5th Annual Christmas Sweepstakes

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

5th Annual Christmas Sweepstakes

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:13 pm

The Sweepstakes this year will be for three prizes of 3000 pesos each, paid out on December 21, 2013 in Php by a money transfer.

Rules are:
(1) All posts on the forum will count as one entry.
(2) If you win and you are a filipina, then you will be paid the money.
(3) If you win and you are not a filipina, then the prize will be paid to the Philippine chartity or citizen of your choice.
(4) Site Administrator (Michael) will keep track of the number of posts you make on the Forum between October 26 and December 21, 2013. Cut-off time will be at midnight, 12/21/13 at 12 PM Central Standard Time (US), which is the same as 2 PM on 12/22/13 in the Philippines. Each 30 word (or more) post will be counted as one entry, and entered under your name. Drawing will be within 24 hours of cutoff time, and winners notified by email and/or by forum announcement at that time. Payment will be made ASAP, hopefully no later than 12/24/13 (US time).
(5) All posts will count as one entry. Multiple posts per day ARE allowed, so if you make ten posts in one day, then you will get ten entries for that day. Any post that is less than 30 words will not be counted, because you need to make a realistic contribution to the forum, and not just be writing a few meaningless, nonsensical words to earn an entry.
(6) Void where prohibited. (which has never been an issue previously)

Good luck to everyone! And an Advance Merry Christmas! (So many of my Filipino friends already have their Christmas trees up!) :D
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: 5th Annual Christmas Sweepstakes

Postby Smiley » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:05 pm

This is once again a very good thing that you are doing.The need for financial support to the orphanage or the womens shelter are even more important now with the added competition of the earthquake relief efforts.The publicity that the earthquake is getting can really overshadow the existing needs of the very worthwhile charities that the sweepstakes have been supporting in the past.
Many thanks Michael,you are a good man.
Smiley

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Thank you Smiley, and the rules state that any filipina who wins gets the money, or if someone who is not a filipina wins, that they must donate the money to a filipina or to some charitable cause.
One gentleman who writes to me was asking me if I knew of some charity in the Philippines where he could do volunteer work, and I suggested to him to contact the Tebow Evangelistic Association, which is an organization started and operated by Tim Tebow's parents in Metro Manila. He said he got some leads from them of orphanages who may allow volunteers, but he did not say who they are. Hopefully, he will elaborate on this in his next email.
My hope is to sponsor a children's Christmas party this year in or around Inabanga, Bohol which is the town where the fault line moved which created the earthquake last month. There is a lot of devastation and despair there, and according to a close friend who was there 2 days ago, there are still lots of aftershocks there daily, which keep everyone traumatized, especially the kids. It may not seem like much, but it will give the kids a chance to have a little fun. I am still amazed at the number of people who I have met throughout the Philippines who never received a Christmas gift in their entire lifetimes, so a party which includes some gifts will be a memorable occasion for most of those children.
Best wishes to all of you, and good luck in the December drawing.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby lyrehc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:12 pm

I am very much thankful of our sweepstakes it help me alot last year i was one of the winner and i'm very happy to be part again of this sweepstakes entry......Thank you for all the sponsor God Bless to all.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:53 pm

There are not a lot of people entering the sweepstakes yet, and you will have a good chance to win another prize because you are earning one entry for each post you are making. There is only one sponsor of any of the sweepstakes I have, and that is me. I have to be fortunate enough to have enough work to be able to spare the money it takes to award cash prizes. So I have to thank God for blessing me with some work, and allowing me to continue to have this website and be able to sponsor a few sweepstakes from time to time. Thank you Lord. :)
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:00 pm

I have heard about that orphanage that the Tebow Association told my friend about, where he may be able to volunteer his time. It is called Samaritan's Place, and it is in Cavite. But this year, my goal is to help some of the children in Bohol who lives were affected by the quake. I am communicating with a friend in Tagbiliran, Bohol, and she is going to ask her church youth group to help as volunteers for this project. Now I have to do all I can to raise some money to make this party happen. Donations for this cause would be most helpful.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby cheryz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:37 pm

jadegil6 wrote:I have heard about that orphanage that the Tebow Association told my friend about, where he may be able to volunteer his time. It is called Samaritan's Place, and it is in Cavite. But this year, my goal is to help some of the children in Bohol who lives were affected by the quake. I am communicating with a friend in Tagbiliran, Bohol, and she is going to ask her church youth group to help as volunteers for this project. Now I have to do all I can to raise some money to make this party happen. Donations for this cause would be most helpful.

jadegil6 your such a kindhearted to our fellow filipinos out there, im just new here i read about your post and just amaze about what you did. for helping out the children even the tragedy happen it can ease the pain in there hearts even a simple party can make them happy. i hope you can raise more money for the children.. also im happy to know their still a generous and such a good heart people.. :)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:12 pm

The drawing was held, and the three names drawn as winners for this sweepstakes are:
cheryz
angel
lyrehc

Please contact me through a PM or an email to jaderune@hotmail.com, and furnish me your name on your ID, and your address.
I will send your money to you as quickly as I can.

Congratulations to all three of you.

Michael
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby lyrehc » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:46 pm

jadegil6 wrote:The drawing was held, and the three names drawn as winners for this sweepstakes are:
cheryz
angel
lyrehc

Please contact me through a PM or an email to jaderune@hotmail.com, and furnish me your name on your ID, and your address.
I will send your money to you as quickly as I can.

Congratulations to all three of you.

Michael

thank you sir michael, this time i saw my name sir. ed can't remind me anymore
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby cheryz » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:57 pm

yehey thank you sir michael. God Bless you and merry christmas! :D
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Next

Return to General Forum