Wait On The Lord

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Wait On The Lord

Postby Edwin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 pm

"Waiting isn't always easy, but sometimes God wants us to stay right where He has put us. The Psalmist reminds us, "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart" (27:14)" Crisi's Quote

Often times it is not easy to wait. Sometimes we want to go somewhere else and do great things for God. But often God wants us where we are, and He wants us to be His representative where we are. Sometimes people dream of serving God somewhere else, and they fail to serve Him where they are. God wants us to serve Him where we are.

Psalms 37: 7; "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. 8; Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. 9; For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth."

Isaiah 40:31; "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as easgles; they shall run, and not be wearwy; and they shall walk, and not faint."

:D :D
Edwin

Re: Wait On The Lord

Postby Edwin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:54 pm

We are to not only wait, but we are to run. "They that wait upon the Lord shall..." and they are going to mount up, walk, and run.

Patience is often portrayed as being inactive, or passive, but often patience is active, and we persevere and move on to claim the victory, overcoming in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, whom we love and serve.

Hebrews 12:1; "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2; Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faiht; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

We are to consider Jesus and his sacrifice so that we will not be weary in our minds. We have not resisted to the point of bleeding striving against sin. The Lord might chastise us, but He does that because He loves us!

Psalm 37: 34; "Wait on the Lord, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it." The end of the upright and perfect man is peace. That does not mean sinless perfection, but perfect in
God's sight is like the Psalmist David, having a heart pure towards God, with sins covered under His grace.

Why did Noah find grace in the eyes of the Lord? It was because he loved God's way, and he hated the debauchery of the evil world that he lived in. God found a man in Noah who was worthy of saving from the judgement of water coming on the world to destroy evil men that were in that society. Noah was a preacher of righteousness.

Jesus is standing at our heart's doors, and He is knocking, asking to come in. He wants to clean us up and make our lives new for His glory. "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20; :D :D
Edwin

Re: Wait On The Lord

Postby Edwin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 pm

There is an old church song, "He Brought Me Out," which talks about the Lord bringing us up out of the miry clay, he sets my feet on the rock to stay, and so goes the song. Psalms 40: 1-5, has those words in those scriptures:

Psalms 40: 1; "I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 2; He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and sert my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3; And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise utno our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. 4; Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies."

As we are in heaven around God's throne, we will sing a new song, and that is spoken of in the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

David said in Psalm 25: 5; "Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. 6; Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old. 7; Remember ont the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord. 8; Good and upright is the Lord: thererfore will he teach sinnners in the way."

Isaiah 8: 17; "And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him."
:D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum