MAINTENANCE NOTICE

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MAINTENANCE NOTICE

Postby mystic » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:10 am

Sorry for Meredith, who got today 5 birthday emails :lol:

That's about testing the site. I found a line in the code that was preventing the bd email to be sent:

($user->data['user_timezone'] == $config['board_timezone'] && $user->data['user_dst'] == $config['board_dst'])

The code was checking whether the user was in the same time zone of the board with the same daylight settings before sending the email (it doesn't really make sense). Of course, this check fails for almost every user, unless you live in the same time zone of Michael's server. So, I removed this check.

After this check, there are some strange lines that I cannot decipher well. Trying to alter them resulted in the 5 emails sent. Thus, I will wait a moment to see if it works. If not... I'll take the pain to go through the rest of the code.

Uh.... checked now again, and the email sent were 8.... I have definitely to monitor the site :roll:

forum.jpg
forum.jpg (74.17 KiB) Viewed 10312 times
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 am

Meredith definately got the Happy Birthday message, huh? Well, you know all of us have gotten duplicate emails at various times. It just happens. I think many times someone internet connection is not working well, and they click send, but they think the email did not go, so they click again, maybe several times, and each time an e-mail was sent. I think all of us have done that at one time, and all of us have been the recipient of that action as well. The same thing has happened while ordering something online as well. You order, click, your connection is slow, or it says it failed, so you click again, and all of a sudden, or later you find that you have paid for your item twice. We have seen the warning, "Don't click the back buttom, or you will be charged twice!"

Thanks for you efforts and your time that you are spending, mystic, to get these things worked out! :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:45 am

Finally, two birthdays at once. And.... it worked!!! :P

admin.jpg
admin.jpg (113.84 KiB) Viewed 10270 times
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:00 am

Good work, mystic! Thank you for what you are doing! :D :D
Edwin

Postby wayne208 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Mystic Thanks for all the work You are doing and have done on this site .. I like this site and I feel it can get even better thanks to Your actions .. I know that You will get some Bad Reviews by some people but that is to be expected .. After All You are dealing with People .. May God watch over and Bless You and Yours in this coming Year :)
wayne208

Postby mystic » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:19 am

Thank you Wayne. I am aware of my limitations, but in my little I try to give my modest contributions.

I extend the blessing to everybody in the forum and beyond.
mystic

Postby Smiley » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 am

Hey! I`m a little confused. . . . . . did we miss your birthday? Sorry if we did. Thanks again for your work on the site.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Yes, mystic, you are being modest, you have done a lot, and you continue to be doing a lot for all of us! Thank you, mystic! :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:35 am

My bd? No, no... not at all :lol:
mystic

Postby Edwin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:09 am

Hey, mystic, Happy Birthday, anyway whenever it comes! :D :D I know you were born! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum