Are You Discouraged?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Are You Discouraged?

Postby Edwin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:51 am

There is an old chorus that goes, "Are we down hearted, no, no, no," and as usual I can't remember the rest of it. God does not want us to be discouraged. There are many reasons for feeling/being discourged. It could be our cirmcumstances. We don't have enough money to live on. We have had a financial crisis, and we don't know how to solve it. We can't find a job when we need to. We don't have enough money to buy groceries. We have legal troubles and maybe even troubles with the law. We can feel discouraged because we are not well. Maybe we have some physical problem that won't go away. We are sick for some reason. Maybe we have mental and or emotional problems. Maybe we have troubles with other people that are not our fault at all. Some people have to take anti depression medication. People who don't have the problems and don't need the medication often don't understand the people who do. Why do we need to be depressed and take the medications?

God does not want us to be discouraged or depressed. If we keep our mind fixed on the Lord He has promised to keep us in perfect peace. Some things we can do is eat correctly, get our exercise, and get our rest. The lack of exercise will cause you to lack energy, and then you will feel badly. If you are not eating correctly you will not feel well. If you do not get your rest your attitude. emotions, and outlook on life will be affected. Just think about how sometimes when you have gone short on rest you can begin to feel despondant. We need to trust in the Lord to help us no matter what is the source of our discouragement! :D :D
Edwin

Re: Are You Discouraged?

Postby purex » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:42 am

Me and you or all of us encounter discouragement. Some people focus on it and some people just pass it by.

It depends on how you handle discouragement. Some people look at discouragement as an instrument to push through or be an encouragement to them.

Some people stop when they discourage. Which ever person you are, there are times that life could be so hard.

As my father said, the world is round. Maybe today or at the moment we are at the bottom but in due time we will be at the top. Consider the life's trials will always make us mature in the right time.

be encouraged all the time despite discouragement.
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

Postby red » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:18 am

I think its normal reaction to be discouraged sometime. Just dont linger it for long. Counter it to positive thinking and you will see the good later.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Smiley » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 pm

I get very discouraged sometimes.I don`t dwell on it though. I call that "stinkin thinkin". If you spend your time looking for the bad in people you will find it.If you spend all of your time looking for reasons that the word is a lousey,unfair place you will find that too.
Instead of all that crap,why not just look for the good that you can do.Nothing too big,just day to day stuff that makes something better than when you found it.Do something to make a sad ,lonely person less sad and lonely.
If I do stuff like that,everything else comes into focus. Try it. ;)
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 pm

You are right about everyone being discouraged at times. But, not focusing on it too long is good. David the Psalmist encouraged himself in the Lord. He had every reason to be discouraged, and had a lot of things against him, but he found encouragement in the Lord. Circumstances often play a part in discouragement. I have heard that sometimes it stems from a chemical imbalance. We can realize that we have eternal life, and Jesus is our Savior. He will see us through all our troubles. "This world is not our home, we are just passin' through, our treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue...." and that's all of that I can remember for now. Our citizenship is in heaven. We are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Many of the things we give so much importance to here will not even matter in eternity with God! :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum