What Would Your Life Be Like If You Were a Dog or a Bird?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What Would Your Life Be Like If You Were a Dog or a Bird

Postby Edwin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:35 am

I really missed my big doggie, Scooby this last week, and I will be without him for another week, but he is really happy with that horse, and when we went there I could see him prancing around in the horse yard with a big smile on his face. Maybe I shouldn't even say this, but before he was allowed to be with any horses, when I was walking with him we badly wanted to eat horse poop. I tried to pull him away because I didn't want him to eat horse poop or cow manure, but he is now in dog heaven, because he can eat all the horse biscuits that he wants, and really it is only recylced alfalfa and grass hay, so it really is not so gross! I was burning it in our kitchen wood cook stove, but both Carol and our daughter took a dim view of that, so now with our daughter being kind of mad at me, I probably wouldn't dare gather horse manure to burn! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:39 am

Pictures over at Dawns house 1-21--2013 030reduced.jpg
Rand Helping Me Drive
Pictures over at Dawns house 1-21--2013 030reduced.jpg (130.84 KiB) Viewed 2240 times

This is a picture of my doggie, Rand, riding beside me while I am driving back home from our visit with our kids who live 3 hours away from our house. I think Rand thought we would never get there. We used to make trips over there all the time several years ago, but then we had hard feelings with some of our kids and we have not been there since until last week, and we had a good visit and a lot of fun! This doggie is so well behaved that it is not hard to take him anywhere, and he is a perfect gentleman!

I really miss my big doggie Scooby! I took him down to our youngest daughter's house a couple of weeks ago, because we were planning to go visit our kids out of town, and since our wind snow storms blowing snow higher than the fence he started getting out of his yard. Our daughter who lives here near us does not want him out of his yard, and it upsets her when he gets out anytime, and especially when we are gone. She doesn't mind if he stays in his yard. I will probably leave him down there until I get the fence rebuilt, and then I will bring him back, and after that he will not get out until I am ready to walk and take him out. He is having a good time as he loves the horse that is there, and the horse loves him. Another little dog crawls in his fence and plays with him. I am not sure I will get him back, because they all love him so much, but he has been my doggie for 4 years, and I miss him, but they will let me have him back when I have things ready for him to return! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:22 am

Well, I was going to bring my big doggie, Scooby, home Sunday night, but we are having to return to town Thursday for Carol's eye doctor appointment, and it will be daylight, so we are going to bring him home that day. He is a huge doggie, and when he was a pup he was not taught anythink so he is not as easily managed as our smaller doggie, Rand. Scooby is a very loving doggie though, and so I can forgive him of any of his lack of manners, and he does have some of them, but I just love him so much, and Carol loves him as well, so we will be very happy to have him back in our back yard, and I will be going for my 6.5 mile walks again, once he is home and the weather improves just a little. I worked really hard, extremely hard, ending the middle of December when our weather got really bad, so I didn't start walking because this winter was more bitter than last winter, through which I walked all winter long. But once I started working with my son-in-law I stopped walking because I just didn't have time available that I could walk. Then when we finished our work, the weather turned really miserable. Then I got lots of exercise digging out his fence. When we needed to make our trip out of town, we took him down to our youngest daughter's place and put him in with the horse, and he and horse have both been happy and like each other. But, the time has come to bring him back home, and we will be very happy to have him at the back door, and also available to go on our 6.5 mile walks. That will be an investment in time, of about 2 hours or so, but it is important to get some exercise, and there is nothing better for a person than walking! There is the health factor, and then there is the mental health factor as well. There is nothing much to cheer you up like getting out and walking especially with two wonderful doggies! :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum