What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby Edwin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:06 pm

This experience yesterday brought back memories of a year ago, when I was led to believe that I might have cancer, which I didn't. I don't think I have cancer now either, but the concern is there. From the dr.'s point of view he wants to make sure it is not cancer. He is just doing his job. I am not even entertaining that thought, but if my PSA is not down I will at least have to have that biopsy. Then there is the possible need for another TURP looming over my head, but my symptoms are not hard to live with, not much different than any time before, so I can just go on living, but they want to make sure nothing is badly wrong with me, and that is important. After maybe 30 minutes of depression over the latest results, I snapped out of it, and we had a wonderful day in Wenathee, Washington, which for us is not like going to Spokane or Seattle, but it is a big town compared to our little town, and it is somewhat like going to the big city! Our youngest daughter and her daughter we with me. Carol stayed home with our twin who came from Spokane to do the chores for her twin sister. Her twin is burned at me, mad at me, so she won't ask me to do the chore, and that is ok as I have done enough barn chores in my younger days to last me the rest of my life. I was doing chores when she was a little kid, and was following me around, doing whatever I would give her to do, and she was very ambitious, and happy to help, and those were fun days! Well, our daughter got some very reasonable clothes there, and I got a bread machine for very little money, which is a Black and Decker, like new, and should work well. I got 2 church hymn/song books for a very reasonable amount of money, and a beautiful old table cloth for Carol. Then we went to get a 3 month's supply of groceries, ate at Windy's, which is a restaurant where they play Christian music, and then we came home, having had a very good day. Every since we found out that place plays Christian music we have been eating there when we are in that town, and they have very good food also. I have been eating a fruit, lettuce, chicken, and almond salad there which is so good! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 am

Yesterday I went down the hill to be with our daughter and two granddaughters on the younger one's 14th birthday! She wanted a Chinese soup for her birthday, so that is what we got her. It was fun to celebrate with her. Then we drove all taking care of business. I got some new parts for the front brakes on our car. When I got home I started pulling the wheels, and old brake parts off the front of the car. Then I went for my 2 hour, 6.5 mile walk with the doggies. After getting back I ate some supper, and I started working on those brakes. By 1 a.m. I had the new brake parts, calipers, rotors, and brake pads back on the car. I was pretty tired, but crawled into bed quickly after 1:00 a.m. Then this morning we went down to get supplies for building the block walls in the cellar, mini basement. We then came home after eating at KFC, and rested a few minutes after unloading things. We then went over to my brother's house, and borrowed a cement mixer from him. It was fun to visit with them for a short time. My sister-in-law gave us what they were tired of eating. My brother and I are not fond of pasta, but he ate some, and then for supper tonight I ate some! I am tired tonight, and it has been a good productive couple of days, and now I am going to go to bed and get some sleep. Tomorrow I am going to bleed the air out of the brake lines on the car with Carol's help, and put the tires back on, and the car will be ready to roll! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 am

After lonnnngggggg wait I finally had my medical exam at St. Lukes and interview at USEM successfully!!!! :D
My advice for those that are aspiring for going to US, be ready ahead of the documents dont learn from me who likes to do things on last minute, ha ha ... It helps alot if you are polite and corteous and wear smile always. I had 4 vaccines,,,,it hurt a bit. Before i went to medical i got paranoid of TB, so i went for check up to a doctor and had x-ray. It was negative. I took all the advices from friends. Glad it all went well there at st. lukes. The nurse was talking about IUD contraceptive she was asking me about it...only so i wont be grumpy of the vaccine hurt effect. At embassy, make the documents in order should you are required to bring some. Makes the Filipina reviewer happy. In my case i was not ask to take any documents because everything was provided ahead by my hubby to NVC. What I securely bring was our photos from meeting first time until we have kids.The consul asked where did me and hubby first known each other I said thru Jaderune. She said "oh not famous huh"..I brought a photo album there and it was appreciated by the Filipina who review my papers. At consul officer, wow i had some tense there. But I kept smiling and greeted him and he smiled back...gladly he asked me basic bio questions and about my husband.
Before going to USEM, eat plenty because it isnt allowed to go out buy food nor bring food and dont bring cellphones.
So when the officer told me im done I was murmuring thank you Lord repeatedly. And surprisingly the hunger was gone.

America here we come! we'll see if we get along... :lol:
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby crisipicada » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:26 pm

red wrote:After lonnnngggggg wait I finally had my medical exam at St. Lukes and interview at USEM successfully!!!! :D
My advice for those that are aspiring for going to US, be ready ahead of the documents dont learn from me who likes to do things on last minute, ha ha ... It helps alot if you are polite and corteous and wear smile always. I had 4 vaccines,,,,it hurt a bit. Before i went to medical i got paranoid of TB, so i went for check up to a doctor and had x-ray. It was negative. I took all the advices from friends. Glad it all went well there at st. lukes. The nurse was talking about IUD contraceptive she was asking me about it...only so i wont be grumpy of the vaccine hurt effect. At embassy, make the documents in order should you are required to bring some. Makes the Filipina reviewer happy. In my case i was not ask to take any documents because everything was provided ahead by my hubby to NVC. What I securely bring was our photos from meeting first time until we have kids.The consul asked where did me and hubby first known each other I said thru Jaderune. She said "oh not famous huh"..I brought a photo album there and it was appreciated by the Filipina who review my papers. At consul officer, wow i had some tense there. But I kept smiling and greeted him and he smiled back...gladly he asked me basic bio questions and about my husband.
Before going to USEM, eat plenty because it isnt allowed to go out buy food nor bring food and dont bring cellphones.
So when the officer told me im done I was murmuring thank you Lord repeatedly. And surprisingly the hunger was gone.

America here we come! we'll see if we get along... :lol:

Congratulations, Red. i hope and pray that you will be with your husband and with your kids soon. I hope that you are doing fine and all your desire at heart wil be granted.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks for sharing your story with us, Red. It is a familiar one, as I have read lots of stories like that on visajourney. I read it just for fun, and then I got busy and couldn't afford the time to read it anymore, but it is a good place for anyone going through the process that you have been going through, Red, and they are very helpful to answer questions and give you advice; maybe more advice than you want! hahahaha Of course we always need advice whether we want it or not! I am glad that it went so well for you, Red, and we hope and pray that your future will be bright as travel to American to fulfill your dreams. :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:28 am

Thanks Crisi and Sir Ed. I been following visajourney lots of info there. Now me and hubby thinking which port of entry to go. I like new york so i can see the statue of liberty. He wants seattle so we can meet some of his siblings. Anyway, im glad now paper works done. God is good all the time He is with us on this journey.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Yes, Red, not all the stories are happy ones. Many of them say we were denied, or they want more information, and other similar unhappy notes. Again congratulations! In our area we end up at the Spokane International Airport often as our kids live just a few miles from there. It is not extremely large and a user friendly Airport. Seattle is good. I have flown out of Seattle to Chicago, Illinois, and I had no trouble navigating. The have rail type cars that take you to the appropriate gate. When my friends and I flew out to the Philippines from Seattle in 2010 we misread the ticket numbers and thought those numbers were gate numbers, so we got on the wrong rail cars, but we rode a full round and realized that we must be on the wrong one when our gate numbers never appeared. Then we got on the correct one, and found our way quickly. My friend's filipina was mad at her husband and me both over that, because he took advice from a woman who didn't know what she was talking about, and he turned to me and said, "is this the right one?" I said, "yes," but it was the wrong one. It didn't matter because we were plenty early anyway, and she got over being mad quickly! :D :D

Seattle is a good one. New York might be okay too, but I know our daughter cried, because New York was so big, and she was leaving home for the first time, and it all seemed confusing to her, as well as being big enough that she has trouble getting to where she needed to go. I think you will be fine either way, and that is a hard decision wanting to meet the siblings, and also wanting to see the sights! That makes for a difficult decision! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:48 am

One thing we will consider sir ed is cheap fare haha!
Delta airlines according to my hubby is cheaper and they have always flights available to NY. Then there go to Charlotte NC. Probably the route will go instead of seatle.
Had my girls vaccinated today. Made my baby girl cried. Ready to watch a comedy movie title The Big Year.
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Red, I have heard that you can get a discount as an immigrant such as yourself taking your first flight to the USA. Some of the airlines offer a huge discount to first time immigrant flyers from what I understand. I think I saw this informtion on visajourney.com, so you might want to ask about that, and you might save a quite a bit of money by using that discount. Ask the people on visajourney.com, and someone there will know about that.

We had a very good time yesterday going to the Okanogan County Fair. We didn't get there until lunch time as our granddaughter had to have her TB test (skin) read. She also had to turn in a background check, and her application for college. When we got to the fair we ate first thing. I had a nocho supreme that had lots of stuff on it as well as lots of corn chips. It was really good. The kids were ready to eat again at 5 p.m., but Carol and I were not hungry, so we ate just an ear of corn. We looked at lots of exhibits, and animals. Then we listened to live performed music which was fun. Then we got some icecream cones from the Omak Fire Department, that was selling the icecream to raise money for the department. The icecream was top quality, the price was reasonable, and they gave huge helpings! We listened to a group of people perform that we knew very well, but we had not heard them perform before, so that was fun. The music was jazz/blues styles, with guitars, drums, sax, flute, and clarinet. The music was very lively with strong beats. They were trying to get people to dance, but they could only get kids to dance! Our granddaughter went with a good friend of her's to look at his pig with him. We already saw his pig, but she wanted to get into the pen with that pig as it was a pet. The kid told her the pig was bacon, and it really upset our granddaughter, and she wanted to take the pig home with her to keep it from becoming bacon! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:20 am

Hi, Everyone. Just got back. I have had training on ropemanship last week and so I was busy. I was out of work then. I receive a bureau order to be in that training. It was a lot of fun and exciting and so interesting.

We do rappelling, rescue, and some lashing or ropes. It refreshed my skills about the different techniques to use the rope.

on that training, I was the victim, it is quite embarrassing because they make fun of me. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D And also I met my classmates batch 2006 from region 10. The participants were all female fire personnel around Bukidnon from batch 2007 down. We were 40's participants and really enjoy it.

We stayed in the hotel in the Cagayan De Oro city after our day session. We eat late at 7 or almost 8pm in the evening and the training we rigid.

I am thankful to the Lord for the success and no body got injured.
Last edited by crisipicada on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum