Relatives from USA

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Relatives from USA

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:31 pm

My First Cousin, Caset Mission-Radan (maiden name) got married to a white guy from California, USA. While I was in Manila at my aunts house (her mom) stayed for over three months while applying for work ( September 2006-December 2006), I learn that she got married. They met in Santo Thomas University, where my cousin working at Mathematics Department, since she is graduate of BS Mathematics Major in Computer Programming.

Her husband is a biology teacher in California. He choose to marry my cousin while his parents wanted him to pursue Doctor in Medicine. And now, her husband is chairman in the biology department in California. I just want to share their photos just while they visit Manila this month, August 2012.
Last edited by crisipicada on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: Relatives from USA

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:39 pm

My cousin, Caset is as age as my sister Hazel, 39 years old now. She is tall with the height of almost 5'10". I am so glad to share their photos and happy that they have a happy family.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:01 am

She is tall by filipina standards, and actually tall also measured against the women in my family, one 4 feet 10 inches, the other a little taller than that, my mother was short, and my wife is also. Crisi, these are nice pictures of nice looking people. You are right the mixture of people from the philippines and Americans make a nice mix, and produce beautiful people. We have some of them in our family; my nephew's kids, and a cousin of mine. He is the son of my mother's first cousin from identical twins, and his filipina wife. Thanks for sharing these pictures, Crisi! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:07 am

Yes, she is tall, because my aunt (sis of my late father) is tall and my uncle is almost 6 footer. They have almost the same height. It is because my father has blood of Spanish. My late father is the shortest of them sis and brod. He was 5'8". I am so sad that I am short, actually. My two younger brothers are 5'8"(youngest) and 5'9" (next to me).
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 pm

It is kind of funny because my older sister is shorter than you are, Crisi! She thinks her growth was stunted from having to work so hard when she was a kid, but I don't know. I don't think she likes being short either. My parents were both short. My mother's siblings were some of them short and some of them taller. My Dad was the shortest one in his family. My grandparents were tall people, all except my grandmother's father was short, so we have some throw backs that take after grandparents and great grandparents. A lot of the Mexicans in our area are short, but they are mostly the Indian Native people of Mexico, whereas I think the Spanish people in Mexico are taller. I was taller than my Dad before I was hardly grown up. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Edwin wrote:It is kind of funny because my older sister is shorter than you are, Crisi! She thinks her growth was stunted from having to work so hard when she was a kid, but I don't know. I don't think she likes being short either. My parents were both short. My mother's siblings were some of them short and some of them taller. My Dad was the shortest one in his family. My grandparents were tall people, all except my grandmother's father was short, so we have some throw backs that take after grandparents and great grandparents. A lot of the Mexicans in our area are short, but they are mostly the Indian Native people of Mexico, whereas I think the Spanish people in Mexico are taller. I was taller than my Dad before I was hardly grown up. :D :D :D :D

Wow, I cannot imagine that she is shorter than me as a filipina. I am small because I was premature, only 7 months when my mother give birth to me. And also, I have had a lot of responsibility when I was stayed with my late father when they become separated to my mother.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 pm

Yes, Crisi, I always thought that she was short because some of our family has short genes. Mom and Dad were short, and several of my Mom's siblings were short, but most of the grandparents were tall. My short sister told our daughter that she had to carry heavy buckets of feed to the pigs/hogs, when she thought she was too young to be doing that, and she thinks it strunted her growth. When I was in the 1st grade she was taller than me, but not much after that! Being premature and hard work would probably both have an effect.
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:21 pm

I am happy to see the photos of my cousins. They are so big now. While I was in Manila applying for work, my aunt always call them. They were still baby at that time, way back 6 years ago.
crisipicada

Postby wayne208 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:51 pm

My Mom is about 5'2" tall .. All of My Sisters are taller then Her . My Tallest Sister is Only 5'5" .. But My Dad was almost 6' tall and Height runs in his family .. Most of My Girls Cousins on my Dads Side are on the Average 5' 8" tall .. Me I am a Little over 5'9" tall .. Short for My Dad's side of the Family . But Taller then Most of My Cousins on My Mom's side of the Family .. My Brother is almost 6' tall .. So Yes Crisi I know what it is Like to Be Short .. I hope everyone here Had a Great Day with God watching over them :D
Thank You Crisi for the Nice Pictures . Edwin You are so Right the Indian People of Mexico are Shorter on the average .. Then The Spanish People of Mexico
wayne208

Postby Edwin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:14 pm

God made all of us different; some of us short, and some of us tall. The rumor years ago was that the children were progressively getting taller than their parents, but that was not really true in your family. My Dad and Mom's generation were short people, but my grandfather's and my generation were tall people, except for one short sister, and another very short sister. It is funny the way it works! I am happy with the way I am, but my very short sister wishes she were taller! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Return to General Forum