Do You Enjoy Your Shower?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Do You Enjoy Your Shower?

Postby Edwin » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:00 am

This might seem like a stupid subject to post, but it makes very good sense to me! When I was in the Philippines our friends' filipino family who built their new house put a shower in the back yard just right out in the open. If you would shower with no clothes on you would have an audience, and maybe you would like that, and maybe you would not, but they use it to shower off the sea water after they were finished swiming, and it is just perfect! Their little grandson who was just able to walk showed in the nude, but he was the only one I saw shower their without any clothes on! Everyone else would shower with their swiming clothing on. When I was in high school, we had no warm water running in our house, nor did we have an indoor bathroom, and my Dad put a 55 gallon gasoline barrel up on a 2 by 4 structure with an outdoor spicket on the bottom, with an old coffee can with many holes punched in it. We would load that old barrel with water out of the garden/lawn hose, let the heat of the sun warm it up through the day, and then we would have a wonderful shower in the evening, and after those scorching hot days, it would feel wonderful to get the field dirt and sweat off your body, and it would feel so refreshing!

I worked in a sawmill where the management asked us to shower or bathe everyday, because they did not want unhappy employees who had a hard time dealing with unpleasant smelling people, so since that time I have showered every morning without fail, until we moved here where the water was very unhandly, but I showered whenever we would go to church or town, except in a few rare instances when I was working hard and didn't want to change into nice clothing! Jug showers worked really well, except it was a slight hassle to sit them in front of the pellet stove to heat up, or heat water on the stove, or at the end run one gallon at a time, giving the hot water heater time to get hot again.

Well, now we have running water, for the first time the water system in the cellar, and a 40 gallon hot water heater installed with it all in the cellar. The water heatre has settings from 98 degrees to 150 degrees, and it was set at 125 which I thought was find, but everyone else thought that it was not hot enought, so I compromised and set it at 138 degrees. I can still take my shower by only turning on the hot water tap, soaping my body where soap is needed, and then running water to rinse it off. So I run water to soak my boday, then soap up, then rinse it off, and it is a very good shower, and it feels so good!!!! Letting the water run all the time is what I have always done, and it would be fine this time of the year, but when summer comes and the animals and the garden needs a share of the water then conserving will be very important, and now is a good time to practice conservation, and in that way I will not need to change anything when summer comes! :roll: :lol:
Edwin

Re: Do You Enjoy Your Shower?

Postby red » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Do I enjoy my shower?
Not really, because I am conscious of water bill :lol: But my girls love to play in the tub full of water. So I let them do that and me suffer the quick shower. :lol:
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Smiley » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:00 pm

There is a particular feeling just after a good shower that cannot be duplicated by any other means.I enjoy a shower and the way I feel after.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:28 am

Some have to pay more for water than others I think. The two houses that I rent out to other people are both different in that way. The one house is within the city limits, and they do have a water bill, but it is a set amount, and in that house they don't have to pay extra unless they have broken water pipes that run water freely for hours, so they can take the long showers with no added cost. The other house is out of the city limits, and it has a well, so what it cost is the amount of electricty used to run the pump, plus whatever electricity it costs to heat the water which is true of any house using water. This time of the year we have lots of water her, but when summer comes because of watering animals and watering the garden, and it being so hot, we will need to watch our water consumption. When the amount of water was no consequence I just let the water run while soaping and rensing, but because we will need to be careful when summer comes I get water on my body all over, soap up while the water is turned off, and then I turn the water back on to rense the soap off. That works fairly well. Carol's bathroom has only a shower stall, but I am putting a bathtub in my bathroom, and then if the mood strikes me I can lay back and soak in the tub as long as I want to! So, Red, I understand when you need to be frugal with water, and also Smiley, I agree that there is no feeling like a good hot shower on a cold day, or a cooler shower on a hot day, although I always like a hot shower no matter what the weather is like! :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 am

I enjoy a relaxing bath much more. But shower is definitely quicker.

At the beach here they use to have open air showers, to shake off the sea salt. So it is very common. I used it also to get drinking water when I was thirsty from the hot. It was anyway the closest place to find water without walking a lot or going to a bar. Now life changed, and I see the beach only in the postcards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:42 am

My friends' place in the Philippines has one of those showers in the back yard to shower off the sea water. I normally always like to take showers, but I thought a bathtub would be nice in case I want some time to run a few inches of very warm water, and lay in it soaking my back muscles to make my aching back feel better. My back doesn't always hurt, just at times, and I try to be careful with it, as careful as I am able to, and still do some work that I want/need to do. There will be a shower in combination with the bathtub, and I think I will mostly take showers! I have done a lot of each in the past, and each of them are good. :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:26 am

I always take a bath in the morning and take shower before i sleep in the evening. During early morning, it is very cold, so i usually make it fast to take shower. At home, I usually put some warm water on the basin and take a bath. I really enjoy taking shower and also, I sing a Christian song when I am in the bathroom. So fun!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby cheryz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:47 am

yes i do enjoy a lot, it takes an half an hour in a bath room. thats the time i can feel relax and stress reliever. and the waters running of my face it feels so good, anyway shower can also get my headache for awhile. :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby pinkstone » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:53 am

We dont have a cold and hot shower at home nor a shower. The shower has been removed 5 yrs ago, It was just installed by my aunt coz she wants it. But I still enjoy my bath time :) It's a great time actually to spend my time in the comfort room alone where we just use a pail and a dipper. I haven't actually tried to bath in a bath tub, in my environment, it is very unlikely to have a tub. I guess you need so much time to bath in a bath tub coz I guess you wont just play in the water but soak yourself, I guess it is also pricey for the water bills. :D :D but I like to try that maybe one day lol :D I remember the time when we still have a shower, it's really awesome feeling and it is also the best time to think about what is going on your life now, in short, best time to have some drama moment :lol: :lol: it's really cool and enjoyable bathing on the shower. you dont need so much effort on getting yourself wet coz it will just shower you directly :lol: :lol: I'm sorry if I sound so naive but really that is what I see as reality. :P :? :roll: :) :lol: :mrgreen:
pinkstone

Postby angel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:59 am

not really enjoyed in shower because we dont have a shower in our home :lol: but i love to go to the beach if i have time but now i dont have. i just love to swim. maybe someday just like pinkstone. :D
angel

Next

Return to General Forum