What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby Edwin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Yes, Crisi, I will also pray for your Uncle Edgar that the Lord will help him regain his health. Yes, cancer seems to pervaid our society, and some recover while others leave this world.

Red, I know what you are talking about with those electric bills. My sister gave us 2 airconditioners, and during the hot afternoons we ran both of them, and we could definately see the results on the electic bill! It has cooled off here for us lately, and we haven't had them on much lately, which is nice to be cool enough without them. For a while it was miserably hot here! Here we feel almost like fall is here and winter is coming!

My teeth bothered me, like I had chewed too much meat too often for a short period of time, and my teeth hurt me especially at night, keeping me from sleeping. A couple of nights ago I didn't sleep almost the entire night, then I napped a little to make up for it. I forgot to set the alarm, so I woke up very late, almost the time I would be finishing my walk when I get out on time. I thought my doggie Scooby would get too hot and too tired, but it was cool this morning, so Scooby walked the full distance, and he didn't complain! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:03 pm

We are having company, my younger sister, and her two half filipino grandkids. It is fun for them to be here. After I returned from walking, and after I ate breakfast, I took a shower and put on clean clothes. Normally I don't do that, but with company coming, I decided, and Carol suggested, and I thought it was a good idea, because I looked ragged, I was dirty, and I didn't smell too nice either. The only company we had all day long until now was our oldest granddaughter who came in a couple of times, visited, helped Carol clean the house a little, told me how nice I looked, hugged, kissed, and left! But our company did arrive just a few minutes ago, so that is fun. Our youngest daughter and her older daughter are coming tomorrow to be with all of us, and that will be fun too! I did some unpleasant things today that needed to be done, and I had some plans that I have delayed because I could not feel/have peace while working on them and making my plans. I may still do what I was planning, but I was rushing too much, and feeling badly about what I was getting ready to do. I will take my time, not rush in, and see how it goes. :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:49 am

It has been stressful days looking for right sitter for right price. :( Maybe in due time will find one. :) Wish it is easy to invite a relative to come over from Philippines. I miss all the help we had from there.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby jadegil6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Red,
I know that many of my filipina friends who live in the US have brought relatives over, so it can be done. But I imagine it is not a speedy process, and it will cost some money for fees and transportation. But those costs might far exceed the costs you will incur to hire someone in the states. I used after school programs when my daughter was a child. Have you looked into what programs are available through your school district? The ones I found would care for her after school until I got off work, which meant I picked her up by 6 PM. They did not have care later than 6 or 6:30. It worked for us.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby red » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:43 am

Yes Sir Michael, there is for our first grade daughter but the second one is in head start and they don't offer like that program but they offer us sitter. The head start dismiss earlier than elementary so it will separate the two girls since school bus of either school won't go same route. We don't want the girls be separated though it can be done. Lots of sitter that willing to do the job but the price cuts off half of my salary for a day. We were looking for per week/3 days rate since the days of my work varies and it is only 3 to 4 days a week.
Been thinking to invite a relative to come over. And yes you are right it will benefit us a lot in the long run. Been stressful have a week to figure this all out or will miss the opportunity.
red

Postby jadegil6 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:26 pm

I hope that you can find a way to make it all work out right for you. Maybe you could talk to other moms of the kids who are in the class with your youngest, and possibly one of them could look after her until you get off work.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby red » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:23 am

Thank you for the suggestion Sir Michael. We have 2 moms lined up that we talked yesterday and another co worker of my husband said that friend of her daughter might be interested and lives closer to our place. Things getting brighter hopefully by weekend it will all locked up. Last night was unbelievable feeling for me because i noticed our older daughter is in precocious puberty. I spent time doing research about it. It is too young for 6 years old to start puberty. So now i have to let her start wearing those training bras. Wow, I'm getting old indeed. :lol:

Where is Sir Edwin? :?
red

Postby jadegil6 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:34 am

Puberty at 6 years old? That sounds unusual. I have a daughter, and seems like she was much older before that happened.
Glad to hear you may have some options for the after school care of your children.
I don't know where Sir Edwin is. Maybe he is taking a break or vacation. Let's hope that he is doing okay.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby red » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:29 am

We miss Sir Edwin here. Yes it is unusual for 6 years old starting puberty. So we called the doctor for our daughter check up appointment just blood test make sure it is just like any normal kids going thru that stage. It is so coincidence just when that happens my hair starts growing gray. :P
red

Postby Chas » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Gave my talk on the Sugar Cane Railways of Philippines to the local model engineering club. I don't think anyone fell asleep :lol:

Now Edwin has his tub he spends his time soaking :lol: no time for the forum :lol:
Chas

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum