private message (pm) notification problem?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

private message (pm) notification problem?

Postby tom » Tue May 07, 2013 10:57 am

i logged in today (may 7th) and i was SURPRISED to see a private message dated january 31, 2013... i was VERY surprised because, in the past, i've always received an email from jaderune notifying me that i have a private message... i'm wondering what happened this time (?!?!)... and i'm hoping the sweet, sensitive girl who sent the message wasn't offended and didn't get her feelings hurt by my unintentional lack of response...
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Re: private message (pm) notification problem?

Postby Edwin » Tue May 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Tom, you may have already considered this, but it is possible that the problem might be with your e-mail account. Strange things happen and often important e-mail is considered spam by whoever has control of that, and it goes into your spam folder, and if you are like me, I never look in my spam folder, then after so many days it gets automatically dumped. I'm not sure what else might happen, but maybe there are other possibilities.

Also when I log into jaderune.com in the forum here, at the top of this page where it says, "User Control Panel ( 0 new messages)" or it might say "(1 new message)" or it might say "(2 new messages)" or however many new messages, and then View you posts. I wouldn't need that notification because I always look at the top of the page and I don't need my e-mail to alert me, although that is fine when it does, but I know as soon as I log into the forum if I have a Private Message.

Other than that, and if there is another problem then the people who maintain this site would have to trouble shoot that. :D :D
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:35 pm

As far as I know, those email messages from the forum are automated, and neither I nor anyone else who has access to the control settings can manipulate those messages. So it may be as Edwin has stated.....the email may have gone to your junk folder and been deleted after 10 days.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby jadegil6 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:46 pm

I just tested the system by sending a pm to one of my dummy accounts I have set up to catch spammers/scammers, and it seems to be working because I did get an automated email from jaderune@jaderune.com telling me that I had a pm waiting for me on the forum.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Return to General Forum