I wonder how someone actually thought that this would work

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: I wonder how someone actually thought that this would work

Postby wayne208 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:35 am

Sniley .. This Is Bad News .. But not Surprising to Me at Least .. I was hopeful that it { The Peace Agreement } Would work .. But I had My Doubts . :( I Hope everyone stays safe .
wayne208

Postby Edwin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Peace agreements don't work for people who don't want peace! Those people acheive their goals by terrorizing innocent people. Sometimes I think those peace talks and peace agreements are just a trick to get people to relax, and then while they are relaxed the enemy strikes. The only thing that makes sense to terrorists is force. :o :o
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:06 pm

FYI, there was an agreement already made by MILF leader and the President yestrday. It made lots of muslims happy. Yeheyyy! Praise God! God bless Mindanao. Just wondering though why the PM of Malaysia involved in this aside of giving aide. Hmm whats the core agenda baby?
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby red » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm

FYI, there was an agreement already made by MILF leader and the President yestrday. It made lots of muslims happy. Yeheyyy! Praise God! God bless Mindanao. Just wondering though why the PM of Malaysia involved in this aside of giving aide. Hmm whats the core agenda baby?
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby wayne208 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Yes it made the Muslims Happy .. But what about The Christians who live their ?? May God watch Over Them ..I also wonder what A Leader from another Country Would want?
wayne208

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 pm

"Just wondering though why the PM of Malaysia involved in this aside of giving aide. Hmm whats the core agenda baby?" Quote by Red

That is very suspicious, isn't it? It would make a person wonder if there is some kind of conquest that is hoped for. Do you know what the effects of this agree are. What position does that leave the Christians in. Are the Christians still protected in this? There are a lot of things about this that I don't understand. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Chas » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 am

Though I believe Malaysia did lay claim to some islands in the area in the past, I am not aware that the Malaysian PM had any interest apart from trying to bring peace to the area and support the Muslim delegation in the negotiations.

The peace deal is only an outline agreement and the negotiations on the detail might yet fail. Let us pray they do not and all parties can live in peace and the region gets much needed investment.

The situation has similarities with the situation in Northern Ireland where a peace deal has been brokered and joint rule between Catholics and Protestants is succeeding despite many obstacles. Not all Catholic terrorist groups have committed to the Peace Deal and shootings still take place, but the overwhelming wish of the mass of the population is to co-exist peacefully and get on with their lives.

I understand that in Malaysia Sharia Law and ordinary secular law exist side by side. If you are Muslim you get tried by Sharia Law and other religions by secular law. My knowledge of how this is working is minimal, but I have not read of problems. I suspect Malaysia has a lot to bring to the negotiations.

Examples exist of where peace has succeeded aided by good will from all sides. Let us be optimistic that the deal brokered in Southern Mindanao will also be a success and the welfare of the ordinary people improves.
Chas

Postby Edwin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi Chas! Its good to see you here! It has always been difficult for me to understand why two Christian groups would want to fight each other and even kill each other. That has been going on for many years though. We have a little bit of that history right here. I am certainly not anti Catholic as some of my close relatives were strong Catholics and good Christians at the same time. That part of the family, they are my age and older, and they are all dead now from old age and sickness. My cousin who was my age should still be alive, but she died while watering the horses. Anyway the Catholics have moved in in several countries, claiming the people for the church. Mexico and the Philippines are two examples, and I am sure there are more. The Catholics came in an claimed the Native American Indian people for their religion. They established missions various places on Indian Reservations. The have had some problems over the years being accused of cruelty and sexual abuse, and the church has had to pay damages. We actually get along well with the Catholics around here. Many of them are Catholics and not necessarily Christians, but many of them are Christians as well as Catholics.

I hope and pray that things will settle down in the Southern Mindanao area. I know the Muslims are wanting to call the area a Muslim state, but I hope that would not happen, and it should not happen with so many Catholics and Christians in the area. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:35 pm

History tells us that the entire region was Muslin once upon a time. The dominant MILF group(not that kind of milf :( ),Is,at its core,mostly interested in the rights of the muslims in Mindanao.I don`t respect many of their methods though.The Abu Sayaff group and the Bangsamoro group are not so much interested in decent treatment of anybody,they just have their panties in a knot and will tantrum as long as they are able to.They hate the idea of peacefull co-existence more than I hate rap music.They are funded through Al Qaeda and exist primarily to express mindless hatred of the infidels.Hey! Thats us :o
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:02 am

The mindless hatred expressed against us is bad. It is sad when people lack feelings for other people to the point that they don't mind hurting other people and damaging property. You are correct that peaceful co-existence will not be desired by these people. They need to be subject to the laws of decency that protects all people, so that the Christians can worship God as they wish and live in peace. :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum