Christmas 2012!

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Christmas 2012!

Postby red » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:17 am

I think celebrating Christmas in the Philippines is joyous and you can really feel the spirit of it with the loved ones, its just merrier. I cant forget the 2011 Christmas we had we all just had fun lots of games and goodies for prizes. The foods and the laughter we will miss it this year. :(
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:02 am

Christmas at our house while I was growing up was somewhat different. My Dad read a scripture, Jeremiah 10:1-5; and Isaiah 44: 12-28; and he believed those scriptures were talking about Christmas trees, so we never had one in our house, only one time when my brother came home from California, and Dad allowed that tree in the house that time as we didn't see our brother very often. He believed that people actually were worshipping the Christmas trees, and so we never have one until I was married, and then we had them in our house, because I thougth those scriptures were describing the heathen Israelites who were making idols to worship.

So, no Christmas trees, but Mom put some decorations on the top of our piano, and our presents were piled up there. Usually Dad would hand the presents out one at a time, and we would open our presents while every one enjoyed watching. It was a lot of fun. We had large Christmas dinners, and cracked lots of nuts, eating them, also we ate lots of candy as my Mom loved candy! We had mostly pies, but some cakes, and we had a day or two where we just sat around doing what we wanted and playing as we wanted to. It was usually just our family, but my older sister and her boyfriend came once that I can remember, and he brought some of that silver while snow type spray, and he sprayed it on everything, and we were amazed. We didn't use any Christmas lights, I think because the Christmas lights were associated with the Christmas tree, and none of that was allowed in our house. I remember once that my Dad's oldest brother, who never married came to spend Christmas with us, and I still have a little truck and tracter that he gave to me for Christmas.

We did love Christmas time, and as kids we loved getting time off from school for the Christmas break. We kids would study the Christmas catalogues for weeks trying to figure out what we would like to have for Christmas. We usually never got what we dreamed of wanting, but we were very happy with what we got! We did play games at Christmas time as well, and I enjoyed that until I plalyed with my brother-in-law, and he cheated, making up his own rules as we went in his favor, so to lthis day I do not like to play games. Most every one else does though, and I enjoy watching them play and having fun. I think I would enjoy playing games if I were playing with someone who was not over bearing, and who would not cheat!

I still love Christmas time, the music, the fun, the food, the laughter, and the fun being with loved ones! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 am

This Christmas season, we will be gather together in the barrio. There will be a lot of cousins and relatives will come. It is already a tradition for us to eat together, having a lot of games, funny games, and a lot of gifts to give from relatives. It would be a lot of fun.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:40 am

Yes, Crisi, Christmas is a wonderful time to get together with family, friends, and relatives. This is already the 17th of December here, and of course in the Philippines it is already December 18th, so Christmas is coming quickly. For us Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus when He came into the world as a baby. I think Christmas is a lot of fun, and I love everything that goes with it. :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum