Temperature Problems

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Temperature Problems

Postby Edwin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:39 pm

I did finally get all my digging finished in my cellar. I was aiming for August 1st, but I finished on August 7th. The work was too hard, and I just did that best I could, and that will work anyway. Earlier in the summer it was actually cold here, but I was pleanty warm while I was working. I kept thinking, "What am I going to do when it really does get hot, and how can I work at this. It actually was not too bad even when it was really hot, because it was cool in the cellar until late in the afternoon when the sun shown in with no shade. I was okay. I just took lots of very short breaks to wipe the sweat off my face, get drinks, and use the bathroom, and the only effect was that I was so tired that I couldn't stay awake while I was driving. I fell asleep once right on main street in town, and I ended up in the turn lane, but our youngest daughter knew that I was not turning, so she woke me up! Then she got so she would drive for me if she thought I was sleepy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:07 pm

It is another very hot day again, but we are supposed to have a cooling trend, so that will feel good when it comes. We are supposed to have chances of rain, and possible thurnder storms as well, so that will cool things off a bit. This is the last half of one of our hottest days of the year, so when September comes it will definately be cooler, and fall will be here with the anticipation of winter and freezing weather and snow! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Today was a cooler day. Carol said it was still too hot for her to walk to get the mail, so I did that for her, but by comparison it was not nearly as hot as it has been. The heat really doesn't bother me at all, but it does feel good to have it a little cooler after being so hot for so long! The neighbor stopped to talk with me on the road while I was walking my doggies, and he commented that it felt like fall, and yes it does, and I think we are ready for that! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Today, it is very high temperature. It has been so hot since Monday. The problem now is how to water the plants especially the rice field.

I heard the news that this month, it is so strange that there are 3 typhoons that hit the Philippines area of responsibility. Although, part of the Luzon area are affected, here in Bukidnon, the weather is good, though sometimes it is very high, and sometimes there is heavy rain.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:44 am

Do you have a system to put water on the rice field when it is dry? Some in this country do ditch irrigation. Some use ditches to irrigate their gardens. I guess some use flood irrigation some times. Some have a drip system to irrigate. Some use sprinklers, but sprinklers are not very efficient unless you have a lot of water, because so much of it evaporates before it hits the ground. We have been promised rain, but we have not had any rain. It is actually cold tonight for a change. Carol closed the sliding door, saying she was cold, and that is a switch for her, as she has been very hot lately. The heat bothers her. But then the cold bothers her too. Earlier in the summer it rained so hard that I had to carry out buckets of water before I could dig! It was not hard though. We have had such a long spell of very hot weather with no rain, that the ground is getting very dry. The neighbors don't want any rain until they finish cutting their wheat! Then it can rain anytime after that! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum