Room

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Room

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 am

RoomReduced.jpg
Things from the bathroom
RoomReduced.jpg (115.17 KiB) Viewed 6189 times

Remember before when I was taking everything out of my bathroom to replace the floor, and the mess it made in the house. Well, we got everything except for the tub put in the bathroom without walls and flooring, and then we cleaned up, straightened the house. Well, once again I took everything out of the bathroom, so that we could put walls and flooring on it, and also paint it, which has not been done yet. Now my bathroom looks very empty again, and the rest of the house is a disaster, but it will all get fixed in time!
Edwin

Re: Room

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 am

room1Reduced.jpg
Bed taken apart
room1Reduced.jpg (93.33 KiB) Viewed 6187 times

We had to take the bed apart to get the very heavy bathtub in the bathroom. It just about killed us all to carry it in the house, and then our daughter suggested I got get my uhaul type hand truck, and that was a good plan. We straped the tub to the hand truck and wheeled it in the bathroom very easily once we took my bed apart. It went back together easily, so it was no big deal! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:49 am

room2Reduced.jpg
Bathtub
room2Reduced.jpg (55.83 KiB) Viewed 6187 times

The bathtub is the only thing in the bathroom. We were not able to have enough time to do any more work on the bathroom. We got the green rock on the walled, taped, and mudded, and left to dry. Now I could sand it whenever the mood strikes. It looks very nice, but very empty with only the tub in the bathroom. I am very happy to see that tub in the bathroom as it is extremely heavy! I brought it from the compactor platform where we lived and worked for 10 years. I think that old tub has class. Someone else threw it away, but it think it has great value, and it is a beautiful old tub that I will enjoy having in the bathroom, and either bathing in, or taking showers in, and probably both at different times! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:59 am

room3Reduced.jpg
Walls prepared
room3Reduced.jpg (52.39 KiB) Viewed 6187 times

This is one of my son-in-laws working on the walls that he just screws onto the studs. He is mudding the corners and the seams, as well as filling the screw holes, recessed, with mud. It is probably fairly dry now, although it is not really warm in our house, so it may still be drying, and then I will do some sanding, texturing, painting, and then we will be ready for linolium on the floor, which I already have, and then putting the, toilet and sink back as well as plumbing the drain, mixer, and shower for the tub. Then I will have a first class bathroom! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:08 am

Room4Reduced.jpg
Moving the tub
Room4Reduced.jpg (116.62 KiB) Viewed 6187 times

Here is a picture of yours truely helping to move the bathtub. I am the only one shown in this picture, but there were actually 4 of us moving that bathtub. We first hand carried it in the house, and you can't believe how much that old bathtub weighs! If the ones helping had known how heavy it was before picking it up, they never would have helped carry it in the house. Then our daughter had the brilliant idea of getting the handtruck to strap it on and move it, and that made it easy once we cleared a path to wheel it into the bathroom. I am very happy to see it safely in the bathroom, and it wil be very nice once can take baths or showers in it! :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:41 am

Ed, check the images if they uploaded correctly. Some do not show. I noticed this issue, but couldn't understand the cause yet. Just checking with preview, and reuploading, usually solves the problem.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks, mystic! I did have trouble uploading them a day or two ago, and I was about to give up. But then I had a thought from former experience with some emails years ago. Those email providers had filters that if you used certain words the email provider would kick your message back, and not allow it to go. There idea was that certain words, like bathroom, toilet, shower, bed, and some of those words meant the message was inappropriate, so I had to be careful what words I used even though what I was saying was okay. So what I did here was that I renamed my images to avoid those trigger words, since I am not displaying anything bad here, and the images show up for me okay, and I was not aware that they were not showing up for others. Anyway I have been working hard on our house to improve it for our living and I was just excited to want others to enjoy seeing what we are doing. I will be taking a few more pictures and displaying them here in a few days. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Chas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:45 am

Hurry up and get it finished, then you can come round and refurbish mine :lol: Well done and again thanks for sharing.
Chas

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:05 am

Chas wrote:Hurry up and get it finished, then you can come round and refurbish mine :lol: Well done and again thanks for sharing.

Yes, Chas, I was hurrying starting last April, the 3rd year for digging on the cellar, and I finished that early enough, August 7th, but my son-in-law didn't see any point in hurrying until the weather got bad, and then boy did we hurry! I have slowed my pace now, but I do need to keep working! You are welcome; glad to share! :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum