how can i reply to pm here? sorry, im just new here...

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

how can i reply to pm here? sorry, im just new here...

Postby being_meh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:59 am

Im so glad i joined this forum.. since im too bc at work and i don't usually goes out . my laptop became my new outlet after work.. especially when i'm too stress ....its so nice to know that i can still express whats really on my mind.. and at the same time i get some good advise from people here,thanks to all.. . i can't wait to have more friends.. and i will definitely post more and more everytime i get a chance to do it...

ohh can i ask one thing... how can i reply a PM here? i really dont know how to do that yet... :lol:
can someone please educate me how to do that please..

To those who sent me PM pls. forgive me if i haven't replied because i don't know where to reply..
i tried composing a message but it says i need to make more post here..

thanks again for reading this..

Godbless to everyone!
being_meh

Re: how can i reply to pm here? sorry, im just new here...

Postby mystic » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:55 am

Hello Meh, keep posting :) It takes time to know people, but here there are many good ones.

To read PMs, you have first to log in. You should then find on top the link: User Control Panel. Once clicked on that, you should find another link: Private Messages. And here you are. You should find the folders like incoming messages, sent messages, etc. It works like a webmail.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby being_meh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:22 am

thanks mystic... i am looking forward to meet the good one this time... lol
being_meh

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Yes, being_mehl, something that seems very simple for people who do it all the time can be very complicated for someone who has never done it, or seldom does it. As mystic says it is really quite simple, and I will repeat a step by step to attemp to help you do it with ease.

You come here just like you are going to post on the forum. As mystic said at the top you see where it says User Control Panel (1 new message), or (0 new messages). You click on that no matter which of the two it says. Then you come to where it says View Messages: Inbox. Below that it says NEW PM. Below that it says Message. Below that there will be a subject title of a PM someone has sent you, with their name underneath. Click on that subject, and it will open up their PM to you, so that you can read it. Right above their PM to you will be a box that says SENDREPLY. You click on that. Their name will be at the top, and below in a long narrow box will be the subject of their PM and it will be labeled subject. The large box below is where you write your reply to them. Click once in that large box, and your curser will appear. Then you just write whatever you want to say to them. After you finish writing what you want to write to them, you click on Submit, underneath that large box with your PM now written to them. Your message will go to the outbox, and in the column to the left upper you will find Inbox, Outbox, and Sent messages. You can click on Outbox where you PM will be until the other person receiving it reads your PM. When they read your PM, your PM will disappear from the Outbox. If you want to review what you have written and sent to people, you click on the sent messages, and you will find what you have written there regardless whether or not they have read it yet. Then you can click on the Inbox to get back to where people send you PMs.

If you want to send someone a PM, you just click on their name, and it will guide you to write a subject in the subject box, their name will appear in the to area, and the large box will appear for you to write them a PM, then you write it, click Submit, and it will all happen as described above.

I hope that helps you get started in replying to people's PMs and writing some of your own if you want to do that. :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum