Outside Wall of Our House

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Outside Wall of Our House

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:44 am

Ourside the house @ different angles 008reduced.jpg
Scooby checking out his surroundings
Ourside the house @ different angles 008reduced.jpg (67.81 KiB) Viewed 1552 times

You would think that Scooby would be miserable in those cold surroundings, but he loves the cold and the snow. He can't take the heat, and he dug himself a basement to cool off in during the summer. I let him dig it, and when I dig my dirt ramp going down into the cellar from the other direction out of his yard I will let him use that during the summer so that he can be cool. Scoob, as I call him often checks out the place and lets us know if anything is unusual. He doesn't just bark on and on, but he barks a little to alert us, and I love to hear him bark. His bark is in the bass cleff, and if you could be intimidated by a dog, he would intimidate because it sounds dangerous, like he could be dangerous, but he is very loving, very kind, and he would not hurt anyone or anything, but he is dynamite on mice and rats, and golfers. He is very kind to other dogs and to people as well. He has enough space to exercise when I am not able to walk with him. When the other doggie, Rand, gets out there with him, he runs and has more fun than you can imagine. He lets us know when the coyotes are out and about. I jokingly say that Scooby watches his big screen TV. It is the sliding glass door, and his program is what the humans do inside the house. He spends a lot of his time on the porch watching inside the house. He decided that he likes it inside the house, so he comes inside whenever he gets a chance. He thinks when I hope that door it is an invitation for him to come in. Often he runs to the front door as we go out the front door for our walks, and he loves our walks, but since I got really busy with my projects I have not had the time to walk, and now the weather is too cold, too miserable, and when it is warmer the road is too slick, and it is a challenge just to keep from falling while walking to get the mail. As soon as I can, and conditions will allow me and the doggies will be on our 6.5 mile walk again. In the summer have to go when it is cooling off in the evening, and then it is almost too hot for the doggies, and especially Scooby. Rand will sit in the shade and wait for me to make my return trip, because he knows the routine. Scooby will just sit on his bottom, or even lay down, and he will say to me, "Just try to make me move!!" And I don't try to make him move, only to go home after he has rested and cooled off, because I know he can't take the heat and I don't want to hurt him, so he is the boss! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Re: Outside Wall of Our House

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 am

Now you have seen a lot of pictures of the outside of our house. It had cheap light weight metal roofing for skirting, and after we moved it, I put it back on, but it didn't keep out the cold, freezing wind, and I didn't really want to insulate the skirting, so I got this idea about putting blocks around our house, and I like the idea of that really well. The replacement of the roof is next, and after that I will think about siding, and maybe some insulation under that siding. That is sometime in the future after the roof is replaced. The siding is that old sawdust board, and I do not like that material. It swells when it gets wet, and after a short time, it looks really crummy! Well, our house will look beautiful eventually, and when we got it, it was a pile of junk that I paid just a small amount of money for, but eventually it will be pretty nice, and it is well on its way. It is small, but has 3 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms, and what more could we want! My bathroom needs sanding on the walls where it was mudded in the seams, then primed, then painted, then down with the linolium, and the tub plumbed with the shower head in it, sink and toilet put back, and then it will be a very nice bathroom. I am not getting in a hurry about that project, but one of these days I will need to get onto it, just like I need to get my access hole cut in the kitchen floor to be able to climb down into the cellar easily. Presently we have to go down a hole that I built a cover over next to Carol's bathroom, and then crawl half way down our house underneath, then down into the cellar, and that is not very convinient, but it is okay for now! :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum