Jesus is the Son of God

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Jesus is the Son of God

Postby crisipicada » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:40 pm

1 John 2:22-23

King James Version (KJV)

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby mystic » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:21 am

I think nobody denies the Son :)

I see that you use the modern way of representing body, spirit and soul. The ancient way was to put them, in order of importance, as body, spirit and soul (the soul being the connection with God). Modern reinterpretation puts them as body, soul and spirit.

Just as a curiosity, I would like to say that they are all a simplification from the Bible. In Hebrew, there are 6 terms to represent the human being, not 3. They traduced different words with the same term in order to reach the 3 that we know (body, spirit and soul). Maybe this was done to refer to the trinity, but it is not what the Bible says.

1. Guf (body): the material shell, subject to death
2. Nefesh (lower animal soul): the seat of instincts, passions, urges; it is very connected to the bodily needs and allows the body to stay in a vegetative state
3. Ruach (spirit): one's energy, thought, breath; the seat of the spirit is in the blood, as described in the Bible. The spirit is subject to death.
4. Neshamah (upper soul): this is the divine spark of God in us; this is what makes us men (different from animals); not everybody is aware of it and conducts a life like a soulless animal; only cultivating it properly, one can develop it and bond to God. You can see the Neshamah (which we could define as the innermost strings of a person) in great men, because when it becomes revealed, you always have a sense of a superior things. See Jesus, the geniuses, the people who changed the world. The Neshamah is immortal.
5. Chaya ("living"): this is a sort of higher eternal spirit of existence; it's difficult to define, because most people will never know it.
6. Yekida ("union"): this is the part that is always bonded to God. Here, we are one with God, we don't have an identity ourselves. We will experience this condition of our soul after the final judgment.

Usually, our Bibles translate Nefesh and Neshamah as "soul". Chaya and Yekida are translated in many different ways (but never the right way): spirit, soul, wind, force, etc.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Christ was both human and God at the same time. He was the God/man. He laid aside many of his attributes when he took on the form of a man, no one can fully explain this union or understand it, but the Bible teaches it and therefore I must believe it, though I will never completely understand it in this life, mystic, do you believe in air ? the answer is yes but you don't see it, but you know it is there we take air by faith
crisipicada

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:35 pm

We will never fully understand everything in this life, because our minds are subject to the fall and the Bible is both flawless, and infinite so how can a flawed mind that is even saved fully understand everything in the bible. It is impossible. now can you imagine this person who clearly is unsaved, understand even the basic truths of Gods word. He is a fool and does not even know it.
crisipicada

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Look in Romans chapter one it says when they became wise then their foolish hearts were darkened. The natural mind can not receive the things of God because they are spiritually discerned.

If someone does not accept the Bible as the very word of God, then there is not much I can do for them. The Bible is our wellspring of truth, and if a person refuses to drink from that one well spring, he does it at his own peril.

For Christians, have you ever witnessed to a person and they reject God's truth? then it becomes their problem not yours/ we can not save anyone, just witness to the truth that we both know and have experienced by the grace of God
crisipicada

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 pm

The Bible says after the first and second admonish leave them alone. if a person absolutely sets themselves against the truth of God, then they must answer before God for that rejection. we just witness to the truth, we can not convince,convict, or save, only God can do that.

Actually that lifts the burdens from our shoulders when we witness to other people . All we have to do is give the gospel and let the Holy spirit do the rest .
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:46 am

The wisdom of God is far beyond what man or woman can understand. We look through a glass darkly, but then we will see clearly, face to face. Even the best of us lacks understanding because we have finite minds, meaning they are liimited. Not being able to understand Gods truths is compared to being spiritually blind. Our spiritual eyes are opened by the Holy Spirit when He reveals God's truth, then we begin to understand, but we will never fully understand in this life, but only after we go to the other side.

The Holy Spirit is spoken of in John chapter 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9: Of sin, because they believe not in me; 10; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Jesus said that He had many things He wanted to say to them, but they could not bear them, and He went on to say that the Holy Spirit would reveal those truths to them after Jesus would send the Holy Spirit into the world to be inside the Christians who would accept Him. :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum