My Bathroom

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

My Bathroom

Postby Edwin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:02 pm

You are all interested in my bathroom, right? Well, here goes. This double wide that we are living in was a dump when we first saw it, and first moved it here! Our kids told us they almost walked away and told us it was in too bad shape to be worth it, but I paid very little to buy it, then paid a lot to move it, set it up, get electricity to it, have the pads poured to sit it on, and put in the septic system, and I am no doubt forgetting something. Anyway we lived in this place the first winter with broken windows, plastic and curtains hanging over them, and front door that let all the cold air in, and you couldn't open and close it. Carol's brother from the Philippines refused to stay all night with us here that first year because he said that it depressed him to see how we were living! Well, by now we have replaced all the windows, renewed one bedroom, replaced both doors, redid the livingroom diningroom, and completely redid Carol's bathroom. We finally got water to the kitchen sink and the dishwasher. We have been carrying water from there to the toilets. My son-in-law who lives here near us is helping me put up concrete cinder block walls in my cellar, then we will put the water system, pressure tank, hot water heater and pump down there, as well as anything that we want to keep cool in the summer and warm in the winter. We are very close to having the entire house plummed for water, except having the set up in the cellar, which is not quite finished yet, and also except for my bathroom.

My daughter who lives 3 & 1/2 hours from us helped me take out the delaplicated sink from my bathroom. Since they went home I have taken out the toilet, pulled up the old lenolium off the floor, and taken out all the old rotten wood on the floor that got water damaged before we owned this place. Half the wood was bad, and I pulled it up, and half was still good. Tomorrow I will see if I can find enough wafer/chip board 5/8ths inch, so that I can repair that floor. I will cut blocks to put where the floor seams are for added sturdiness,and then repair all the floor, after which I will need to buy at least 2 4 x 8 sheets of 5/8ths inch wafer/chip board to put a second layer on the floor like I have been doing in the rest of this house. Then I will fill the screw holes with concrete, sand them down after they dry and put new linolium on the floor. I have an old bath tub that I brought from where we used to live that I am going to put in the bathroom, set a new toilet all in a row, and I will have a really nice new bathroom! :D :D
Edwin

Re: My Bathroom

Postby red » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:28 am

hi sir ed, can ya show us a pic? hehe
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:37 pm

I just got back from walking the doggies the 6.5 miles, and shortly I will eat a late breakfast afterwhich I will get back to work on my bathroom. When I got back Carol was over visiting and having coffee with our daughter, and now she is here to fix some breakfast. I took a bunch of pictures, and after Carol puts them on this computer I will post some of them. I have been walking the doggies in the morning lately so that I will be here in case my son-in-law needs me to help him with the block laying project in the cellar. Otherwise I will just work on my bathroom. It is nice to finally be working on my bathroom. It seemed almost overwhelming, but that is the way I thought about renewing Carol's bathroom, and it went okay; just a lot of work, which doesn't hurt me. Putting water all through the house is what prompted me to do this. I didn't want water hooked up to the old junky stuff in my bathroom, with the toilet falling through the floor, and the broken up bathtub removed when we first moved in here. Our daughter out of town told me the sooner I get it done the better, and she helped get me started by helping me remove the old scratched up sink and cabinet, so now this project is on its way! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:31 am

029Reduced.jpg

In this picture I had already removed the broken bathtub (plastic) several years ago, and was storing water in its place. I have remove the toilet, and everything else in the bathroom. I hooked the new sink on the wall. Now the only thing I could do in my bathroom is use the sink with a pan or bucket under it to catch the water, but there is so little I can do now in my bathroom that I have stopped using it altogether!
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:46 am

027Reduced.jpg

Where the toilet used to be I pulled the rotten water damaged floor up. Now I have repaired that floor, and I have the second layer floor on all except for less than a square yard. I have to buy another sheet of 5/8 inch chip board before I can finish. I had enough materials here to do all but that small section. We are going to town for Carol's doctor's appointment Wednesday, and I will put a sheet on top the car and bring it home to finish it. I have a nice old bathtub outside our house for a tub and shower, and I have a very nice toilet I am going to dig out of my reefer trailer. I will get some linolium, and my kids are going to help me put some green boards on the wall, and then will have a very nice bathroom! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:52 am

042Reduced.jpg

This is the first room in the house that we renewed, even before Carol's bathroom! It is now a very nice room!
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:00 am

041Reduced.jpg

I renewed Carol's bathroom a couple of years ago. I took a picture of her toilet and shower, but she told me that picture didn't turn out, so here is a picture of her bathroom sink. It is a very nice bathroom!
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:10 am

035Reduced.jpg

We have done a little cosmetic work on the kitchen; painting, cutting our and sewing curtains for the cupboards, and I think it looks beautiful, don't you? You can't imagine what a dump this place was when we moved in here, but now it is really pretty nice, I think anyway, and it feels like home. You can sit an relax and have wonderful thoughts, or play the piano, watch movies, or listen to Bill and Gloria Gaither's music. We have it good actually!
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 am

037Reduced.jpg

I renewed the floor in our living/dining room, put a glass slider, new front door, and it is a very nice room, don't you think?
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:23 am

033Reduced.jpg

This is our dining room, but we don't eat there. We eat sitting in our easy chairs, or at the computer! Renewing my bathroom made a disaster of the whole house, as I carried stuff out of my bathroom and put it everywhere!
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum