Are You Afraid of Being Single?..

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Are You Afraid of Being Single?..

Postby DavidM » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:02 am

Crisi,

You can't blame only the men. That's how the enemy operates when he gets you to focus on the other person. "Do you see what he did?" Women are also guilty in that they give a lot of respect and praise during courtship only to fall through later with taking for granted and nagging. Wanting a commitment over being "in love" is good, but seriously how do you plan to measure this pre-marriage commitment? May I suggest that you gauge his commitment to Jesus first. When a person speaks it comes from the overflow of the heart. If a person is infatuated it can be much easier to make words. However, Jesus said that those who love him keep his commandments. That is much harder. Measure that instead.
DavidM

Postby crisipicada » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Welcome back to the forum, DavidM. Your inputs has contributed a lot to the readers. Hope to read more in the coming time.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:20 am

I will second Crisi's welcome to DavidM, and well will all join in the welcoming call! It is good to see him back, and yes he did contribute a lot of worthwhile writings for us to read! With DavidM back, and a few more becoming more active, maybe Smiley won't hear the echo so loudly in the room! I know what Smiley was saying, because there have been a few times that I thought the same thing. Crisi is always supporting the forum, so you can count on her showing up after a short break! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:25 pm

"While single, I am thinking about my neighbors at home in the bario that their respective husband is not treating them well. It saddened me a lot that during the courtship time, the guy really do his best to get the heart of the woman. And then, it is a sad fact that many of the man is not really man. Sometimes, I heard stories at home that this guy leave his wife for the reason that he cannot afford to provide his wife's need and the baby. Later on, the woman will look for another guy." Quote by Crisi

This is not the only writing from Crisi testifying to the above information. First of all, Crisi witnessed such behavior, she wrote about it, and we can't refute her word on this. Some of us men don't like to accept the fact that there is a place where men are more guilty than women, but it is a fact, and Crisi has observed it, and she is telling all of us about it, and I believe her word on this! I found some information on the visa site that supports what Crisi is saying. The person writing there said that if you as a man pick a woman from the Philippines and she is unfaithful, you have made a bad mistake doing your picking because more filipinas have a higher rate of fidelity, being faithful than most people on earth. I will quote what I found to prove my point and to support Crisi in her observance:

"If your scenario is as you say I would add that you clearly picked the wrong woman. The specific reason that I went looking for a relationship in RP (Repbublic of Philippines) is that few women ever cheat. In fact there are only three countries on earth that have such low level of infidelity, they are Philippines, Ghana and Tibet. (See: Translation of Lust (a book that looks at infidelity versus culture, internationally). In Ghana if a woman cheats, they often are killed. So to me that leaves two countries where women (broadly speaking, of course there are exceptions) simply are not inclined to cheat." Juliet and Steve wrote this, and it sounds like it is written from a man's point of view, so I would say that Steve wrote it, and it can be found on the visa site. I am not allowed to give the URL as it is against the rules, but this is conclusive proof that you can check out if you wish.

He also said: "Note: For those who do not know, though Filipino women are amongst the most loyal on earth, Filipino men are not, it's as simple as that."

I believe that in the Philippines are some of the most beautiful and faithful women on earth. I love their culture, and filipinas are gems to be loved and respected, and they will treat you right, of course with a few exceptions, which is always the case everywhere there are exceptions to every rule.

So I know that as men we might be sensitive to information like this, but Crisi's take on the situatioin is absolutely correct! The men in the barrio are often unfaithful, and the women are often victims. So the filipinas want to find someone who will be faithful, you and western men, I assume, want to find filipinas for yourselves who have such high ideals! :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:59 am

As long as I focus in Him and believe that He will give me the best for me, i am not intimidated to be single. why? Because I am trusting Him. I am widening my perspective and thinking. A lot of marriage in my classmates that ends up regret. There are marriages that they are driven by their feelings but not really responsible person and in the end, end up separation. There are marriage that is full of bitterness because the spiritual side is being taken forgranted. Many singles who are having a baby and regret of the past why they commit it. Many marriages that is full of lies and deceit because of wrong motive. What else I can say?

therefore, I am not afraid now because I know that He is preparing me for the right one in times of my right time to get married. :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:33 am

That is good, Crisi, that you view your single time as a time of preparation. God wants the best for us, and He will help us. If we want badly enough we often can find what we are looking for, but if it is not God"s way we will surely be sorry, and we will find some or many of those problems that you described. The blessings of God adds no sorrow. :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum