What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby mystic » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Today.... what an intense day. During the morning I read a piece of Josef Caro's Maggid Meisharim. It's a diary of the encounters of a famous Rabbi with an angel, who always tells him what he has to do and how to behave. Then, I worked till night to the performance of the first time of a small symphony for strings and solo violin that I wrote back in '95. I feel really exhausted, but the tzigane violin is learning his part :D

Ah, and in the afternoon I went to the bathroom, and saw out of the window a really cute deer. Well, that's very unusual around here, but it seems that more animals start to populate the sparse wood. I'll attach some images that I shot with my cell phone.

IMG0066A.jpg

IMG0063A.jpg
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks for the pictures, mystic! They say a picture is worth a 1000 words! To see animals that you usually don't see, and get to take pictures of them is nice. When Carol's brother and his filipina wife came to see us a number of years ago where we lived in the mountains, we were out driving and a bear came through, and boy did they get excited because they don't see many bears in the Philippines where they were from. For us it was everyday, and like, oh yes there is another bear. We saw many of them every summer. Some years there were more bears where we lived than other summers. It just depended on what their food supply was like at the higher elevations. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Today I got up fairly early did my shaving, face washing and so on. Then I ate some breakfast, after which I went out and loaded the garbage in my pickup truck. Then I drove to town and our youngest daughter and I loaded her extra garbage, mostly leaves, branches, and bark; some really full, heavy bags. Then we made our run to the garbage dump. Then we went and got 2 tons of alfalfa and grass hay for her, and her daughter's horse. I then went to a building supply store and got more supplies for my cellar and water plumbing work I am doing. I then went to another store and got 52 more cinder, concrete blocks 8 by 8 by 16, and came home with a fairly heavy load. I was too busy today to eat, so I was hungry for supper! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:39 pm

I`ve been working pretty hard lately.The restaurant equipment business has been slow for awhile but this last few weeks has been crazy,leaving little time for other things on my agenda.
I believe that I have mentioned in the past that I have a side-business as an internet affiliate marketer.A few weeks back my web host was hacked and a load of sites,including mine were down for quite a while.My online income is almost down to zero.Tonight I`m at the keyboard rebuilding what I have lost,probably going to be at it most of tomorrow too.I should be able to soon be back,better and stronger than before.I suspect that a couple of months from now I will likely consider this whole setback to really be a blessing in disguise.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here,ours is a little earlier here than in the US to reflect the earlier onset of fall weather in most of Canada compared to most of the US.I plan to catch up on my sleep,improve my online presence,and eat way too much turkey!
Hope you folks all have a good day too.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:24 am

Smiley, you writing about Canadian Thanksgiving reminded me of 1965, I think it was, they had a Billy Graham Crusade in Vancouver, B. C., Canada, and Billy Graham was not there, but Cliff Barrows was the man who was taking Billy Graham's place at that Crusade. It was Canadian Thanksgiving when that took place, and I sang in the Billy Graham Crusade Choir. Pretty neat, huh? A number of the Bible College students were singing in that Choir, and I was one of them! It was a lot of fun, and I will never forget that experience.

This day we went to town fairly early because today is our youngest daughter's day to get her daughter. She and her first husband, father of her two beautiful daughters are in an ugly and ongoing battle, and she has visiting rights every other Sunday from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. We had pizzas for lunch and hamburgers for supper. We watched two movies about a National Musium where everything in the musium comes to life at night. It was kind of funny, but I slept through a lot of both of them! We watched another movie about 2 police officers who were detectives working on a case to bring a money crook to justice. It really had too much violence and bad language in it to suit me. The humor was not really funny either but, very stupid as these to police officers fought with each other, and others during the movie. It was not my kind of movie to enjoy. We did have fun with the kids though. :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:35 am

Smiley wrote:I believe that I have mentioned in the past that I have a side-business as an internet affiliate marketer.A few weeks back my web host was hacked and a load of sites,including mine were down for quite a while.

Wow, if it would have happened to me, I would have been there unrestful, to fix things :P
I have been a site admin in the past, and on two occasions I was there right when a hacker was entering the server. I have even battled in realtime to neutralize the things he was uploading before he could further compromise the server. And of course I learned well that the only "safe computer" is an unplugged computer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uh... should I unplug my brain too? :D

I would be very curious to know about your affiliate business. I always wondered how people can make money online :shock:
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby wayne208 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:59 pm

I had a Nice day here in California .. The weather was around 80 degrees and Sunny . I did a lot of walking around the Malls as I took a Personal Day Off from work .. Even though I had to go to work to get about 15 minutes of Paperwork Done it was still a Great Day ... By the way Have I told You Guys How much I dislike Paperwork ?? I ended up the day lying by the pool and getting caught up on My Emails . Have a Great day Tomorrow everyone And May God Bless us All .
wayne208

Postby Edwin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Fairly early this morning my son-in-law and I went to work laying blocks for the block wall in the cellar. We had a good day and got a lot accomplished. We carried more mortor sacks down there. They are 80 pounds per bag! We also carried a quite a few concrete block down as well. We laid blocks until we were doing the last one in the dark. It was my son-in-law's day off from his work, and we only took a short break to eat lunch. I think we are going to have to hang a light because is is almost dark as soon as he gets home from work, and we need to get it finished somehow! But, we will make it! :D :D
Edwin

Postby wayne208 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:25 pm

I had a Great Day today .. I got My work done and then had to take some Paperwork to One of My Doctors .. It was around 78 degrees today and sunny ..But I did not make it to the Pool .. i Like sitting around the Pool and Just Visiting with My Friends ....I use to Live on the Coast and go to the Beach All the Time .. :D.. I Liked walking on the beach and Looking for Sea Shells..
wayne208

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:51 pm

I got up fairly early this morning and walked my doggies. Then when I came back we had bacan, bagals, yogart, and milk.

I sat in my chair and slept for a while, and I guess I was tired! Then I went under our house and cleaned up bits and pieces of insulation that my son-in-law pulled down while pulling pex water tubing in. I found a quite a bit of dog food also which I will clean and feed to one of the doggies.

I then cut a few pieces of wafer/chip board and finished my bathroom floor. Then I spread concrete in all the screw holes and the crackes where the boards came together making a seam. I am now wondering how long it will take for it to cure so that I can sand it down smoothly and evenly. I wished I would have done that last night, but I was too tired to want to work, so I didn't! :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum