4th Annual Christmas Sweepstakes

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

4th Annual Christmas Sweepstakes

Postby jadegil6 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:44 pm

The Sweepstakes this year will be for three prizes of 3000 pesos each, paid out on December 23, 2012 in Php by a Western Union money transfer.

Rules are:
(1) All posts on the forum will count as one entry.
(2) If you win and you are a filipina, then you will be paid the money.
(3) If you win and you are not a filipina, then the prize will be paid to the Philippine chartity or citizen of your choice.
(4) Site Administrator (Michael) will keep track of the number of posts you make on the Forum between September 6 and December 22, 2012. Cut-off time will be at midnight, 12/22/12 at 12 PM Central Standard Time (US), which is the same as 2 PM on 12/23/12 in the Philippines. Each 30 word (or more) post will be counted as one entry, and entered under your name. Drawing will be within 12 hours of cutoff time, and winners notified by email and by forum announcement at that time. Payment will be made ASAP, hopefully no later than 12/24/12 (US time).
(5) All posts will count as one entry. Multiple posts per day ARE allowed, so if you make ten posts in one day, then you will get ten entries for that day. Any post that is less than 30 words will not be counted, because you need to make a realistic contribution to the forum, and not just be writing a few meaningless, nonsensical words to earn an entry.
(6) Void where prohibited. (which has never been an issue previously)
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: 4th Annual Christmas Sweepstakes

Postby Smiley » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 pm

OK folks,Its time to pick up the pace just a little.All you people that are kinda lurkin in the background. . . . . now is the time for you to speak out,introduce yourselves and find your voice. We don`t all have exactly the same viewpoint here but that is a good thing. We can`t have good discussions if we all just keep repeating the same thing now can we?
Everybody has an equal opportunity to be heard here,we would like to hear from a lot more of you too!
Dec 23rd will be here very quickly! (Don`t I know it,its my birthday!) so lets get busy everyone. This costs you NOTHING!! Just post,share ideas,ask questions,answer questions,have some fun,and maybe you will be one of the winners!
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:15 am

Wow, Smiley, you and my wife, Carol, share the same day for the birthday! :lol: :lol:

Thank you again Sir Michael for setting up this Sweepstakes" Contest. Good luck to everyone and God Bless! This contest really is Christmas in December, rather than Christmas in July! These sweepstakes are fun, and everyone should be enthusiastic to enter for a chance to win. Everyone should also participate in the forum to help us all to have a better time. Thank you to all the people who do participate in the forum! :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Yeah come all ye people do posting here.
Im a september baby my bday on 26. But i can accept gifts in advance whahahaha!
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Red, your birthday is not far off, and because of my ability to forget, I will now tell you, "Happy Birthday!" Gifts in advance are always good, especially chocolate! Yes, Red, I am surprised that people have not been posting like mad to try to win the next December Sweepstakes! I think the forum not working for a few days might have discouraged some, but hey, it is working well now, and everyone should be on here writing post! So, everyone this is a call for responses and for post. We would love to see you all here. Read a while, and that is fine, but get on here and say something to all the rest of us! :D :D
Edwin

Postby altonsuny » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:40 am

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.
alton
altonsuny

Postby Smiley » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:58 pm

C`mon folks,only 3 more days to go! Lets get posting now. The more topics started and replied to the better the forum becomes.The better the forum becomes the more people will be attracted to it.We have to be a little tribal here and do what is best for the tribe(us).
I for one am always interested in hearing about the daily ups and downs of the fellow members here.I know you are all busy,I`m busy too. Lets not be too busy for the forum though OK? ;)
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:26 am

I second what you have said, Smiley! Crisi said a long time ago that she was posting to support the forum, and before I never thought about it that way, but that is absolutely correct. Crisi has been one of the most faithful posters here on the forum. She may have to be gone for a short time once in a while, but you can count on here doing her fair share of the posting, and you also have done a lot of posting, Smiley, and that supports the forum, especially as you hinted using interesting materials. As Sir Michael said, he doesn't want people just putting a few meaningless words down to qualify for a sweepstake's entry, and that is why Sir Michael requires 30 words or more for an entry, is because he wants what is written to be meaningful. I someone reading this is not able to write 30 words or more, then by all means write what you want and what you are able, and write something and that will help all of us. The more people getting involved the better for all of us, and the more thought provoking the better as well. To keep the forum going and to keep it interesting we all need to put some effort into it. And like Smiley says it is important for us to keep track of each other, what we are doing, and how we are fairing! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:53 am

Yes, Smiley, I was not aware that the end was coming so quickly! The rest of today, tomorrow, and Saturday until 9 or 10 p.m. is all I have to post, because I will be gone all day on Friday, so that the doctor can tell me the results of my biopsy. I tried to get a nurse to tell me over the telephone today, but she told me that she was not allowed to tell, whether the news was good or bad! A year and half ago the nurse told me on the telephone that I was cancer free. She told me that she was not supposed to tell me that, but the doctor was on vacation, and she didn't want me to have to wait for a month to find out whether or not I had cancer, so I thought I would try that again, but it didn't work, because my appointment is just one week after the biopsy, and now it is just day after tomorrow, so until then I will believe that I do not have cancer! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Well, the deadline for being able to post and have it counted as a Sweepstake's Entry is quickly approaching. It is just after 5 p.m. here where we live, Saturday, December 22nd, and in the Philippines it is already Sunday December 23rd, 9 a.m. You in the Philippines are either getting ready for church, you are traveling to church, or you might be already sitting in church, if church starts early, and I think some of the Catholic Mass observances do start fairly early. Anyway because I live on the West Coast our dealine is 10 p.m., this evening, which means there are 5 more hours to enter the Sweepstake's Entries, by posting. We all have 5 hours more no matter where we live, because we just call it a different time. That is the confusion of the time zone differences! :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum