How will you know if a person truly loves you?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: How will you know if a person truly loves you?

Postby crisipicada » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Well, giving time, having concern, wanted to help you when you are in need, wants to know what are your desires in life. I believe that true genuine love is that someone who really listen to your heartaches, show compassion and will always give you positive encouragement and always point you to trust the Lord. What a wonderful relationship when someone is so loving and having concern with you. And also will love you in return because love begets love.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Yes, I agree being willing to sacrifice time for you is definately a sign. When you have heartaches it helps if someone will listen to you and do what they can to help. Showing compasion, caring, giving encouragement, and pointing someone to the Lord as the helper shows love. :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:36 am

You know if a person truly loves you coz despite your ugly character he of she will stay and love you no matter what. True love accepts you as you are. Not of what you have.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:29 pm

If he gives you Chocolate candy, huh? No, I'm just kidding. You are right Red, that is unconditional love when your marriage partner will love you no matter what. Thinking we are going to change someone into what we want is usually a mistake. They often don't change. Staying with us no matter what is important, give security to our love. True love does not love the person for what that person has. True love accepts that person for what the person is, and will love forever no matter what. :D :D
Edwin

Postby m&m » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:33 am

Be very careful when you say to someone you love them.

It is important to listen to the Holy Spirit. There are times that relationship wont always in the right tract. For the reason of misunderstanding, but when everything will be work out then, that is okay. There are times, that it is testing time. It is up to you to stay or to leave.

To love someone is willing to wait and to wait for the right time.

TO love someone is willing to sacrifice, for to sacrifice is the essence of love.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Edwin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:18 pm

You are right, Crisi, that it is important to be careful when you tell someone that you love them. It is possible to get their hopes up, and if there is not a certain amount of sincerity, then it can make for a big let down. When you tell someone that you love them, you are ready to commit, and it is not like, "I love you" today, but tomorrow, "I don't care." When a person that you love them, you should be ready to stay with them, not love them and leave them! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:02 am

Edwin wrote:When a person that you love them, you should be ready to stay with them, not love them and leave them! :D :D

That is good to know about loving someone, sir Edwin. yes, to love someone, is to stay with him and not leave him.Love is eternal. Also we must commanded to love someone even it is hard to show them love. That is the difference about Christianity.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:25 pm

You are right, Crisi, about the world having a completely different definition of love. The world will not love someone who is unlovely. The world will not love someone when they don't get love in return. I don't think many in the world understand the difference between love and sex. Worldly people talk about making love, when in reality, they don't even know what it means. As Christians we love even when someone is mean to us. Love is eternal and self sacrificing. :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:32 am

Love wont do harm to someone he loved but always desire to love him no matter what. Someone who will stick to you in good or bad. What a wonderful love could be to have someone to be with.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Yes, Crisi, love no matter what, and that is the true test of love. Love will do no harm according to I Corinthians 13! Someone who loves you will stick with you through the good and the bad, and it doesn't matter. Someone joking said that they agreed "for better or for worse," but they said that it got worse than that! :lol: It is wonderful to have someone with you. I had a relative who said that he knew for one thing for sure that his wife would not leave him, because his wife was from a country where there was no divorce. Sad to say she did leave him once she got to be an American citizen, and divorced him, and married one of her classmates from her country and brought him to this country. Now her first husband is dead. She didn't take good care of him, but bailed out on him when he needed her. That was not love. Now I think she has to live with the guilt of knowing that she did that to him. :(
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum