The New Morality, Immorality and Morality

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:04 am

Introduction

We are living in the last days; times when men are trying to change the standards and moral codes that have been set down centuries ago by God.
God is holy and just and changes not; neither will His standards adapt to meet the imaginary “progressiveness” of the twentieth century.
The so-called “new morality” professes to restate codes of conduct in the light of modern knowledge and science, when in actually it returns to the morality of Romans 1:18, 24, 28. Instead of progress, it is retrogression.

I The New Morality

Proponents of the new morality suggest two “alternative lifestyles.”
1. For unmarried people to live together as husband and wife on a “trial marriage” basis to test their ability to live happily together.
2. For married people to go outside the marriage bond and enjoy extramarital relationships to satisfy their unfulfilled lust.
This teaching says that if one indulges in these sexual experiences ( in or out of marriage) that it will give you the ability to feel at one with the universe and with God! What utter and reprehensible nonsense.
They say that right and wrong are relative terms, with the standard being the desires (needs) of man rather than the strict codes of the law.
They say that sex is an expression of love and should not be prohibited or curtailed.
Homosexuality (or lesbianism) is merely an expression of love between members of the same sex, and therefore should be legalized in order to let people express themselves to one another in a way that seems the most natural.
In the name of compassion the new morality condones adultery, fornication, etc.
However, the Scripture says, “Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap”; Galatians 6:7
Promiscuity leads to venereal disease and other problems.
The commands of the Lord still stand – Exodus 20:14 “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and Mark 10:19 “Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery.”
II Immorality
Sometimes we are sked: How can immorality destroy a nation? The answer is because immorality is sin, a transgression of the laws of God Almighty.
Proverbs 14:34 “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
The word “immorality” does not appear in the Scriptures but it has two basic meanings in modern usage: 1) Sexual impurity and 2) Deceit and falsehood.
1. Sexual impurity
a. Adultery – Forbidden in Exodus 20:14; sexual union when at least one partner is married.
b. Fornication – Forbidden in Acts 15:20; sexual union of unmarried people.
c. Effeminacy – Forbidden in 1 Corinthians 6:9; for a male to become like a woman, soft, delicate.
d. Masturbation – Forbidden in I Corinthians 6:9; “…. Abusers of themselves with mankind.”
e. Whoremongering – Forbidden in Ephesians 5:5; a man who practices fornication.
f. Inordinate affection – Forbidden in Colosians 3:5; doting love that is immoderate, excessive, intemperate and disordered.
g. Homosexual sin – Romans 1:27; the sin of sodomy, Genesis 19:5; men sexually involved with men.
h. Lesbianism – Romans 1:27; women sexually involved with other women.
i. Lewdness – Condemned in Judges 20:6; wicked thoughts and devices; licentiousness.
j. Nakedness – Exodus 32:25; the state of undress follows immorality and idolatry; caution against short skirts, low necklines and immodest bathing suits.
k. Divorce – The woman in John 4:17, 18, was living in adultery for she had five husbands and her present man was not her husband.
l. Evil sensual appetite – Condemned in Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:5; lustful, sensual desires.

2. Deceit and falsehood

a. Cheating – Condemned in Amos 8:5; giving short change and poor measure.
b. Dishonesty – Renounced in 2 Corinthians 4:2; shame, deceit, unfairness, unchaste.
c. Bribery – Fire to destroy bribery, Job 15:34; Amos 5:12; refuse bribes, Isaiah 33:15.
d. Gambling – The prodigal wasted his substance with riotous living, Luke 15:13
e. Corruption – 2 Peter 2:19, false teachers promise liberty but being servants of corruption they are unable to produce it. The child of God is to be delivered from the bondage of corruption, Romans 8:21.
f. Extortion – 1 Corinthians 6:10, says that extortioners shall not inherit the kingdom of God. The Scribes and Pharisees were condemned for being full of extortion by our Lord in Matthew 23:25 (extortion means to exact unlawfully).
g. Fraud – Condemned in James 5:4; Psalms 10:7; keeping back wages by trickery.
h. Slothfulness – Condemned in Proverbs 15:19; 19:24; 21:25; 22:13; 24:30; 26:13-15. Romans 12:11 “ Be not slothful (lazy, indolent) in business.” Wasting the master’s time, property and business.
3. Distinction between morality and immorality
Sometimes this is hard to decipher but God uses His plumbline in Amos 7:7-8; and He, judging the heart, is able to discern between black and white, good and evil, dark and light grey. Learn to respect God’s plumbline!
4. How immorality destroys a nation
a. Only righteousness can exalt a nation, Proverbs 14:34. God honors those who honor Him with clean, pure, upright lives.
b. Sin is a reproach to any people, Proverbs 14:34, “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
c. Immorality eats away the heart of the nation: Daniel 5:30-31, immoral Belshazzar gives way to Darus; Babylon to Media-Persia. The great Roman Empire disintegrated through internal moral corruption.
d. God cannot tolerate immorality – Habakkuk 1:13 “Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity.”
e. God blesses morality (Deuteronomy 28:1-14) and punishes immorality (Deuteronomy 28:15-68)
f. Immorality cannot be hidden from God – Numbers 32:23 “Be sure sin will find you out.”
g. A possible result of the new morality would be a plague of venereal disease.
h. Morality leads to heaven – Luke 10:27, 28 “This do, and thou shalt live.”
Immorality leads to damnation – Revelation 21:8.

III God’s Standard of Morality

The Apostle Paul rebuked the Church at Corinth because of immorality, 1 Corinthians 5:1, for a member had his stepmother as his wife.
We have been called to glorify God in our bodies (1 Corinthians 6:20), and this can only be done as we maintain the standards of holiness and righteousness set forth in the Holy Bible, particularly in the Ten Commandments.
Romans 1:18 condemns the new morality and all immorality with these words, “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men.”
God’s standard of morality is set forth in 1 Peter 1:15,16 “But as He which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I (the Lord God) am holy, “Leviticus 11:44; 19:2; 20:7. This standard is also set forth in the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5:48, “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”
As Christians we have been called on to renounce the 17 works of the flesh enumerated in Galatians 5: 19-21, and to bear the ninefold fruit of Galatians 5:22,23.

1 John 2:17 teaches that the lusts of the flesh will pass away but he that does the will of God shall abide forever.
1 Timothy 5:22 “…neither be partakers of other men’s sins: Keep thyself pure.”
This would include both external purity (committing acts of immorality) but also internal purity in the realm of the mind, Matthew 5:28. This is why the Apostle Paul says in 1 Corinthians 7:1, “It is good for a man not to touch a woman.” Girls: Don’t let a fellow touch you until you are married.

Conclusion

The so-called new morality is putting women back hundreds of years by giving a free rein to the lusts of evil men.
The late Dr. J.D. Unwin in Sex and Culture, confirmed scientifically the historic fact that productive social energy is proportionate to the sexual discipline by the two previous generations. His investigations covered the customs of 80 primitive peoples and 16 civilizations over a period of 40 centuries. There were no exceptions.
Rev. Harold J. Ockenga in the Sunday School Times says, “The answer to the New Morality is not only theological but personal. It lies in a clean heart, made so by the cleansing blood of Christ, 1 John 1:7,9; in a commitment to the will of God, to abstain from fornication (immorality), 1 Thessalonians 4:3”
Let us accept our liberty in Christ as liberty to resist all immorality and never as license to cater to the lusts and whims of the flesh.
LESSON # 100 OF ALBAN DOUGLAS

This was my meditation during lunch time. So i try to type it here so that our hearts and mind will be enlighten. I hope that this will open our minds and make a better choice in life. It will save a lot of trouble when we take hid to His word.
:D :D :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: The New Morality, Immorality and Morality

Postby mystic » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:04 am

There are laws for the simpleton, laws for the priests, laws for the Levites, etc. Some laws are very specific and, if you don't belong to a type of group, they are not meant for you. Christians have the noachide laws; Jews have the 613 precepts.

What is clear is that God commands us to have a law and respect it. Now, how divine law matches natural law and common law is a conjecture that lasts from centuries.

For the observant, there are many levels of law. In the beginning, he does not have a clear understanding why he should not do something or should do something else. So, he observes because of fear. When he becomes more spiritual and starts getting an understanding, he observes because of love. The law, then, becomes different and changes with him. We would like the law to be something fixed, to give us surety, but indeed it is subject to "interpretation". And there are many levels of interpretation (simple, parable, metaphor, mystical), depending on the development of the person.

It is sure that all the western world is spoiling, because common law distances too much from divine law. Lusts are "foreign gods". When one enthrones his lusts over himself, he is ruled by foreign gods, and therefore commits idolatry. Falsehood most often today is just the outcome of the lack in perceiving reality correctly. We think that we can do all, in the name of liberty, but we fail to see the consequences. We are still short-sighted, we lack the enlightenment that such a freedom needs in order to work.

Somebody said: The greatest achievement of the devil is to let modern people believe that it does not exist.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Crisi and mystic, this is a pertinent subject that has a lot of bearing on our every day lives. Crisi, you did a really nice job of outlining every thing we believe on this subject according to the Bible. When I was in Bible College they were calling it situational ethics, meaning that in one situation it might be wrong and in another situation it might be correct. This is kind of like relativity. Everything is relative, and there is no right and there is no wrong. We take our standards from the Bible, and it is our measurement. From it we find that there is right and there is wrong, and it is all outlined in the Bible. :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:06 am

I need an expert to answer this maybe Sir Ed can enlighten this query. I know masturbation is forbidden. I am asking in behalf of those other married couples. How about those married couples that in foreplay involves a bit of masturbation not necessarily doing it wholly in entire lovemaking. :?:
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby red » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:11 am

Scientifically, human body somehow needs to release the "you know" how about you just feel it not even thinking a thing that urged it.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:45 am

What I think, Red, is that there are logical reasons for God's standards of morality. The way we live is to bring glory to God. God wants man to procreate, have babies, raise children, and that is one of the main purposes of the sex act for us, men and women. That, I think, is the reason why being gay or being lesbian is so wrong. It goes directly against God purposes for men and women. Beyond the act of sex having the purpose of leading to having and raising children, it is also for the pupose of bringing joy to the man and the woman. The man's job is the pleaure the woman, make her feel good, help her come into a state of sexual fulfillment. The woman's job is to pleasure the man, make him feel good, and help him come into the state of sexual fulfillment. That is why I think masturbation is wrong. It is a selfish act that does nothing to contribute to any other human being. Why just play with yourself, and take what pleasure you can, when you can give another pleasure, and get pleasure in return. The man should be doing the woman, and the woman should be doing the man, and within the bounds of marriage. Violating God's laws does bring sin, sickness, and death. I had a second cousin whom I didn't even know, and wouldn't have known about him, except that my aunt talked with my wife, Carol, and I about him, after Carol and I had been married for years. His name was David also, and he was gay, had a gay partner, and died of aids. Does that sound like a familiar story? Well Carol had a first cousin who was also gay, had a gay partner for years, and died of aid. Coincidence? No, I don't think so. They commited sin, and God brought His wrath down upon them, and they paid for their sins with death.

Crisi, you talked about the STDs. I believe that those diseases are God's judgment on young people for promiscious living. You can't dable in sin and get by with it. There is a heavy price to pay, and that price is death. God does not want people having sex with animals. He does not want them violating their marriage vows, commiting adultery. He does not want them commiting fornication. In this country at one time homosexuality, gays and lesbians were executed, put to death. Now our society just allows them to run rampent with these sins, and spread diseases so many people die as a result, rather than executing a few of them, and cutting down on the diseases. Stricter laws, better morals, better family rules kept our society more disease free.

Many years ago we watched a news type program on television. There was this young white lady in one of the Southern USA states, and its been long enough ago so that I cant remember which one. Any way, the young white lady wearing not enough to satisfy common descency rules walked by this house with a large front room window. Inside was a black man who was watching the lady walking by, and he was masturbating! The police moved in, arrested him, and took him to jail! They probably should have also taken the young lady to jail as well for flaunting her seminude physic! So morality according to God's laws is important, and there are some very good reasons apart from the fact theat it is against God's laws. Being against God's laws is reason enough to refrain, but there are some good reasons for those laws!

So, Red, to answer your question, I think what the man does to the women to help her feel good, and what the woman does to the man to help him feel good is okay, but the man shouldn't be doing it to himself, and the woman shouldn't be doing it to herself. Maybe the woman might need to jump start the man so that it can work for her; like get it put in, and get it stsarted, huh? :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Thank you for the enlightenment sir. That is the good thing about being married is you get to "play" with your spouse whenever and however you like it. :lol:
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Red, you are welcome to my thoughts on this subject! :D :D
Edwin

Postby mystic » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:52 am

Seeing how this topic is going to an excess, I would like to add my 2 penny idea.

We should separate spirituality, from religion, from ethics, etc. I admit that I recognize the value of good ethics/morality, especially after some very bad experiences. But they have nothing to do with God, really. Discourses on morality concern strictly natural law.

Somebody thinks that God wants this or that. If God really had a wish, He could not be God any longer, because He would be partial. Instead, He keeps steady in His place and is immutable for definition. It's human beings that ascribe wishes to Him.

The religious person should be interested in ways to lift praises to the Lord, ways to pray, not discourses on what moral behavior is right and what is wrong. That pertains to another branch of knowledge. Many religions have cluttered the religious field with lot of non-sense. So, today we have devoted Muslims who go to bomb people because they think they will get a place in Paradise. Again... God is completely indifferent to those things. They are human matters.

Indeed, it's good and appreciable to have a good moral conduct. The Bible touches different aspects. It is called Torah, i.e. Law. So, nothing wrong with that. We just should be aware that there are many different fields involved, and not use the word "God" in vain where it does not pertain.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Well, mystic, you have a lot of great ideas, and I think you are reasonable in your dealings with everyone. I think on some subjects we have to be contented to agree to disagree. One of these subjects is morality/immorality. Many of us would say that new morality is simply old immorality. Also whether it would be called situational ethics, or relative ethics, that all describes immorality, and also includes mans' attempt to white wash sin, and call bad good.

I am not going to try to repeat Crisi's study, because she did a very thorough job of her study on ethics and morality/immorality. But, I think that God has a lot to do with morality, and that he cares about that. The ten commandments are about morality, and God laws concerning the subject of morality/immorality. In Exodus 35 idolatry and immorality was involved and God was very concerned about what the people were doing.

God is concerned about ethics, morality, and idolatry, and He set down laws about those subjects, and He punished people for breaking those laws.

If anyone has any questions about how God looks at morality they just need to read what Crisi has written on the subject. :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum