MOVIE FREAK

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MOVIE FREAK

Postby Edwin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:30 am

Yes, Red, our youngest daughter picked that one because she said it was short, and I maybe wouldn't fall asleep, which I didn't. Those stooges are kind of crazy, and it is fun watching their insanity! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:31 am

I was watching Kung Fu Panda 2 with my daughters. Can learn chinese philosopies in it which is very important in real life. Has good lessons on that cartoon movie. Also Mulan cartoon movie. One time i took my eldest to Taekwando class. She said " mommy i cant do this". I said dont give up its just first try here you'll love it later. She said " mommy i like princesses". I thought she isnt like me shes so girly. :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Our 18 year old granddaughter watches movies that we would not watch. Sometimes when we are there watching with her, she will get up and stop the movie, and put another in because she knows that we would not approve. She was watching "Big Bang Theory" today. There is a lot of good humor in those episodes, but there is too much preoccupation with sex, and some material in the episodes that is not good. She did stop one of them because they were going to show something she knew we would not like. The "Hunger Games" just came out, and all the younger people are running wild to the stores to buy them. Our grandson got one off Amazon before it was actually supposed to be out! Our granddaughter got one today, and I don't even know what it is all about. I think I prefer the ones that Carol likes to watch, especially the romantic ones! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:13 am

I am waiting the Hunger Games movie. I saw the Avengers two weeks ago with my hubby. It was nice. Now i am going to watch The Big Year.
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:10 pm

I have not heard of the movie "The Big Year." It is a good movie, huh? We haven't been watching any movies for a quite a while now. Carol sometimes watches a movie while I am gone walking the doggies. I am gone walking between 2 and 2 & 1/2 hours, so I am gone a long time. The doggies love to walk, but if I miss walking which sometimes I have to, like we will miss at least 4 days of walking because of other things happening. When we walk again my big doggie, Scooby has to examine everything, smell of everything, and pee on most things until he has none left and then he still tries, so when that happens it takes a long time to walk! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:57 pm

There is a kind of fun movie that I like to watch, and it is "Two Brothers and a Bride." I don't like all parts of the movie, and some of it encourages behavior that I don't approve of, but it is entertaining. These two brothers and their mother operate a vegetable farm/sales enterprise. The mother dies, and they can't stand their own cooking any more after she is gone! So, they go on this tour trip to Russia to find a bride. It is quite humorous, and one of the brothers gets his bride. He brings her to his home, and she cooks his favorite pet gold fish! My wife, Carol, will not watch the movie with me, because she does not like the personality of the older brother, but it is fun to watch it! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi Sir Ed, the big year movie is about Birding. Three people compete one another to get the highest score. Jack Black, Owen Wlson and Steve Martin are in this movie. Cool and funny.
Finally watching Hunger Games now. Im not sure if i will like it. Will see later.
red

Postby Edwin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Red, I love Steve Martin's humor! Some of his acting is over the top with stuff that is not good to watch, but I have seen some of his stuff that I love also. I like some acting he did with John Candy! Yes, our granddaughter had to have "The Hunger Games," and I don't know if it is good or not, and you can tell me after you watch it a while. Carol is staying at our youngest daughter's house while she and our granddaughter are going to California for a visit with some of their friends. She had them explain and show her the way their television/DVD/VCR players worked before they left, so I think she is planning to watch some of their movies while she is there. They will be gone about 10 days, and I will be alone here, but it is just an hour's drive down there, so I will be going there periodically! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 pm

When I came in for supper Carol was watching "Three Men and a Baby." I watched the end of it with her, and then we watched "Disorderly," that has Jerry Lewis acting in it. I think anyone would enjoy watching that movie. It is full of crazy ness, and it is beyond reality of things that would be apt to happen. Some of the crazy things would happen, but it was a steady string of crazy things happening, and it was very fun to watch. It was also a movie about love as well, and if you want to laugh watch that movie! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:40 pm

Our kids from out of town left the series of "The Waltons," and it has been fun watching some of those old episodes. Tonight Carol was not in the mood for watching another one of them, so I ate in here by my computer and did this. Then Carol wanted on the internet, so I played the piano for a time. That works well, she plays on the internet and I play the piano, and I play on the internet and she either reads books or listens to her music, usually Ray Charles or the Gaither's gospel music. :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum