MOVIE FREAK

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MOVIE FREAK

Postby Smiley » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Red;The Jack Black movie "Nacho Libre" was pretty cool. You would probably like it as well.He is so innocent and pure in motive that you almost feel sorry for laughing at his stupidity. It`s worth checking out.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:10 am

Innocent and pure in motive while being stupid makes for a pretty funny movie. The humor makes it fun! :D
Edwin

Postby red » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Smiley wrote:Red;The Jack Black movie "Nacho Libre" was pretty cool. You would probably like it as well.He is so innocent and pure in motive that you almost feel sorry for laughing at his stupidity. It`s worth checking out.

Hey Smiley, you rock! ha ha I like them movies too....I watched Nacho Libre for several times and my daughters love it too. It was crazy movie. I love it! Makes me laughing a lot. Makes me think to watch it again. :lol:
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby red » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Edwin wrote:Innocent and pure in motive while being stupid makes for a pretty funny movie. The humor makes it fun! :D

I agree! he he
red

Postby red » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm

I have not watch movies lately. I will check the for rent dvd's in this area. I miss watching comedy movies. I saw Adam Sandler's movie and not so like it really. I find Jack Black more entertaining and he can sing too.
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 am

Red, here is an idea for you. In our area many of the Public Regional Libraries have movies that they will check out to people who register with them. It is very easy, and all you have to do is get in contact with them, email or phone, and tell them want to become a member. They will give you a card that can be scanned, then you can get mailings of all the movies that are available, or you can go to the library. We live far enough away that we either call and order, or send an email, tell them our name, address telephone #, if you have one, and then your library number. You write down which movies you want, and most libraries will let you have maybe 3 movies or so at one time. After you watch one, send it back, or take it back then you can get another. Here I think 3 movies out at one time is the limit, and then they want you to keep them only a few days or a week, and they will tell you. The libraries have many good movies, and that is a very reasonable way to be able to watch movies. Sometimes churches have libraries, and they will loan you movies as well. Just some ideas for you. Let me know if something like that works for you. We have watched many very good movies from the library. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 am

The television ran a series of television shows for almost 10 years now, called NCIS, which stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service. The agency is like the FBI or the CIA. They mainly investigate murders commited against Navy personale, and they do the field work on them, then they bring the criminals to justice. NCIS works with the FBI and the CIA, and often times they are in conflict with the other agencies over who has the right to work the crime scenes. These shows are quite grusome in some ways, as they often show the crime and the gore, then they show the process of finding guilt or innocence in the people involved. Our granddaughter owns most of the DVDs with those shows on them. They are quite addictive, and we have gotten started watching them while we eat. They are very interesting and suspenseful. There is a lot of humor involved as the agents are picking on each other in fun, mostly, and there are some sad times as well. Every once in a while they show an agent being murdered, which really happens in real life, and I would not want their jobs. Just like any law enforcement officer they put their lives on the line every time they go out, and once in a while one of them does not come back alive. Well, I am glad their are people willing to do those jobs, but I would not want their jobs! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:22 pm

We have been watching these NCIS movies, old television pictures from the past years. These episodes are based on a real agency, like the CIA, the FBI, and the NCIS is a real investigative service of the federal goverment that investigates criminal deaths involving Navy and Marine personale. It is very interesting with the character displaying a lot of good humor. I am not fond of this kind of viewing, but Carol really likes it, and I have gotten into it lately. I don't like watching anything having to do with murderers, but they are a real part of life in Washington D.C., and other areas of our USA. So I am watching these things in disbelief that one human with do those things to another human, but they do! :o

Our youngest daughter got me some "Ma and Pa Kettle" movies for Christmas. We watched all of them a few weeks ago, and then I saw 6 more of them that were for a very reasonable price, so I bought them. I almost decided not to buy them because the first few movies were exactly the same as what we have. But then there were six extra movies for not much money, so I bought them! Now we are watching them, and they are very entertaining! Ma is an industrious and capable woman, and Pa is a lazy bum! They have 15 kids, and the things that happen are hilarious! If you get a chance to watch them, you will enjoy the humor immensely! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:27 pm

While we were eating and after we finished we watched "Sense and Sensibility." If you get a chance to watch that movie you should because it is a very good movie with no bad scenes or bad language in it. I don't want to tell enough about this movie to ruin it for some of you wanting to watch it, but it has lots of romantic scenes in it with some broken hearts, and some hard hearted people, but it ends on a wonderful note with the main characters experiencing the utmost fulfillment and happiness. We bought it at a Good Will Industries store for almost nothing, and it is one of our best movies! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:49 pm

There is a nice movie to watch, and we watch it every so often. It is "Christmas in Connecticut."The basis of the movie this you lady was in an apartment in New York City, and she wrote about being on the farm. She looked out the window, and imagined all the scenes on the farm. He had a quite an imaginary story. The big shot who owned the magazine wrote to her telling her he wanted to visit her farm. She set the whole thing up to make believe that she had this farm that really belonged to one of her relatives. It is quite humorous and enjoyable to watch. If you get a chance to watch it you will enjoy it.

"Ma and Pa Kettle" have one of their shows based on that same idea. What happened was that all the seniors in the class were required to write about where they lived. By the time he finished writing his paper it appeared that the Kettle family lived on a wonderful thriving dairy farm. Two people in the class, seniors, 12th graders were in the contest to win a scholarship for college, based on this paper they had written. Well, the Kettle farm was a dump, and the fellow that wrote it really used his imaginate, so the Kettle family had a big job to do to try to fix up their farm so that it would match what their son had written about it! They worked hard, cut a lot of corners, brought in livestock, goats, pigs, and farm machinery that they borrowed from the neighbors to make their farm look good. It was a distaster, but funnier than everything, and the boy, I think his name was Elden, and the neighbor girl both won the scholarship, and if you get a chance to watch it, you would enjoy it very much. These "Ma and Pa Kettle, shows were produced just north of Seattle, Washington, USA on the coast where one of our American Indian Reservations is. These shows have lots of wonderful humor! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum