Birthday Greetings

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Birthday Greetings

Postby Smiley » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Happy Birthday Mr. Ed.(not the horse!). I wish you many more. Lets hope that the best years are still in the future.
Smiley

Postby Smiley » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Since Mystic has been "culling the herd" I notice that we do not have a hundred or so with a birthday everyday. I just sent a Happy birthday private message to a couple of the ones we have today suggesting that they participate.Is this a good idea or not? If not I will stop,if it is a good one would anyone else like to try it too?
:)
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:35 am

Thank you, Crisi, Smiley, and mystic for the Happy Birthday wishes! They are each very nice! I noticed that also about the decrease in the number of birthdays listed, and I don't understand the reason for that change. I am not the authority here, just one of the posters, but I don't see any problem myself with PMing the ones who are listed, wishing them a Happy Birthday, and inviting them to become active on this forum. Also I think it would be fine to list them in the post, tell them Happy Birthday, and suggest they become active in the forum, posting for all of us to read, so either way I think it should be fine. :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 am

Ed, 58,000 fake accounts were purged. That's why you don't see them anymore in the bd list. There are still about 8,000 spam accounts in the database that are difficult to spot out, unless making some damage to true users. So, most of the birthdays will still be fake.

Anyways, if Michael wants, we can set up at any time a phpBB mod that sends a customized bd wish email at each birthday. It would be a nice way to call people back to Jaderune. But before doing this, maybe we can work on the site and make it more friendly.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:38 am

That is great, mystic! That is astounding, 58,000 fake accounts purged, and 8,000 spam accounts still listed! Wow! No wonder we were all about to calapse! That is great and wonderful that you, mystic, are still making the forum more friendly! Anything we can do to get people active here is a positive thing! Thank you, mystic! :D :D
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Happy Belated Birthday Sir Edwin!
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 am

Thank you Sir Michael for the Happy Birthday Greeting! I had a very good day with our kids and grandkids. It was fun to get a few small presents, and to eat the meals during the day! Our other daughter and husband are coming here this next weekend, and they are going to celebrate a late birthday with me, so that will be fun also! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:35 pm

I had another Happy Birthday celebration as my kids came from Spokane, WA, USA a week after my birthday, this weekend! Carol's cousin sent me a present. It was two bags of chocolate candies! I told him in an email that I had been know to keep chocolate candies for 5 or 6 years, and then eat them to everyone's amazement. Chocolate is like money in the bank; if you keep it, you always have it, but Carol's cousin told me that chocolate candies only lasted about 10 minutes at his house! I also told him that one of the bags of square chocolate dark candies did not want to be eaten, because they had it sealed so that it was very difficult to open, and he said that if any chocolate argued with him, he got the scissors after that chocolate, and then it cooperated! It was fun anyway! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Carol's birthday is tomorrow! She will be 71 years old. I told her that was pretty old, and ask her how she got that old, and she said that she didn't know. Our daughter had her come over to their house, and she is doing something special for her. Our daughter wouldn't tell her what it was, but told her that she would like it, so I imagine Carol is over there having fun. This is funny because she is celebrating with our kids here a day early, and she will celebrate with our youngest daughter and her daughters a day late! She always hated having her birthday on December 23rd, because it was too close to Christmas and often just became part of Christmas, but this year she will have two celebrations for her birthday, and then she will have Christmas as well, so she doesn't always get ripped off! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Happy Birthday to Jesus, our Lord and Savior, the Chirst child, born in a manger. He was the most important person in all of history, and yet there was not room for Him anywhere expect for the barn in which the animals lived. It is not bad for a baby to sleep with the animals anyway is it? I can just picture that all the animals with their babies, and then Joseph and Mary with the Christ child. I think He was quite at home. Through out His life he was treated much the same by his fellow country people. He didn't own anything in his life except the clothes that He wore. He didn't even have a place to lay His head but He slept where ever He could find a place. Yet He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Prince of Glory. Jesus is His name for He saves His people from their sins! I am thankful that Jesus came as a baby, and that He grew up and fulfilled his mission to provide eternal life for you and for me. He went away to prepare a place to live for us, and since He went away, He will come again to receive us to be with Himself, that where He is, we can be there as well. Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you, peace not as the world giveth, give I unto you, Let not your heart be troubled." And, we have that hope of eternal life, a hope that the Bible says maketh not ashamed, but our hope will have a real fulfillment. I am thankful that Jesus came, lived, and died for you and for me! :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum