If attracted to someone,do U dive into romantic relationshp?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: If attracted to someone,do U dive into romantic relationshp?

Postby Edwin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:27 pm

If you are attracted to someone and you dive into a romantic relationship that might be like diving into a swiming pool after dark that has no water in it! People have done that with disastrous effects! You are right M&M, it is easy to talk about that but hard to do it! All of us are built the same, maybe some more than others, and most of us are ready to dive when we shouldn't be diving! All of us are carried away with our feelings at times, and we fail to use our brains. Our lives get to be a mess sometimes, and then we need help from the Lord to straighten things out! :D :D
Edwin

Postby m&m » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:39 am

Yes, there are times that I do not use my brain.

I remember when I was in college, I got attracted to my teacher. But, good to it because I become more motivated to study my lesson to get his attention that I am doing well in my studies. :D :D :D :D

But when I learned that he has a gf at that time, then I got hurt. But all things work together for good.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Edwin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:26 pm

M&M, all of us are in the same boat in that we do not use our brains sometimes. I innocently did something last February without thinking that got Carol and I both in a lot of trouble with our kids. It wasn't entirely my fault, but I didn't fully understand all the anger that two of our daughters had for the third, youngest daughter. She said "Dad, lets do this; will you help me?" Without thinking I said sure, and the other two twins were greatly insulted by the help I was giving the youngest daughter. It was pretty complicated, and the trouble was actually caused by her first husband. He had their younger daughter send messages to the 18 year old that made her very angry, and that made our youngest daughter believe that her twin sisters were going behind her back, which I don't think was entirely true, but it was just the husband stiring up troubles. He did it in such a way that the sisters did not suspect him of being the bad guy that he was, and everyone else got the blame for it except him!

Crisi, that was good that your attraction for your teacher motivated you to do well in school, but it was sad that you got hurt by it. You are right that all thing work together for good, and you can often understand that later. :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:31 am

crisipicada wrote:I am the type of person wherein if I am attracted to someone, I would rather share to my friends that I am like someone. I am not the type of person who is showy and I would approach that person that I like him or I am attracted to him.

I am always thinking and being careful with what I say when it comes to involving emotion like attracted to him or like him, I learned it for a long time. Why?? Because I knew it that our hearts lie. It cannot be trusted! It is full of deceit, and it is full of lies. Have you noticed that sometimes, when you are attracted to that person, later on you realized that you are not? Or have you come into the situation wherein, you thought you are so full inlove but later on, you realized that you do not love him or her anymore? I knew it, many stories I have heard that.

Now, I would like to explain in this situation so that you all will understand. When going to the barrio, there few cars going there, infact most of the transportation there is motorcycle. As long as the road is clear and not a lot of bumps, the motorcycle can go fast and without destruction when you are riding alone.

What if when you are in a deserted and busy road? And that you have your relative with you and with other friends and the person you are attracted most? And then there are lots of cars behind you, beside you and in your rare. And most of the time, police are always on highways always doing patrol 24 hours a day. Of course you have to slow down, you must not over speeding, and most of all , you must drive carefully, right?

What I am trying to say is that, at that first scenario or situation, you are just alone riding a motorcycle or car, while on the second scenario, you are surrounded with people and surrounded with relationship with other people. Of course when you drive the car carelessly, you will put the life of people around you in danger, right? Or you would be responsible to the lives of motorists around you too, and the worst thing is , the policeman will caution you and be reminded with traffic rules, or maybe you will be fined with certain amount of driving carelessly, right? You must drive slowly.

This is what the principle in relationships too. Many of men or women, would focus in themselves only. They would ask, or in their mind, Will this person like me? Would he or she would be a good husband or wife for me? Many of us would run into a relationship too quickly and probably run over people along the way, and never realized that your actions affects others. What I am trying to say is that, when you are attracted to someone, remember, and put in your mind, that you are involved in three kinds of relationships.

1. Your relationship with that person you are interested in
2. Your relationship with the person around you – includes family and friends
3. Most of all your relationship with God.
And all of these, you have responsibility toward each of them.

Learning from the past is good, but learning from someone's experience is better. And learning from His word is the best.

We know that He created us with emotion. Our emotional being is the one that drive us to learn to know more the person. As the human being has body, soul and spirit, the soul is where the feelings is.

Loving someone must need to know more the person. We must evaluate the deep person why and what is his /her intention at heart. Having a good intention and knowing the right thing and the right time, and His timing, is always the best time. The question is, you are ready for the sack, but how about sacrifice?
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby wayne208 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:26 pm

M&M . I Believe That at Times We All Use Poor judgement . I was approached by a Friends G/F wanting to Know what I thought of Their Problems .. I told her that I hoped they worked all their Problems out by themselves .. I have been caught in The Middle Before .. I Thank God I used My Brain .A Friend of Mine told Me He Thought She Liked Me ? I do not Feel that way towards Her .. Yes she is Pretty but I want a Lady who is Beautiful on the inside also .. If She was as Nice and as Smart and Believed in God as the Ladies on this Board do Who Knows ??
wayne208

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:19 pm

It is a good idea to know what you are diving into. Attraction is the first thing that happens, and that is the time to be careful. I think it all depends on the individuals involved. In some cases it might be okay to dive in right away. In other cases it might pay to take a little more time, and be sure before diving! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Again, our feelings is a good motivator. When you are attracted to someone, you have a good feeling or happy feeling towards the person. At this moment it is hard to think rationally because all your focus is at the moment of what that person is all about.

For me, I accept that there are times that I become attracted to someone, but later on in life, I learn more to use my brain.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 am

You are right, Crisi about the feelings. They are a good motivator. Feelings make it so we do not always think things through. And, as you say you learn from experience to think things through a little more. Yes, attraction does come with really good and happy feelings. :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum