Pablo

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Pablo

Postby Edwin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:27 am

Yes, you are correct, Sir Michael, about the names for this storm. Even the news bore that out when they called it Bopha, and then said it was called Pablo in the Philippines. That is something that I don't understand, but I am sure that there is a reason for them wanting to name the storm as they want to with their own designation. I don't know if there is a difference in meaning, or what the reason is for that. It is strange that most of our storms have women's names! Is there a reason for that!!!! :lol: :lol:

Shifting the responsibility off onto Santa, huh? :lol: That is very nice to have a Christmas party for the kids! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 am

Typhoon Auring in Northern Mindanao, signal number 1 as of January 3, 2013.

Been raining since January 1 evening until now here in valencia City. The water level rise up in Pulangui river and many evacuees stay in the gymnasium since yesterday.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:22 am

Wow, we need to be praying for protection with Typhoon Auring happening there. It is always scary for you, huh, when it is raining hard, continuing to rain, and when the river is rising! It is nice the gymnasium is available for people to keep them safe! Last summer we were given an evacuation notice at 2 or 3 in the morning just after midnight, as the wind was blowing hard, and the fire was coming towards us, but the wind shifted directions and died down a little, and so we were safe and thankful! :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 am

Praying for safety for you all there. I have been more prayerful to my loved ones there since we arrived here and less when we were there in Pinas. :lol:
I have been chatting my sister but we did not talk about the weather there so, guess there is something to worry or talk about esp they live in sea level in Bugo, CDO. Mindanao has been the target of typhoon lately, Luzon gets a break from calamity. lol
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:13 pm

That is a big concern for all those who have family, relatives, and friends in the Philippines. Just when you think one area is pretty safe then the typhoon strikes. I pray that all will be safe there! It can be frightening for those who are there also. I pray God will be with them all in this. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:22 pm

I was just talking with my friend whose filipina wife has families in the Philippines both in Manila and Negros Oriental. He was telling that his wife's father's house took a little damage during that storm. He lives in a Nipa house, and part of the roof blew off. My friend's wife's brother, his son put the roof back on. Also the outhouse blew over, so I guess they stood it back up as well! That was all the damage they took. The one before they had flooding and mud and deep water inside the house with some cleanup and water and mud damage, but this one was only damage from the wind storm, which was enough, but just putting the roof back on repaired the damage. So, they were thankful for that! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:01 am

Today, January 11, of 2013, the first time that the sun shine through out the day.

Some believe that during days 1-12 of January, the weather of that days will be the weather of the month for the whole year. Example, if January 1 is rainy day, that means, January will be rainy days. If since January 11, today is sunny day, means the whole month of November is sunny day. Do you believe that?
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 am

Crisi, nice to have the sun shine, huh? :D We have ground hogs here, and they are harmless little creature that get a little bigger than a house cat. They live in holes in the ground, and rocks. They are vegetarians, eating mostly grass. Some people don't like them, and even try to keep their populations low, but I like them. Anyway, we have a saying "If the ground hog sees his shadow when he/she comes out of the hole/rocks the end of February, there is more winter," but if he/she doesn't see his/her shadow them winter is finished.

Also years ago my Dad told me that the Native American Indians would decide how much winter there would be by watching how big the white man's pile of wood was! :lol: :lol: If he had a large pile of wood it would be a hard winter, but if his pile of wood was small the winer would be mild! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum