Home Alone

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Home Alone

Postby Edwin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:59 pm

You are correct, Crisi! God saw that it was not good for the man to be alone, so he created the woman. When we kids were growing up, still in elementary school, Mom and Dad would go to mid week church service and leave us kids at home. There were three of us younger kids, so we were not alone, but it was not as much fun to be there without Mom and Dad, as to have them with us. I wasn't badly frightened, but I was a little scared without them. I had barn chores, taking care of cows and horses when I will a little kid, and it frightened me to go to the barn after dark. I would run to the barn and turn every light on as fast as I could, and then look in all the dark corners to make sure there was nothing there that might hurt me. It is not fun to be alone! Everyone needs someone or someones with them! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Well, I am home alone again, but for this time I am not alone very long. Carol went with our daughter to the spinning/knitting guild today, and our youngest daughter will pick her up, and then she will stay with her and her kids until tomorrow evening, and then after I finish my work day I will go down the hill to town and get her. The ox is in the ditch, so I am working with my son-in-law to try to get things winterized as quickly as possible. So I am working on Sunday which I don't like to do, but it is one of the few days that our son-in-law can help us, and We are missing church, and I don't like that either. When I have a project going and I am doing my own work, I do not work on Sunday, and going to church is very important! :D :D

Carol informed me that she had not done any cooking ahead for me while she is gone, so it is peanut butter, honey and milk, peanut butter honey and milk, and cooked oatmeal in the morning of course! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby mystic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 pm

I used to hate being alone. I still don't like it but... it depends on the perspective you are looking at it. Maybe we are never really alone.

I usually don't like too much noise, too much chattering. My music teacher was used to say: if you don't have a really good reason to break silence, don't break it. And that's true. If it's not something important, is it worth saying it? Maybe there can be other ways and means beyond verbal communication alone.

Sometimes, I need some silence moments. It does not mean necessarily to be away from other people. I enjoy the presence, indeed. I enjoy listening to silence as much as I enjoy listening a person talking. Silence is so full of things... and can help us go into listening mode.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 am

Yes, silence is an important part of the music. My last round of being alone was so short that I hardly even realized that I was alone. Carol stayed down town to be with the kids after she went to the spinning/knitting guild gathering. I can't remember now what I ate, but I think it was peanut butter and honey for lunch and supper. Then I cooked oatmeal for breakfast then didn't have time to eat it, so I ate it for lunch, and then I went down to town a little early as we ran out of mortor for laying the blocks. I also loaded up 30 concrete blocks. When I got to our youngest daughter's house, I ate a hamburger that she made, and her hamburgers are always good. Then Carol came home with me, and my son-in-law and I worked until about 2 or 3 a.m., and I have been tired ever since! :roll: :lol:

If you are comfortable being with another person and being silent, there is nothing wrong with that. Some people chatter, or talk all the time because they are nervous. I love to talk, but if I have nothing to say, I might be silent. Small talk is fun to, or talk that doesn't really mean anything, or might even be silly or goofy!

Just to have someone you care about in your presense is rewarding, and you don't feel alone. :D :D
Edwin

Postby erwin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 am

Long distance relationship is hard. How can someone keep a relationship despite being far from each other?
erwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 am

Love has no bounds, not time, not distance! Some of the people on here can probably answer your question on that erwin, better than I. I just observe, but never been involved in that. One couple who posts on visa journey has a picture of them kissing through a partition. The partition represents the distance they are from each other, but their relationship is just as real as if they were with each other, only I think it would be more satisfying to be right with each other, and really be able to kiss each other, hold hands, hug, and so forth and so on. I think modern technology allows for communication not realized before. At one time it was only letter writing that was possible, and that letter went on a slow boat to China, so to speak! Now we have emails, chat, video chat, cell phones, and maybe more, so people can actually get a pretty good idea of what the other person is all about, and especially if people are honest with each other. So, others in long distance relationships chime in and let us know how it is? :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:01 am

When you feel the hardness of the relationship because of the distance, it means you are already are in a relationship.

Try to break it. If it does not hurt, it means it was not real. If it hurts... maybe you have to agree it was a real relationship.

Unless the difficulty to keep it is because everytime you walk in town you find a new fiancee and change your mind at every temptation, I don't see a problem in developing it. It all depends on one's commitment and how much one is true to him/herself and God.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:29 am

I read visa journey sometimes just for the fun of it. I got interested in that from a video that I found in the library that I thought was a comedy because of its title, but when I watched it I found that it was not a comedy at all, but very serious. I read visa journey a lot last year, but then I got busy, distracted, and I hardly even looked at it for a few months, and now I read it sometimes for fun. It is like drama, and sometimes it is comedy, only to the people involved there is nothing funny about it. They are in relationships, and most of them are trying to get their marriage partner or fiance/fiance' to the USA. If they are married for 2 years or more they go with what is called the IR1, and if married less than 2 years they go with the CR1. The IR1 has more privileges than the CR1, and the either one of the two of them have more privileges than the fiance/fiance' visa. Red has been through that as well as ChayChay, and they know what it means to have a lover that you can't see for months because of red tape, or a husband or wife that you can't be with because your paper work has not been processed yet. Then sometimes they have health problems, mainly TB in the Philippines, and there is a huge delay while they are going through treatment before they can qualify to immigrate. Then sometimes they make mistakes on the paper work, or they don't furnish enough information, and the get what is call RFE, which is request for evidence, and then they have to answer questions or give more proof that they qualify. Then sometimes the couple is separated and each is questioned separately to ascertain if they are really telling the truth! With these people you can read stories on visa journey about the pain that they suffer because of the separation in their relationship during the approval process. They feel often it is unfair, and sometimes in rare occasions the separation is so painful, so lengthy, and so discouraging, that some give up. There are also stories of scandles that take place, and one partner misleading the other, deceiving the other with their intentions, and even cheating on their partners. But most do remain true, and it all works out. :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum