MAINTENANCE NOTICE

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MAINTENANCE NOTICE

Postby lyrehc » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:10 am

mystic wrote:Forum rules have been updated today again. Another 170 users were purged, as they were identified as spammers.

For the first time, all private messages (PMs) of the already purged spam users have been deleted. They were about 15,000.

Now, an hourly trigger deletes at once the accounts of new subscribers who are identified as spammers and send unsolicited PMs.

you have done a good job mystic thank you.......
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby Edwin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:47 am

I agree with lyrehc, mystic, that you are doing a great job of cleaning up this place and making it safer for all of us. The bad people have had free reign here too long, and now they are going bye, bye! Wonderful news, and the forum will work better than ever for us all! :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 am

You might have received a PM from a recent subscriber, lucinee (from Africa). He has spammed the other members with the same message, sending over 500 PMs in a short time, until we caught him and terminated his account yesterday. So, if you received an email and log in, but don't find the message, his PMs were all deleted.

We have ready the code to moderate even PMs. But unless we get many spammers sending PMs, I would not activate it. It's not really amusing to read personal emails.

The new registrations are becoming stable at 1-3 per day. In the last days, no casuality passed the new antispam filters.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby mystic » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Today there were temporary connection problems with the site. But they lasted only very little and were not caused by the forum. The other domains on the server were using 100% of the CPU with their applications.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 pm

mystic wrote:You might have received a PM from a recent subscriber, lucinee (from Africa). He has spammed the other members with the same message, sending over 500 PMs in a short time, until we caught him and terminated his account yesterday. So, if you received an email and log in, but don't find the message, his PMs were all deleted.

We have ready the code to moderate even PMs. But unless we get many spammers sending PMs, I would not activate it. It's not really amusing to read personal emails.

The new registrations are becoming stable at 1-3 per day. In the last days, no casuality passed the new antispam filters.

Thank you so much, mystic, for what you are doing to keep this site up and going. These trouble makers have had a free reign for too long a time. They pretend to be a young woman when in reality they are sometimes men, and they always, I think, have the scheme in their minds to commit fraud against who ever will respond to them, by cheating them out of a lot of money. Thanks, mystic!
Edwin

Postby mystic » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:46 am

mmmmmmmm.... I noticed a drop in women posting on the forum. Maybe I should change my picture into a female shape :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mystic

Postby Edwin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Yes, mystic, that might help! Actually I think our latest heckler with all of his bad things he was writing had a demorizing effect on everyone. I'm not sure I understand what caused him to have such a terrible attitude, and made him so ready to say bad things about people. Well, I hope he stays away if he is not going to be nice! :D :D
Edwin

Postby lyrehc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 am

I think i have a problem in my area sometime it says server not found...i find it hard to enter jaderune and sometimes when i read forum same thing says my server i think is not that strong here or i dont know whats wrong....before i never have a hard time entering jaderune but now its difficult, can anyone help me here please..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby mystic » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 am

Indeed, the jaderune server is much more responsive now. But sometimes I notice that other user domains on the same server eat up all the CPU power. So, there are random interruptions. The good is that they last usually just for seconds.

I suggest, when you get an error (I just got a server 500 error at login, tried one second later again and it worked) that you hit CTRL+F5 to force the browser to reload the page. You can try a couple of times, then wait a minute and try again if the thing is bad.

Some keyboard shortcuts you can use:

F5: general refresh (but could use the cache and continue giving you the same error)
CTRL+R: as F5, but tries not to use the cache, unless the page loads too slow
CTRL+F5: can only reload the page or give an error; this is the surest way

Server problems can sum to your connection problems. So, that's more complicate to troubleshoot.
mystic

Postby Edwin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 am

lyrehc wrote:I think i have a problem in my area sometime it says server not found...i find it hard to enter jaderune and sometimes when i read forum same thing says my server i think is not that strong here or i dont know whats wrong....before i never have a hard time entering jaderune but now its difficult, can anyone help me here please..... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes, lyrehc, when this trouble first started we had trouble getting on for a lengthy period of time, and I wrote Sir Michael an email to find out what the problem was. He told me that it was the spammers that were causing the troubles. He worked on it to try to keep it working. mystic has jumped in and found some solutions for us, and that is great. I lost a few posts that I was writing during that time, so I got started to right clicking on my post after I had written it, then I would chose select all, after which I would click copy, and then I would Submit. I am still doing that out of habit, and that way if anything goes wrong I just simply have to get it up again, right click, paste, and submit, and then I don't lose any of my posts that I write before they are posted. lyrehc, if I have trouble I am going to follow mystic's advice for making it work. But lately for me it has been working fine. Any time lately it has failed, it has only been momentary. Thanks to mystic! :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum