Pablo

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Pablo

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 pm

The Super Typhoon called Pablo in the Philippines (and internationally known as BOPHA) made landfall in Davao Oriental, Mindanao about 5 AM. It has traveled through Mindanao, and at the time of this writing, is close to going back over open water somewhere near Cayagan de Oro, Misamis Oriental, about due south of Bohol.

Earlier tonight, I was in two facebook exchanges with members of this forum (Ms Sin and crispicada) . One lives in Valencia, Bukidnon, and the other in Butuan City, Agusan de Norte. My friend, Ms Sin, who was in Agusan de Norte was telling me that the storm had passed, and all was okay, but as we were chatting, the winds picked up, and then she said she thought the roof of her house was being torn off, and then she must have lost her connection to facebook through her mobile phone because that was the last I heard from her.
Then as I was talking to crispicada, she said the winds were so strong there that the trees were all being blown over. She was all alone, and she was scarred because she has never been through a typhoon before. I asked her to see if one of her neighbors could stay with her, but she never replied after that. She must have lost her connection, too.
All I can do for these ladies, and the rest of my friends throughout the Philippines, is to pray for them, and I hope you will do the same for all the wonderful people of the Visayas.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: Pablo

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:09 am

You are right, Sir Michael, that we need to be praying for all those people in the Visayas who are experiencing this storm. I can't even imagine the fright that must be experienced by these people as the winds take on destructive forces. I think a person would have such a feeling of helplessness while the storm is under way. I too pray that our friends here on the forum will be safe, as well as their families, and that all these people living in those areas will be safe as well. :D :D
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:23 am

Some good news...I just heard from crisipicada again on facebook. Her electricity went out as well as her ability to connect to the internet with her cell phone. But both of those services have been restored for now, and she is doing okay. Hopefully, the back side of that storm will not cause her more problems later on.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:27 am

Sir Michael, that is very good news! The back side of those storms can be devestating I guess. It is like the severely after shocks of a bad earthquake. Well, we hope and pray for safety and the ceasing of this storm. They, Crisi's family and relative, and Ms.sin.17's mother and family have had their share of scares, and we pray for peace and safety for both of them! Some times these experiences cause us to call upon God for His help, and maybe He wants to draw us to Himself, and if that is what it takes, then we accept that, but we want safety and peace for our loved ones! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Typhoon Pablo is already out of the Philippines.

Out of 31 barangays, 19 of it is reported affected brought by typhoon Pablo in the City of Valencia and that includes where I live in Barangay Dagatkidavao. More than 2,000 families were affected and some are still on the evacuation center at Central Elementary School, here in Poblacion, Valencia City proper.

On the other hand, 2 fire trucks of this station is headed to Cagayan De Oro City effective today, until 10th of December 2012 or 5 days water rationing. After the service rendered by this office to the community like flashing, water delivery, now they will extend help to Cagayan De Oro City, which is 3-4 hours drive from this City. THey will expected to be back on Monday, December 10, 2012
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby jadegil6 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 pm

I read earlier today that the death toll is over 250 now, and there are still many people missing. Although the eye of the storm passed through the island of Mindanao, the storms outer bands reached up to Leyte and over to Cebu as well. I have a good friend who lives in the country in southern Cebu, and she says that 4 of her neighbors lost their roofs, and are now living in her house. She said all of the goats that her family were raising are dead. She said that there are trees down everywhere, and that most of the power poles are down, and there is no electricity, and they may be without power for a month or more.
I have more friends in Leyte who sent me an email the day of the storm. The first email said that it was sunny, and they didn't think that the storm would affect them. A few hours later, the second email said that it was pouring rain, and that the winds were blowing off roofs. I haven't heard from them since the storm passed, so I am not sure what the damages are there. But I do know that there is widespread damages, and that many are suffering severe hardships.

I am happy that crisipiada made it through the storm with no physical harm.

I did hear from Ms Sin. She said her family lost parts of it's roof, and that many trees were down, and plants destroyed, but nobody in her family were hurt.

Thank the Lord for these blessings.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 am

Thank you, Crisi for what your department is doing for the people in your area and Cagan De Oro, City! I am also as Sir Michael thankful that you are safe, and that Ms.Sin17 is safe as well, even sad with the loss of some of their roof! I am sad for the people who lost property/damage, and for the loss of life! :(

We live where we have terrible wind storms at times. Earlier in this fall before winter we had strong winds that blew a section of our roofing off! Everytime I would go outside I would see another whole roofing piece that blew off the house, and even beyond our back yard. I was picking them up right and left for a while. The wind kept blowing and I couldn't even get up there to repair it as the wind would not let me. My son-in-law gave me some of his throw away roofing shingles that he took off from a building, and maybe he got some of them from other places too. I found a time that the wind died down, and I got up there with a hammer and roofing nails/tacks, and patched the roof, so that it is now holding again with no bare spots lacking roofing. I nailed it good since it was a problem, and when some starts blowing off, then more loosens and blows off as well. So we are okay for now. Pieces of the roofing are still breaking up and blowing off, but most of it is staying on. I have 50 year and 30 year roofing under our house ready to be put on, but the roof stringer/rafters need to be replaced as they are only 2 x 4s, and the sheeting has to be replaced at it is only 1/4 inch plywood! They should make it against the law to build with such flimsy materials! Our roof looks like it has mountains and valleys! We plan to replace it, and we were hoping this fall, but we spent all our time on the cellar and water system, and too much of my money, so I will have to save up money to replace the roof, and wait for next spring/summer/fall, one of the seasons to do the job! It is unbelieveable how much everything costs! But when there is a need, the Lord provides, and He gives the strength, gives us health, and protects us from harm and danger, so I am very thankful to the Lord for His Blessings that endure forever! :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:04 am

01.jpg
01.jpg (54.64 KiB) Viewed 6956 times

02.jpg
02.jpg (53.6 KiB) Viewed 6956 times

03.jpg
03.jpg (50.38 KiB) Viewed 6956 times

04.jpg
04.jpg (52.74 KiB) Viewed 6956 times
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby mystic » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 am

05.jpg
05.jpg (45.51 KiB) Viewed 6956 times

06.jpg
06.jpg (48.67 KiB) Viewed 6956 times

07.jpg
07.jpg (56.31 KiB) Viewed 6956 times

08.jpg
08.jpg (61.38 KiB) Viewed 6956 times
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby mystic » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:17 am

09.jpg
09.jpg (46.82 KiB) Viewed 6956 times

10.jpg
10.jpg (53.08 KiB) Viewed 6955 times

11.jpg
11.jpg (66.06 KiB) Viewed 6956 times

12.jpg
12.jpg (49.66 KiB) Viewed 6956 times
mystic

Next

Return to General Forum