My Bathroom

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: My Bathroom

Postby mystic » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:43 am

Just be patient.

Have you tried something like leaving on a table, near the road, some cakes, chocolate, etc.? Maybe a stupid idea, but you can try to catch her from another side.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 am

No, that isn't a bad idea, mystic, and I don't know what will work for her, except maybe time. It is mostly over a younger daughter that the twins have had a hard time with. The one twin is more forgiving than the other is. The one twin is trying to help her sister see the light, but it is up to her actually. So we will see. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:50 am

After watching the movie, while eating supper, and playing the piano for a while, I went to work on my bathroom. It seems like I just got my bathroom so that water was running in it, and I could use everything the way it was supposed to be used, and now I have taken everything out except the floor, walls, and the ceiling! The kids are coming tomorrow, and they are going to help me put green rock on the walls, linolium on the floor, put my bathtub in, plumb it for water and drain, along with a shower, and generally redo the bathroom. It will be nice when they get finished with it! Just the same I felt badly taking out the toilet and sink, and taking mirrors and towel racks off the wall, but it will be nicer shortly. I am going to paint it a shade of lavender and pink! I love those colors. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:54 am

Last October our kids who live by Spokane suggested that they would hellp me renew my bathroom. It was a working bathroom as the time, only I was hauling water to make it work. I replaced rotten floor, tore out an old sink cabinet, replace that sink, put in a new toilet that I had sitting around for several years, and got running water hooked up to all of it. I thought my kids were going to help me remodel my bathroom all the way until it was a working bathroom again, but all they did was to replace the walls with green rock with my help to prepare it. They basically ran out of time, so I ended up with only a repaired floor, and all the appliances removed! I put the bathtub in the bathroom, just sitting, not installed, so since then it has just been an empty room. I worked so hard to get everything accomplished that I did, that I found myself burned out from all I had done, so I told Carol it was too cold in the house to work with mud and paint. Then before I kenw it it was too hot to work in there. If I had not bathroom it would be different, but I've had Carol's bathroom including her shower that I have been using. She has been dropping gentle hints for a while now, "Why don't you get off your butt, and finish that job." Well I had so many other jobs that had a higher priority, that the bathroom has remained on the back burner. Carol complained enough so that our youngest daughter said, "I am coming up and helping you do your bathroom," so I told her that it would be fun working with her, so just tonight I removed the heavy tub from the bathroom, set it on end beside my bed, and now the bathroom is empty, which will make it very easy to paint and lay linolium, so it looks like within a few days, I will have a nice new working bathroom, and I will take pictures and post them here when that happens! It will be very nice to have a working bathroom right off my bedroom again, although I am fine with the way it is, but Carol wants me out of her bathroom! Can you imagine! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:13 pm

Last night I moved my big heavy tub by my bed and stood it on end. Today I pulled one wood strip, only one in there, so it didn't fit anymore, then I mudded the seam, now when it dries I can sand it down smooth. I swept the floor clean, scraped up some spilt mud pieces when my son in law did seams from this green rock work. I also washed some mold off the ceiling using a little bleach. Now I am all ready for our youngest daughter to come help me. I really didn't need her help, but the motivation is great since I got burned out with all I was doing, and it will be fun to have her here helping me and visiting with us. We will finish doing a little sanding, then paint a white under coat after which we will paint the walls lavendar, & maybe the ceiling or leave it white; I haven't decided yet. We will then put the linolium down, put in the sink, toilet, and tub. Some plumbing needs done for the tub, but it should be pretty straight forward and easy. The linolium will need to be cut a little for a perfect fit, holes cut for plumbing to go through, including bathtub plumbing which will be the most complicated since it has not been plumbed in before. The toilet and sink were already plumbed in where they will go back, and I removed them, so it will be very easy to put them back, and Carol will be very happy to have them out of her kitchen! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:57 pm

I cleaned out all the junk out of that bathroom, and I swept the floor, then I sanded some rough spots off. The kids are here now, and we put on a coat of primer. Then we ate supper, afterwhich they have been painting the walls a lavender color. It actually looks really nice, and they are particular about doing a nice job. We will give it a few days, after which we will put down the linolium, and put in the tub, sink, and toilet. Then I will have a very nice bathroom again, well, I never had a nice bathroom yet, nor a tub, but it will be nice, and it is fun that they are helping! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:04 pm

I forgot how long it takes paint to dry! I also forgot how badly newly painted walls smell! It's okay though, and it will be worth it for sure. This morning I thought I should have had a fan running in there all night, so I directed the fan in their while I walked, but then Carol said, "What about the fan for me," so I directed it towards her, and I found another small fan and put it right in the room. It moves a quite a bit of air for a little fan, so it will dry, I am confident about that! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Good job sir Ed... :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Thanks, Red! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:01 am

chickenHouse 137reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 137reduced.jpg (43.49 KiB) Viewed 9539 times

Here is one end of the bathroom, and end wall and 2 side walls painted.
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum