What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby Edwin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:29 pm

I got out and walked fairly early against this morning, and that is important during August when the days are as hot as they are. One day I had the alarm set by accident, and I decided it was a good idea to set the alarm, and make sure to get up early as long as it is as hot as it is. Two mornings I woke up at about 4:45 a.m., and this morning was one of them. I have been gathering weeds for the chickens and turkeys to eat, but our neighbors turned all their cows out there for a few days, and they ate all the weeds I had been pulling for the birds, but that's okay, as they will dry up in this heat before long anyway. So the walk was good as usual, and walking that early Scooby is glad to go the entire 6.5 miles. Twice lately he got too hot and too tired. Both times it rained early in the day, so I waited, thinking it would still be cool, but it wasn't cool enough. One day we made 5.5 miles before he gave up, and the other more recent time he only made 2.5 miles, and he was finished. Scooby stares at me, and I know when that happens he is finished, then he sits down, if we are there very long he lays down, and then I say, "hey Scooby, let's go home," and he jumps up, and we head for home. When I know he is too hot and too tired, I will not try to get him to walk any further, and that is okay, because I walk every chance I have which is most of the time. :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby m&m » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Had a surprise audit last two days ago, and thanks that all turn out good. Thanks be to God!
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:39 pm

M & M, God was watching over you, and I am very happy that your audit turned out well. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Again I woke up before 5 a.m., and got out to walking early. I think my big doggie Scooby is trying to pull a fast one on me! We just finished the first round, and while starting on the second round he stopped along the tall weeds and stared at me! I gave him a little time, then I coaxed him across the road and got him started walking again. I figured that early he should not be hot and tired yet, as it really wasn't a hot day, and then it was early. So he threatened to stop after we had completed 5.5 miles, and I decided to try to encourage him to go, because now I think he is playing a game with me. If I thought he really was hot and tired, I would go right home with him, but I don't think he was, and we managed to finish the entire 6.5 miles. It is borderline hot okay, and I know that because his pace was slow, making a longer time to cover the 6.5 miles. I just play it by ear, and as long as I can get out that early I think we will be okay for the entire distance, but if he really is hot and tired, I will not make him walk. It is funny that he wants to return home so early, because when he knows I am ready to walk, he starts crying and barking, because he is so anxious to get started on the walking, or else he is just craving the treats he knows I am going to give him while I am putting his harness/horse haulter on him! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Chas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Ok - now it is my turn :lol:

Work underway on the path and raised bed. Path will be sloping up to ease the passage of the lawn mower into the shed.

ChickenHouse02.JPG
ChickenHouse02.JPG (166.31 KiB) Viewed 11684 times
Last edited by Chas on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chas

Postby Chas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Hard work on the path is over :D

ChickenHouse03.JPG
ChickenHouse03.JPG (141.52 KiB) Viewed 11684 times

ChickenHouse04.JPG
ChickenHouse04.JPG (186.09 KiB) Viewed 11684 times

ChickenHouse05.JPG
ChickenHouse05.JPG (167.44 KiB) Viewed 11684 times

Blue slug pellets on the soil to try and protect my Marigolds and Lettuce. Really easy now to get my lawn mower into and out of the shed. A toad lives under the paving slab propped up near the raised bed, shame as I want to move the paving slab, but I will leave it there for the time being.

I have a bit more work filling sand bags with concrete and using them to reinforce the banks of the stream at the bottom of the garden. I will then put down some turf to repair the ground where the concrete has been mixed.

Very satisfying to complete another part of the garden.
Chas

Postby red » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:31 pm

I like your little garden there chas...be careful not to mess up the title of the pictures...he he
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Red, I think Chas is going to keep chickens in his garden shed! hahahahahaha :D :D

This is very nice, and thank u, Chas 4 sharing these photos with all of us! :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Today as before I got up early to get an early start before the heat on our walk with the doggies, so that Scooby will be able to walk the entire 6.5 miles. Since this is one of our two hot months of the year, Scooby walks very slowly on our last 2 miles, as he is already hot and tired, but if I get up early he does make it, it is just a slow walk. When I walked in the evening the last years before this one, he would walk very slowly the first 2 miles as it was still hot then, but by the last round he was trying to run with me, so his pace is according to the temperature. He is a Swiss Mountain Rescue Dog, and he loves the cold and the snow, but he can't take the heat. I keep a light on in his house in the winter especially at lower temperatures with the wind blowing, but that is for me, not for him, because I can't bear thinking he might be cold, but he is not cold, but if I have his light on I don't have to worry about him. During the winter when the wind and the snow is blowing, and I leave his light on, he reads a book all night long! hahahahaha :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:59 pm

I go to bed fairly late, and I get up really early too, so I usually sit in my chair sometime during the day and sleep. We have been watching movies a lot, and we may have to back off on the movies for a while so that we can get some things accomplished! After breakfast is the ideal time to get out and do things that need accomplished as by that time of the day it is still cool, relatively speaking; it is always hot as far as Carol is concerned! I get a little piano playing in during the day, which really lifts my spirits as the songs I play are out of church song/hymnal books! :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum