the gentle music of a stringed quartet filled the air. Anna walked down the aisle toward David. Joy surged within her. This was the moment for which she had waited so long. He gently took her hand, and they turned toward the altar.

But as the minister began to lead Anna and David through their vows, the unthinkable happened. A girl stood up in the middle of the congregation, walked quietly to the altar, and took David's other hand. Another girl approached and stood next to the first, followed by another. Soon, a chain of six girls stood by him as he repeated his vows to Anna.

Anna felt her lip beginning to quiver as tears welled up in her eyes. "Is this some kind of joke?" she whispered to David.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Anna, " he said, staring at the floor.
"Who are these girls, David? What is going on?" she gasped.
"They are girls from my past," he answered sadly. "Anna, they don't mean anything to me now... but I've given part of my heart to each of them."
"I thought your heart was mine," she siad.
"It is, it is, " he pleaded. "Everything that's left is yours."
A tear rolled Anna's cheek. Then she woke up.

J.H.

The dream of Anna was indeed a betrayal. Based on the storry consider the following questions:

1. How many men/women could line up on my wedding day?
2. How many times have i given my heart away in short-term relationships?
3. Will i have anything left to give my husband/wife?
4. Think about the girls/boys in your past. What if they showed up on your wedding day? What could they say in the receiving line? "Hello, dear. Those are the lofty promises you made at the altar today. I hope you're better at keeping promises now than you were when i knew you." Wow, don't you look nice in that tuxedo. And what a beautiful bride. Does she know about me? Have you told her all the sweet things you used to whisper in MY ear?

I have past relationship, too and as i look back it is full of regret. It didn't work because of other party. it always haunts on my mind and it seems i can not forget even i do my best to forget, it is because i was and is true to him. I know that God can forgive us for our shortterm relationship as others view it as a game of love that everyone plays. yes, i still believe that those men who did play, women too, feel the ache of having given away their hearts to the many women/men in their past.

Starting a wrong relationship will always end up a wrong relationship. Many of short term relationships in the pasts will teach us to start a committed relationship and not to give our hearts in many people. I cannot figure out many who dated short term relationships and then never learn and start a right one. Many relationships today are not really committed to build a life time relationship, thus, a lot of relationships end up with bitterness. That is sad about things happening. When will we learn?
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

Postby red » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:27 am

It does hurt when you know about your man's past at later time or when you are already tied up with him. If a woman wont believe what a man pleaded or lets say she knew before and didnt like it or cant accept it then I think best she find a virgin man or someone who has not to many relationships to avoid hurting.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:19 am

Betrayal is when a person pretends to be a friend and is not at all. It is kind of the same as hypocracy. The hypocrite is a play actor. Originally the hypocrite was an actor on stage, acting a part in a play. They act the part, but they are not the real person. Yes, Judas acted like he was Jesus' friend, but he was there to give Him away to His enemies for 30 pieces of silver. There are people who pretend to be your friend, but they will do you harm for who knows what reason? And then there are the true blue people who will be loyal to you no matter what the circumstances are. Jesus expects us to be loyal to Him, and loyal to each other. The ones who deny Jesus before men are the ones who are ashamed of Jesus and His cause, and they Betray Him. Jesus is looking for people who will be true to Him, and true to each other also! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby purex » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:33 pm

red wrote:It does hurt when you know about your man's past at later time or when you are already tied up with him. If a woman wont believe what a man pleaded or lets say she knew before and didnt like it or cant accept it then I think best she find a virgin man or someone who has not to many relationships to avoid hurting.

yes, that is good advice, red.
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

Postby Smiley » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:26 pm

I believe in honesty and full disclosure.I will not hide my past and I would not want a woman that I was entering into a relationship with to conceal her past from me. You cannot change your past but you can learn from it.If somebody is too hung up and judgmental about your past maybe they don`t deserve to be in your future.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:49 pm

You are correct Smiley about honesty and full disclosure being the best policy. Any person getting to know us needs to know us, and our past. You are right about not being able to do anything about the past. It is what it is. It is very good when people can learn from their past. Some of those are hard lessons, but better learned late than never. Better learned from other people's mistakes if possible. That is why we have the Old Testament for examples for us of people who did what they were supposed to do, and examples of people who did what they should not have done. Some people never learn, but it is good when we can learn! If all the cards are on the table so to speak then there are no unpleasant surprises later! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:33 am

I say watch out for those that keep talking about their past relationship. Some people cant forget or they are having hang ups on their past gf/bf wife/hhsband and often choose those that they think have similarities of their past. They dont really want you or love you as you are. They just want to revive that past love they had. Beware of those frustrated pathetic freak.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes, Red, I have heard that often times people separate, get divorced, and then get remarried choosing someone with similar problems that they had with their ex husband/wife. They choose similar problems again. I think it is good to be honest and open about the past, but I also agree with you Red, that it is not good to talk a lot about the past relationships. No one wants to continually hear about the dead husband/wife. Let them rest in peace! :lol: :lol: Also if you are trying to get them to measure up to a past person, you might as well forget that, because everyone is different, and thank the Lord for that! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:15 am

red wrote:I say watch out for those that keep talking about their past relationship. Some people cant forget or they are having hang ups on their past gf/bf wife/hhsband and often choose those that they think have similarities of their past. They dont really want you or love you as you are. They just want to revive that past love they had. Beware of those frustrated pathetic freak.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, Red. But at this point all I can say is that that person still have emotional baggage. If they share that to you, that means, they just really need someone to talk to and be an outlet of their feelings.

The best thing to respond the situation is, to accept what they have been through and encourage them to move on and tell them that there is something better in the future. It is best to encourage them about the promises of God. God allow all those things for a reason. Or it could be a lesson for us for our disobedience to God.

Despite of that, we still have loving Father who really care for us, and always gives us what is BEST for us, if only we allow Him to work in our lives. That is why if the person's life is not going good or bad at all, we cannot judge the person's lives. There is always reason behind every situation. Only if we think positive and move forward. One lesson that we get is that God is preparing us to be strong for another challenge in life. What a great life combined with many problems and happiness, after all we will appreciate and understand WHY these things happen with a reason/reasons. :D :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum