How to gain a filipina's heart?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: How to gain a filipina's heart?

Postby Edwin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Yes, purex, communication is very important. It is good to be able to talk with each other! Being understanding is also very important. To be understanding and caring goes a long way. Being there for the other person, and having a listening heart makes for a joyful life. We need strength for our daily lives to be able to face all the problems and challenges that come. We need the patience, but we don't want the tribulation that brings patience. Being sensitive to a person's heart's desires and needs makes for a happy relationship! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:10 am

I am like a traditional filipina. Courting is like giving flowers especially red roses, cards, chocolates. I like surprises, too. It is important for a filipina to have a listening heart, just someone to talk and talk, someone you can confide with. Well, still depends on the type of person. Usually, those who live in province are very traditional. Love to hear someone who sing for me using guitar. :D :D :D :D That would be great and heartening.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 am

I have heard that filipinas who live in the province are more traditionally than some who live in the larger cities. Some very simple pleasures often are the sweetest! I remember once I played a song, and I can't remember that song that well now, but I knew it at the time. It was something about sit under the apple tree with nobody but me. I played that for my mother, and I think it was a very old song for some reason she loved that song. I remember one neighbor we had that grew the most beautiful roses! When I was a teenager I would get at the piano with my sister-in-law, and she would play the blues and jazz as well as some other very old music and I would play my trombone, and we would have more fun than you could imagine! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Guys, when a filipina woman learn to love you, then she will always love you no matter what. There are times that a woman you want to know more is often feeling bad or not responding to you but it means that she is careful with her heart. She might feel bad about the past relationship, and so when she learn to love you then I do believe that it is forever. Just be patient and try to be understanding. Developing friendship is one thing to take care of her heart. Do not be in a hurry but keep it slowly. No need to rush. I know that there are some who are really wanted the answer as soon as posible if the woman love him too. Sometimes, if you are rush with the things, it end up bitter.

Filipinas are not hard to love. In fact, they are the one who can easily be loved. Do not worry a lot but keep the faith. Sometimes, time is the most important. Wait, for it is the greatest test of love, being patient. :D :D :D :D :D :D
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:44 am

Good things come to those who wait, huh? Wait on the Lord and He will renew your strength, and you will mount up as eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint!" Don't forget the chocolates candies, the flowers, the soft romantic music, the candle lit dinners, the perfumes, but be careful with that one! :lol: :lol: Pay attention to little things, huh? Be kind, be gentle, be loving, huh? :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 am

When one wants a committment with a foreigner, there are two options: you can do things according to your own culture, or you can try to do according to the foreigner's culture. In the first case, you will need to give a lot of explanations, but eventually you will be appreciated for your intentions once they are properly known. I find it good also because the other can have a sip into my own culture and touch first hand if she likes it. It also promotes the knowledge of each other. The second way leads to easier appreciation, because you are showing interest for the culture of the other and trying to please her. You still might do things wrong, but it will just be a funny and amusing time.

To give an example, if I had to chose a flower, I would use the language of flowers as we know it in my country. So, I would never give red roses, unless I am engaged with a person, because it means passion. It would be like saying: "I desire you. Drink your champagne, and let's en up in effusions".
Instead, I would give white roses, because I would like to tell the girl: "You are pure and the most precious thing. I cannot dare to touch you".

Once I gave blue roses, which supposedly means mystery, something undeclared that we would like to other to know, or imagine. The girl took it very wrong, because she thought the blue color meant that she is cold and I was telling her that she was an ice block :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That needed a looooooooot of explanations.

Well, here we have a saying: "Not all doughnuts come out with a hole", meaning that not all come out perfect. Also, I don't know what flowers one can find in the Philippines. So, I guess the male people here have to adjust :D
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:52 am

Culture is very important whether it is my culture, your culture, or the foreigner's culture. Just as you said, mystic, you can easily offend my not understanding culture. You can get into trouble because of what you don't know about culture. It makes people feel good when you attempt to learn their culture, and also sends a message that you care about them. We have all heard the saying, "A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing." Well, my friend who is married to the filiipina has learned a few things in Tagolog sp?, Anyway he was using this one phrase on the filipino people he was meeting and greeting, and his wife told him that he really shouldn't be saying that because it was not very nice. Well, I never did know what it meant because I was not told. I guess it was that bad! Probably not, but just not complimentary! :roll: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:03 am

This coming Valentines day two days from now, I would suggest that those who have love life or to their filipina wife or girlfriend, it is important to send flowers and chocolates. Some like to receive teddy bear or anything special. This is one way to develop more your relationship and become more sweeter.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Yes, Crisi, one more day for you and all in the Philippines until Valentine's Day, but two more days for us here in the USA because of the time and date difference! I have many fond memories of Valentine's Day! When I was a little boy our classes had us make, or buy and sign Valentine's Day cards for all the other little boys and girls in our classes. I still remember thinking thoughts of love for the girls in my class at school on Valentine's Day, and then sending them to both sexes, but valuing the ones sent to my little girl friends! i had special feelings for some of them and especially on Valentine's Day!

Then when I was in middle school, junior high, and high school I went to several Valentine's Banquets. Sometimes I sat by a young lady and enjoyed her company, and sometimes I was just in the company of all the others my age, just enjoying the occasion, the eating, and the entertainment. It was fun also to get the little sugar candies with the love quotes on them, such as I love you, I want to kiss you, I want to hug you, and other such!

I will agree with you Crisi, because I was given a teddy bear when I was either one or two years old. I must have been two because I still remember getting that teddy bear and playing with him on a large round chopping block for firewood. The bear was jet black and white with brown eyes! I played with that bear for years until he was pretty ragged! I still love bears and other stuffed animals, and I have about 14 of them above my bed! I got most of them at a recycling center where I worked for 10 years. That was not my only job, but for much of the year I was responsible to process all the garbage according to the specifications of the National Park Service. My main job was tour bus driver and narrator, and I waited tables in the restaurant, served chicken beans and potatoe salad meals, and other jobs too numerous to describe here at this time. Anyway I love teddy bears and stuffed animals!

The kind of chocolate I have been eating is in short supply in the store, so I may have withdrawals not being able to get it any more. It was such a large slab of chocolate for such a reasonable price that I am not willing to pay higher prices for smaller pieces, so me and chocolate may be a sad story shortly, but I will survive! :lol: :D

HAPPY VALENTINE"S DAY TOO ALL! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:34 am

For me I get closer to the person if he is close to the Father. The more he wanted to be faithful in Him, the more I am impress of what his character is. The more he encourages me
crisipicada

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum