Filipina Culture

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Filipina Culture

Postby tom » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:21 am

red wrote:Amen to that Cris.....

Ladies if you get to marry a guy who trusts you about money...lucky for you... :lol: But learn to budget carefully it's a hard earn money you should be thoughtful also of your partner who works hard for it. ;)
    hi mrs. red,
    i assume, from your previous posts, your husband is a "westerner".... so i wonder and i am curious, does he give you ALL of the money to budget and spend?... that is very unusual in the west because too many women here do not know how to budget and save money (and "live below their means")... too often women spend and spend frivolously and the family goes into debt... sometimes they can even end up losing their home (through foreclosure) and getting a divorce because the wife can not budget and save some of the income "for a rainy day".... (maybe that "rainy day" will never come, but it is wise to save some... just in case it does)....
    the following is a quote from a filipina who lives in the usa many years and is married to an american white man:
    "he (my american husband) had been married two times before, and i wondered what could have happened in his previous marriages, but after i came to america, i soon realized what had happened. The women here in america see things a lot differently than back home in the philippines. HERE IN AMERICA, THEY SEEM TO NEVER GET ENOUGH OF ANYTHING... IN MY VIEW, AMERICAN WOMEN DON'T APPRECIATE THEIR MEN... AND THEY ARE SOME OF THE MOST UNHAPPY PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET"...
    let me wipe away the tears from my eyes and say if ever i can marry a filipina, i hope she will understand the reasons why i can not easily let her be in absolute control of the income and budget, (as it is in filipino culture)... hmmmm?... maybe if she is "ilocano"/"pangasinan" (and/ or "rural") :lol: i will be able to trust her to be frugal and wise with the budget :lol: :lol: :lol:... MAYBE :lol: ...
    i think it is better (for me) to talk with my wife about the budget and hope we will not argue too much :lol: ... and, if we do argue, i hope there will be a lot of sweet love-making for us to "make-up" and to heal our emotional hurts :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby red » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Ha! It's a private matter so, let's keep that way. :)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby crisipicada » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:57 pm

red wrote:Ha! It's a private matter so, let's keep that way. :)

It is very true. Oh my, it is hard to find money so i spend wisely every centavo that God has intrusted me especially that i am not in good health.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:44 pm

When my wife earns the money she spends it the way she wants to. She is very generous towards our kids and grandkids, and me as well. I try to keep everything going, bills paid etc with what money I have. We have been married almost 43 years. We only knew each other about three weeks before we got married. It was love at first sight. I only saw her a few times during that time period before we were married. We don't believe in divorce either. For us it is for as long as you both shall live. We were accused of getting married because she was pregnant, which was not true, it was 2 years before we had our identical twins. We have family and friends connected to the Philippines. Carol's brother and wife lives on Giumarios Island, and we have friends who have a house in Amlan and relatives in Tugas. My wife went to the Philippines with them and to be with her brother in 2006, but I couldn't go. I am coming to these places this coming October 16, 2010 until October 31st, not long enough, but I am going with my friend and his wife from Tugas, and their place is in Amlan on the beach. My brother-in-law is coming from Giumarios Island to pick me up, so I can spend part of the time with them. It should be fun! :) It is my friend and his wife's vacation time, so I am going and coming with them. They are very good friends.
Edwin

Postby m&m » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Edwin wrote:When my wife earns the money she spends it the way she wants to. She is very generous towards our kids and grandkids, and me as well. I try to keep everything going, bills paid etc with what money I have. We have been married almost 43 years. We only knew each other about three weeks before we got married. It was love at first sight. I only saw her a few times during that time period before we were married. We don't believe in divorce either. For us it is for as long as you both shall live. We were accused of getting married because she was pregnant, which was not true, it was 2 years before we had our identical twins. We have family and friends connected to the Philippines. Carol's brother and wife lives on Giumarios Island, and we have friends who have a house in Amlan and relatives in Tugas. My wife went to the Philippines with them and to be with her brother in 2006, but I couldn't go. I am coming to these places this coming October 16, 2010 until October 31st, not long enough, but I am going with my friend and his wife from Tugas, and their place is in Amlan on the beach. My brother-in-law is coming from Giumarios Island to pick me up, so I can spend part of the time with them. It should be fun! :) It is my friend and his wife's vacation time, so I am going and coming with them. They are very good friends.

Filipino culture is amazing. One thing that filipino culture differs form each other is that: they have close family ties. The members of the family are helping each other and supporting one another in terms of monetary and also moral support.I don't believe in divorce, either. I believe in the sanctity of marriage.Even to the point that married couple got separated, still love remains and in the end, they reconcile. filipina women are sweet and loving to their partner,and that's what filipina should be proud of. :)
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby crisipicada » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:16 am

I am glad that i do the budgeting when i was with my late father. Every week he sets aside a certain amount and do the budget what to buy.
Most of Filipina are the one who budget the income of the family. The wife make proportion on how to spend the money. As much as income is concerned, it is important to give importance to save at least 10-20% of the income for emergency cases like hospitalization. Save for the uncertain times.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:04 am

crisipicada wrote:I am glad that i do the budgeting when i was with my late father. Every week he sets aside a certain amount and do the budget what to buy.
Most of Filipina are the one who budget the income of the family. The wife make proportion on how to spend the money. As much as income is concerned, it is important to give importance to save at least 10-20% of the income for emergency cases like hospitalization. Save for the uncertain times.

Our daughters do the bugeting for their families. They are good with money; I taught them! :) hahahaha. Actually I think they learned by example, and they might have been good bugeters anyway. If their husbands controled the money they would buy toys and spend the money foolishly and then wonder why they didn't have enough money. Their husbands understand, and they know that is true, and they are happy to let their wives take care of the money. They talk together about what they need, what they need to do, and the husbands ask for money if they need something. Sometimes they are told that the money is not there, or that they should wait, or that they should do something different. They are happier I am convinced with the way they handle things. :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby boney594 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Our daughters do the bugeting for their families. They are good with money; I taught them! :) hahahaha. Actually I think they learned by example, and they might have been good bugeters anyway. If their husbands controled the money they would buy toys and spend the money foolishly and then wonder why they didn't have enough money. Their husbands understand, and they know that is true, and they are happy to let their wives take care of the money. They talk together about what they need, what they need to do, and the husbands ask for money if they need something. Sometimes they are told that the money is not there, or that they should wait, or that they should do something different. They are happier I am convinced with the way they handle things. :) :) :) :)[/quote]

The above sounds like the perfect situation, as long as both people are responsible with the money. I do not like doing the budget each month, I would much rather let someone else do it.
boney594

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:01 am

Budgeting is an important job, and it is very nice if the people affected understand and are happy with the results. Someone has to oversee what happens with the money so that it will last to do what is needed. It is not a happy situation for anyone when people want to live beyond what they earn. When that happens trouble is not far off. It someone will buget and the other/others are happy to live with that it is a great benefit. :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby wantingmore » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:40 am

Filipina as a wife is very desirable.
wantingmore

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum