MOVIE FREAK

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MOVIE FREAK

Postby red » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:18 pm

I have seen it too Sir Ed, makes you cry movie. I love that movie something you will never forget type of movie. :D
I am wanting to see some comedy movies lately I want to laugh. lol
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Red, I love good funny comedies. Some are so good they make you feel really good after you watch them. We all need that release at times when we will have a good laugh at descent comedy. The drama is good, the romance is good, and sometimes the comedies make you laugh and lift your spirits! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 am

We watched a really funny movie this evening. It was "The Great Rupert." Rupert was a squirral that could dance to music of a small accordion. One guy moved out because his agent was not interested in the squirral's abilities, and he couldn't pay his rent. Another family, Mom, Dad, and Daughter moved in, and the landlord was stashing money, and the squirral was taking it to the new family, and it is just a really funny movie, with comedy, and romance. The daughter and the landlord's son are going to be getting married. Jimmy Durante is the main actor, and it is worth watching! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 pm

While we ate supper tonight we watched a wonderful old movie, "A Christmas Without Snow." The movie had Michael, (lady) Learned, or something like that; the person who played the mother on "The Waltons," and a British actor who played the Bishop. The story line was about this older gentleman trying to get a church Choir to learn "The Hallelujah Chorus" well. The church pipe organ was vandalized, and the Choior director had a stroke, but the Christmas program was a success anyway. It was a good movie, well worth watching! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 am

For one of my Happy Birthday presents our youngest daughter gave to me "The Adventuires of Ma & Pa Kettle, Volume 1" We watched "Ma and Pa Kettle go to Town." It was great fun, and I would recommend this movies to anyone for some wonderful first class entertainment! One lady on it also stars in "Anne of Green Gables," and another guy was the rich man on "Gilligan's Island," so there were some great old actors and actresses in that movie! You would love it, I think! Very clean, no bad language, so bad scenes, just wonderful fun! :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 am

Last night we watched "It Happened One Night," which was a wonderful old romantic movie with Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert in it. Clark Gable was a newpaper writing, who wrote for the newspapers. This rich young woman was running away from her father, and her finance because she did not love the guy and didn't want to marry him. The newspaper writer hookep up with her to keep her safe because she was out traveling alone. He told her that she was spoiled, and told her that her father did a poor job raising her, and he spoke to her very bluntly, but she fell in love with him, and he with her. The father was not happy that she was getting ready to marry this guy, so when he found out that she was in love with the newspaper guy, and he was in love with her, he told he to back out of her wedding, so while they were saying the "I do's, so ran out of the church, at her father's suggestion, found the newspaper, writer, married him, and they were off to a wonderful life together! You would enjoy this movie as well, as it is wonderful, clean, wholesome entertainment! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 am

After we got home I played the piano for a while after eating supper and watching a movie. The movie was "The Rules of Attraction." These two lawyers were on opposite sides in a court battle. They got drunk and slept together, and then later they got drunk and got married. That is why you should never get drunk! You never know what you might do! They found out that their marriage ceremony was not valid, but by that time they thought they were married, and they were in love with each other, so they went and got married for real. It is kind of a fun filled story to watch. With our standards as Christians we would not live that way, and would not make those kinds of decisions though, but it was entertaining to watch. :roll: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:29 pm

While we ate our lunch we watched a pretty funny movie, called "Herbie." It was about this developer who was crashing all the buildings in this one vicinity, and he brought all of them down except for an old fire hall/station where an elderly woman lived. He and his lawyers repeatedly tried to get her to agree to move and let them crash the fire hall, but she refused. The developer's nephew sided in wth the elderly woman, Helen Hayes, and they won with the help of "Herbie," a volkswagon bug. Herbie gathered other Volkswagons, and they won out, then the nephew and the elderly woman's granddaughter got married. It was a very fun filled movie!"
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm

This evening while eating supper we watched "By the Light of the Silvery Moon," with Doris Day and Gordon MacRae. It was a fun movie to watch with lots of humor. There were two children in the family, children of a banker. The son stole a turkey because he did not want his pet turkey butchered. The whole family suspected the father of having an affair with a French actress who was coming to town for a show to rent the hall. The whole town got in on the gossip, and it was very suspenceful as the father was on trial without knowing why. Lots of misunderstandings occured, and there was a lot of romance in the movie, and you would enjoy watching it! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 pm

"By The Light of the Silvery Moon" dates back to 1909! It was used in a movie just after WWI, and then Doris Day and Gordon MacRae redit that movie in 1953. There is a lot of romance in this movie. The younger brother's piano teacher was dating Doris in a kind of friendly agreement between her and her real boy friend who was off at war. When he came home there was some competition as the piano teacher still wanted her, but she was spoken for by the young man out of the army. It was friendly and honest and very funny. I found the lyrics that Doris Day used in the Movie:

Songwriters: MADDEN, EDWARD / EDWARDS, GUS

By the light of the silvery moon
I want to spoon
To my honey I'll croon love's tune
Honey moon, keep a-shinin' in June
Your silv'ry beams will bring love's dreams
We'll be cuddlin' soon
By the silvery moon
Place - park, scene - dark
Silv'ry moon is shining through the trees
Cast - two, me - you
Summer kisses floating on the breeze