My Bathroom

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: My Bathroom

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:50 am

chickenHouse 160reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 160reduced.jpg (73.15 KiB) Viewed 12062 times

Here are the toilet and the bathroom sink and useable!
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:55 am

chickenHouse 161reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 161reduced.jpg (61.59 KiB) Viewed 12062 times

I got this towel rack for almost nothing at a thrift store, and the wall hanging is from one of our twins for my bathroom wall, and you will see another bathroom wall hanging that is from the other twin; yes both of them contributed to the beauty of my bathroom!
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:59 am

chickenHouse 162reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 162reduced.jpg (63.78 KiB) Viewed 12062 times

I understand what you mean, Chas and Red. I was puzzled for a short time, but I see the name chicken house is applied to many pictures as we didn't change the name of the file into which the pictures were being saved! Pretty funny, huh? hahahahahahah :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:03 am

chickenHouse 163reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 163reduced.jpg (62.37 KiB) Viewed 12062 times

I installed the mirrors, and took pictures of them before realizing that one of them is so much covered with dust that it is almost unusable, but a quick swip with the duster will fix that. These mirrors have been leaning against the wall in our living room since last December! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:06 am

chickenHouse 164reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 164reduced.jpg (65.53 KiB) Viewed 12062 times

This nice bath towel rack I got for free from the recylcing center/dump where I used to work. I think it is beautiful and adds a lot to the bathroom! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:12 am

chickenHouse 165reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 165reduced.jpg (84.74 KiB) Viewed 12061 times

This is what you see when you look inside my bathroom from my bedroom; I will clean that mirror shortly! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:14 am

chickenHouse 166reduiced.jpg
chickenHouse 166reduiced.jpg (90.59 KiB) Viewed 12061 times

Same view, just a closer shot! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:25 am

chickenHouse 167reduced.jpg
chickenHouse 167reduced.jpg (86.55 KiB) Viewed 12061 times

I apologize for my appearance here. I have been working, so I am wearing dirty and ragged clothes! I am now ready to go to church, so I am all nicely groomed, clean, and presentable! I have a wonderful, beautiful bathroom now, thanks to the help of my kids who helped me a lot with this project. The twins two husbands helped with the green rock, and getting the water available for the bathroom, and our youngest daughter came here two different days, and did most of the work with a little help from me and her daughter as well as a friend. The green rock installation was my birthday present, the labor anyway, as I bought the materials and paid their gasoline bill to come her, and the husband of our twin who lives her did some of the water work. Our youngest daughter actually did the most work with installing the bathtub, toilet, and I did most of the plumbing and installing of the bathroom sink. So it was a concerted effort, all contributed some, and our youngest daughter actually did the most, as well as doing all the finishing touched. It was very nice of all of them, and especially our youngest daughter's contribution to this project. Now I have a wonderful, and beautiful bathroom. Our youngest daughter is going to do some tile work on the walls above the bathtub so that I can take showers without damaging the wall. It is all very nice, and a lot of fun! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24 am

It is okay Sir Edwin, perhaps you were confused which picture is which when you uploaded it. Thanks for sharing your bathroom here it is gorgeous.

I have a dream house that I always imagine and I have drawn it already. I am collecting ideas from magazines and online. But that house will be built in the Philippines, God willing. It will be mine and my husband's retirement house.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:40 pm

I am very happy to hear about your plans to build in the Philippines for a retirement for you and your husband. I love the Philippines, and I would love to live there the rest of my life, like Carol's brother did, but Carol is afraid to fly, so that would be pretty difficult. I can still dream about it anyway! Thanks for the compliment, Red, and yes, now it is very nice. When we moved this house it was terrible, and I paid very little for it. To be honest with you I have been sorry that I ever bought it, because we lived in a house 28 feet by about 100 feet, the last place we lived before moving here, as one room was built on, and was an extention to the regular 28 by 70, or in this case 100 feet. We loved it, and we got spoiled, and that is what we wanted, but this is what we found, and the price was right, and Carol is happy that it is not any larger than it is, because she doesn't feel well a lot of the time with deteriorating health.

What we had here the first winter was broken and boarded over windows! We had a front door that was only partially attached, so we had to hang a blanket over it, and not use it only when we had to carry anything in or out, and only then when we had to. We had rotten floors, with holes broken through them because of flood damage before we got this place. Both bathrooms were horrible, tubs with pieces broken out of the bottom of them, both toilets in this house were literally falling through the floor! Sinks were trashed, but able to be used, by carrying water. We had no water in the house, only what we carried in buckets and jugs! First Carol's bathroom became beautiful the first year. My bathroom was able to be used part of the time, except when I tore up the room to repair it. Now both bathrooms are beautiful. You know how people live in the Philippines, well, Carol's brother and filipina came from the Philippines, told us that they were too depressed to see our low living conditions, and they would not even stay with us, because Carol's brother told us it depressed him too much to see how we were living. We were living below most people's living standards in the Philippines! We worked on the house a lot, and 3 years later when Carol's brother was in the process of dying from cancer, he did stay with us, and that was very nice. I think he was impressed how much we had improved the place until he no longer was offended by our low living standards. We were still carrying water, but even since he died, we have improved things here a lot, and that feels really good! :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum